Man deficit in the US.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man deficit in the US.

Seems that there are not enough educated American men.
    Suppose it explains the recent influx of American women over here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40504076
    "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Alas I'm now too old to volunteer to go over there and help them out!
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Why is a story about educated English women not being able to find educated English men in the North American section?
      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post

From the article:

They said the "man deficit" was worse in countries where more women were going to university, as in the UK.

Prof Adam Balen, president of the British Fertility Society, said that he had noticed a "big shift" in UK society, with many university-educated women delaying starting a family.

"In my clinic I certainly see more older women seeking fertility treatment than in the past," he said.

The research comes amid a sex imbalance at British universities. In the academic year 2015-2016, 56% of UK students were women and 44% men, according to the Higher Education Statistics Agency

Maybe American men should visit England?
        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
          Alas I'm now too old to volunteer to go over there and help them out!
          No need to travel...it appears help is needed in your country!

God Save the Queen!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
            From the article:

They said the "man deficit" was worse in countries where more women were going to university, as in the UK.

Prof Adam Balen, president of the British Fertility Society, said that he had noticed a "big shift" in UK society, with many university-educated women delaying starting a family.

"In my clinic I certainly see more older women seeking fertility treatment than in the past," he said.

The research comes amid a sex imbalance at British universities. In the academic year 2015-2016, 56% of UK students were women and 44% men, according to the Higher Education Statistics Agency

Maybe American men should visit England?
            The reaseach was done by Yale university, which I understand is a small further education college in the US? It was also about US women. As it was an article for the BBC there was a British angle added. I can see why American women have the come over here to find eligible men...
            "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

The reaseach was done by Yale university, which I understand is a small further education college in the US? It was also about US women. As it was an article for the BBC there was a British angle added. I can see why American women have the come over here to find eligible men...
              The article clearly discusses the lack of educated men in England. Take a close look at what I quoted from your linked article...

English women can't find eligible English men.........somehow you think American women are going to have better luck than English women?

Comment

"Women lamented the 'missing men' in their lives"

Me thinks these people have been watching too much sex and the city and other crappy series, from which they have gathered a plethora of advice leading to no man wanting to marry them.
                Wisdom is personal

Comment

Not long ago there was a significant shortage of eligible women as their only quality was being attractive, cooking and cleaning. But, no one really complained while they were getting a free ride in life. More women making contributions to society is a welcomed change. Bearing in mind, if the issue is money, university rates doesn't tell the whole story. Men have more options for good paying jobs that don't require degrees and still earn more than women.
                  "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                  - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                    Not long ago there was a significant shortage of eligible women as their only quality was being attractive, cooking and cleaning. But, no one really complained while they were getting a free ride in life.
                    "A free ride in life".... you're not serious are you?

Please, tell that to your wife and let us know how she responds.

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                    Men have more options for good paying jobs that don't require degrees and still earn more than women.
                    Could you expand on this?

Comment

Me thinks these people have been watching too much sex and the city and other crappy series, from which they have gathered a plethora of advice leading to no man wanting to marry them.
                      Based on the circumstantial evidence of knowing ladies who are fans of such programmes, I would agree with you.
                      History is not tragedy; to understand historical reality, it is sometimes better to not know the end of the story.

Pierre Vidal-Naquet

Comment

Ah...

The article is sexist and stereotypes gender roles! This from the BBC! They've gone off the SJW / Leftist path. Heads need to roll at the BBC for this! Organize a violent protest immediately!

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          Ah...

The article is sexist and stereotypes gender roles! This from the BBC! They've gone off the SJW / Leftist path. Heads need to roll at the BBC for this! Organize a violent protest immediately!
                          The funny thing is that the article spends most of the time discussing how there is an educated male problem in the UK. The first sentence in the article was this:

Professional women are freezing their eggs due to a "dearth of educated men to marry", a US study has claimed.

I think the OP saw that but didn't rest of the article because the title and the first two posts don't match what the article is saying.....

Comment

150 women is far too small a sample from a nation of over 300 million, and 80% of that is only 120 women in total.

Without knowing their exact circumstances, projected income, specific requirements in a husband and so forth, the poll is meaningless.
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                              "A free ride in life".... you're not serious are you?

Please, tell that to your wife and let us know how she responds.
                              If I was dating someone in the 1950's I could say that and it'd be true. Today though things are different, more is expected of women. My girlfriend works so I have no reason to say it to her.

Back in the 50's only about 30% of women worked, and the amount that made enough money to be financially independent was even lower. So they need to be cognizant of their history when answering these type of polls.

Could you expand on this?
                              Good paying jobs that don't require degrees are typically labor intensive or dangerous, so you see more men than women filling those type of positions.
                              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                              - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X