St. Mark's First United Church of Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Mark's First United Church of Facebook

Mark Zuckerberg has claimed Facebook is “the new church” and the social network can take on the role that religion once did in giving people a sense of community.
    The billionaire boss said groups on Facebook could give people a sense they are part of “something bigger than ourselves” akin to a religious congregation.
    ---

n a speech in Chicago, he said only 100 million Facebook users are part of what he called a “meaningful community.”
    This meant they were part of a group on Facebook that involved regular interactions with other people.
    Zuckerberg said he wanted the 100 million figure to rise to 1 billion.
    He said: “If we can do this, it will not only turn around the whole decline in community membership we’ve seen for decades, it will start to strengthen our social fabric and bring the world closer together.”
    “As I’ve traveled around and learned about different places, one theme is clear: Every great community has great leaders. Think about it. A church doesn’t just come together. It has a pastor who cares for the well-being of their congregation, makes sure they have food and shelter.”
    ---

Zuckerberg has denied he has ambitions to run for president, but he recently went on a week-long listening tour of America that looked like a political campaign.
    http://nypost.com/2017/06/29/mark-zu...he-new-church/

Hmmm. Going by the stuff I see on my feed it seems to be a haven for the broken sad and the broken psychos.

Random things on my feed right now:

'Just because I'm smiling doesn't mean I don't want to punch you in the face'

'If I see someone eating a taco like this I want to smash it out of their hands'

'You may think you got away with the way you treated me, but karma was watching, and karma will do my work for me'

And a long and involved joke about a guy who was caught sniffing his best mate's sister's panties at her funeral.

L. Ron would be proud of the Zuckmeister.
    Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Letter To A Local Newspaper....

SIR:

I haven't got a computer, but I was told about Facebook and Twitter and am now trying to make friends outside Facebook and Twitter by applying the same principles.
      Every day, I walk down the street and tell passers-by what I have eaten, how I feel, what I have done the night before and what I will do for the rest of the day. I give them pictures of my wife, my daughter, my dog and of me gardening and on holiday, spending time by the pool. I also listen to their conversations, tell them I "like" them and give them my opinion on every subject that interests me...whether it interests them or not.

And it works. I already have four people following me; two police officers, a social worker and a psychiatrist.

Comment

Zuckerman must need a lot of money for something, and a religion? Like L. Ron?
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

It's like Hunter S. Thompson once stated...

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Comment

No kidding...reminds me of Flip Wilson's Church of What's Happening Now.i
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X