NPRís Declaration of Independence tweetstorm confuses some

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPRís Declaration of Independence tweetstorm confuses some

WASHINGTON (AP) ó National Public Radio marked the Fourth of July by tweeting the entire Declaration of Independence, but it seems some Twitter users didnít recognize what they were reading.

The broadcaster tweeted out the words of the declaration line-by-line Tuesday. Some of the foundersí criticisms of King George III were met with angry responses from supporters of President Donald Trump, who seemed to believe the tweets were a reference to the current president. Others were under the impression NPR was trying to provoke Trump with the tweets.

NPR broadcast its annual reading of the declaration for the 29th straight year on Independence Day. This is the first year the tradition has been extended to Twitter.
    https://apnews.com/45c9fd6838a8450a849d95ff7daefa34/NPR's-Declaration-of-Independence-tweetstorm-confuses-some

This actually gave me a chuckle as I passed through airport security today.

Comment

well, NPR is definitely anti-''right''......I don't see how they get money from the US taxpayers

Comment

NPR maybe anti-right, that doesn't make them anti-Americans as some of the far right are.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

NPR does provide some good musical programs, but all commentary is to the left.
          Democracy Now is broadcast on both NPR and PTV.
          Then the left complains about right wing radio talk shows, you know, the ones that are actually turning a profit or get cancelled.

Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
          Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
            NPR maybe anti-right, that doesn't make them anti-Americans as some of the far right are.
            it does if they promote only one side of the story/promoting hate/etc

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin View Post
              it does if they promote only one side of the story/promoting hate/etc
              Promoting hate??? Like FOX, Bart and the POTUS?
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I was more amused by the lack of civic knowledge, that people would not recognize the Declaration of Independence or why it was being shared on the 4th of July.

Comment

But all American tax payers regardless of political affiliation are forced to fund NPR programming.
                  I'm not a fan of many radio talk shows broadcast on commercial stations, but I'm not forced to support them.
                  Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                  Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                    But all American tax payers regardless of political affiliation are forced to fund NPR programming.
                    I'm not a fan of many radio talk shows broadcast on commercial stations, but I'm not forced to support them.
                    I thought Trump was stopping the money for the public stations?
                    and why not--when the US is in huge debt?

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                      I was more amused by the lack of civic knowledge, that people would not recognize the Declaration of Independence or why it was being shared on the 4th of July.
                      I agree. NPR should consider redoing War of the Worlds for Halloween.
                      Last edited by III Corps; 06 Jul 17, 07:25.

Comment

Promoting hate??? Like FOX, Bart and the POTUS?
                        whatever...they would always do stories that were pro-''left/pro-LGBTQ--abcdefghi......./anti-'right''
                        just like the ''unarmed lefty criminal is the good guy and the police the bad guy
                        the criminal is the good guy !!!???!!! the criminal?!
                        ..total ridiculousness/wrong/un-American
                        never did they talk about the ''leftist'' murder rate/graduation rate/etc----which are the IMPORTANT/critical/relevant/etc stories

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                          I'm amused that they determined it was Trump supporters......with no named sources........from an organization that caters to the left
                          Last edited by Nichols; 05 Jul 17, 13:32.
                          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

NPR maybe anti-right, that doesn't make them anti-Americans as some of the far left and right are.
                            John, I fixed it for you.
                            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Promoting hate??? Like FOX, Bart , CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, Obama and the current POTUS?
                              John, I also fixed this one for you.

None of the crap going on is one sided.......

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X