Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draconian

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    This is a story about a guy that got a ticket that he thinks he didn't deserve... That part I agree on. The guy was a at T intersection. He was going to have to turn right or left and turn signal or not, nobody was going to pay attention to that. I could see if it were a four way and there was other traffic that needed to know his intentions. But, as it was his signaling was irrelevant.

The cop must have been having a slow day, or it was an easy ticket due to out of state plates. Yes, cops are prejudiced too...

His own statements toward the end of the video like "...seeing you in court..." are typical of somebody hating on the cop for getting cited. So, this guy vented his spleen in a fictional article that backfired badly. Being 84, I can forgive him for being clueless about how fast information travels today and how quickly a fraud will be found out. Now he's unemployed...
    The "Missouri Motor Vehicle and Traffic Code" actually stipulates:

304.019. Hand and mechanical signals, violations, penalty.

(2) An operator or driver intending to turn the operator's vehicle to the right shall extend such operator's arm at an angle above horizontal so that the same may be seen in front of and in the rear of the vehicle, ...

(4) The signals herein required shall be given either by means of the hand and arm or by a signal light or signal device in good mechanical condition of a type approved by the state highway patrol; however, when a vehicle is so constructed or loaded that a hand and arm signal would not be visible both to the front and rear of such vehicle then such signals shall be given by such light or device.
    THAT is really chintzy. This is more fair and equitable, and from a jurisdiction that'll seize & impound your vehicle for speeding over 30 mph:

Signal for left or right turn
    142 (1) The driver or operator of a vehicle upon a highway before turning to the left or right at any intersection or into a private road or driveway or from one lane for traffic to another lane for traffic or to leave the roadway shall first see that the movement can be made in safety, and if the operation of any other vehicle may be affected by the movement shall give a signal plainly visible to the driver or operator of the other vehicle of the intention to make the movement.
    R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 142 (1).
    "I am Groot"
    - Groot

Comment

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

do you have to put on your turn signal if you are in a dedicated turn lane??

Comment

here's another traffic stop where the news makes a big deal out of NOTHING

http://orlando-politics.com/2017/07/...rlando-police/

the driver wants to know why they ran her plates....!

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin View Post
            do you have to put on your turn signal if you are in a dedicated turn lane??
            Yes, although a lot of people don't, but remember- you're also signaling to all other traffic including oncoming, not just those behind you.

Comment

Cops are required to automatically run the plates of any vehicle pulled over for any reason. If she is really an attorney, she had to know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Yes, although a lot of people don't, but remember- you're also signaling to all other traffic including oncoming, not just those behind you.

thanks for reply
                I guess I better start using the signal in left turn lanes
                ... as much as people drive, how many really get pulled over for petty stuff a lot?
                I know some townships/etc that really hammer you for petty stuff....I think that's a more pertinent aspect....I drive in the city, and no cops anywhere giving traffic tickets...but in the township near my work, almost everyday I see the cops giving out traffic tickets in the same area--same place to be exact

Comment

Cops are required to automatically run the plates of any vehicle pulled over for any reason. If she is really an attorney, she had to know that.
                  ...exactly-..I got a ticket on the very day my plates expired...I had the decals in my glove compartment, but forgot to put them on
                  my car was parked, and I was amazed they could've seen the plates with a car parked behind and in front of me
                  ...so they checked my plates when it was parked, and the other time I was not committing any violation whatsoever

Comment

Even more, ...

... police cruisers equipped with ALPR (Automated Licence Plate Reader) can run some 25,000 licence plates in a 10 hour shift.

This video is 4 years old now, ALPR is much more entrenched. I hope you have your blanky; Rick Barnum can really talk, and I know too many details put you to sleep!
                    "I am Groot"
                    - Groot

Comment

thanks for reply
                      I guess I better start using the signal in left turn lanes
                      ... as much as people drive, how many really get pulled over for petty stuff a lot?
                      I know some townships/etc that really hammer you for petty stuff....I think that's a more pertinent aspect....I drive in the city, and no cops anywhere giving traffic tickets...but in the township near my work, almost everyday I see the cops giving out traffic tickets in the same area--same place to be exact

A lot do, because police departments have a quota of tickets they must meet in order to bring in those all-important traffic fines that generate all of the revenue.

Comment

I'm guessing that the lady went psycho PMS b...h shortly afterwards trying to get this policeman punished for having the audacity to stop her, not to mention for his being White...

Comment

...exactly-..I got a ticket on the very day my plates expired...I had the decals in my glove compartment, but forgot to put them on
                          my car was parked, and I was amazed they could've seen the plates with a car parked behind and in front of me
                          ...so they checked my plates when it was parked, and the other time I was not committing any violation whatsoever
                          The driver of another car managed to pull up next to me to tell me my brake lights were out. After I parked, I had someone watch as I pumped my brakes. It seemed to work. A few weeks go by, someone else pull alongside and tells me my brake lights were out. I headed to the parts store and bought new bulbs. I got pulled over coming out of the parking lot and got a damn ticket even though the cop saw me coming out of the store with the bulbs and it was sitting on the passenger seat. Pleading my case did no good. Jerk cop said I should have installed the new bulbs in the parking lot.
                          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                            The driver of another car managed to pull up next to me to tell me my brake lights were out. After I parked, I had someone watch as I pumped my brakes. It seemed to work. A few weeks go by, someone else pull alongside and tells me my brake lights were out. I headed to the parts store and bought new bulbs. I got pulled over coming out of the parking lot and got a damn ticket even though the cop saw me coming out of the store with the bulbs and it was sitting on the passenger seat. Pleading my case did no good. Jerk cop said I should have installed the new bulbs in the parking lot.
                            Forgive you and not collect the fine?

Never happen.

Best fun we ever had, though, was when Pax stopped a Florence cop and told him HIS TAIL LIGHT WAS OUT!!

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                              I find it totally ridiculous/typical government crap/etc that they don't have to warn you first.....how many people do an auto inspection on their car every week?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                                I'm guessing that the lady went psycho PMS b...h shortly afterwards trying to get this policeman punished for having the audacity to stop her, not to mention for his being White...
                                I've seen so many videos of traffic stops, with 'lefties', like that

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X