Trump blasts states for refusing to hand over voter data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump blasts states for refusing to hand over voter data

President Donald Trump lashed out on Saturday at the growing number of states refusing to give voters' names, addresses and sensitive personal information to a commission he created to investigate alleged voter fraud.

"Numerous states are refusing to give information to the very distinguished VOTER FRAUD PANEL," he wrote on Twitter. "What are they trying to hide?"

More than 20 states, including Virginia, Kentucky, California, New York and Massachusetts, have declined to provide some or all of the information, saying it was unnecessary and violated privacy.

"This commission was formed to try to find basis for the lie that President Trump put forward that has no foundation," Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes told Reuters previously in an interview.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN19M3JN

A quote from a Trump hating Democrat (Kentucky's Secretary of State). Not what I'd call the best source to use.

Comment

I told you the Dems would block any attempts to actually fight Voter Fraud.

Without it, they don't have a prayer for victory.
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Okay, what are your thoughts?
        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

One of the first rules of leadership is to not ask for something the other people can refuse and you can't do anything about it. Teddy Roosevelt came at it from the other direction. He is the guy that said the US should "Talk softly and carry a big stick!"..

Pruitt
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Here we have Democrats and the Trump hating media making a huge deal about something that is already in the public record. That is, who voted for the party in the primary election where declaring party affiliation is required by local law and who voted in the elections. No where is there ever suppose to be any record kept of who voted for what candidate in any election.

While it is possible to find out who voted for what candidate, given that all paper and electronic ballots are registered to a voter via a ballot serial number, it would be in violation of the voting laws to compile and provide such data for any use.

Both parties use existing voting data, especially the record of party affiliation from the primaries, to spam your snail mail begging and frightening you for money to support their candidates every election season.

I suspect that the effort is to find and eliminate voting fraud in the system, ( the dead voting Democrat, illegals voting Democrat, Democrats registered to vote in several places at once, people that don't exist voting Democrat,) something that Democrats vigorously oppose.
            “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Ah, Ron

In the article it was reported that a representative was registered in three states to vote. He voted in AL. Do you care to guess which party he belongs to?
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Mississippi Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann had said in a statement that he did not see the letter but would rebuff the commission.

"They can go jump in the Gulf of Mexico, and Mississippi is a great state to launch from," he said.

Voting officials in both parties and academics across the country have long rejected the notion that fraudulent voting is widespread, finding instead that it is a sporadic and uncommon occurrence that has had no discernible effect on election outcomes. Mr. Trump’s own lawyers concluded as much about the 2016 contest, asserting in legal filings that it was “not tainted” as they sought to block recounts in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.
                Any evidence yet to Trump's claims?
                "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Trump should push Congress to pass a voter ID law. It probably would be straight party-line vote, but what the heck... Let's see who wants to know who's voting and who doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                    Okay, what are your thoughts?
                    I found the article to be quite adequate.

Comment

Originally posted by Rutger View Post
                      Any evidence yet to Trump's claims?
                      Sounds a bit like the flip of the "Russian influence in USA voting" investigations. No actual physical evidence of consequence/effect, lots of enuendo, but if we look long enough we should find something.

Difference is that with vote/voter fraud we do have sporadic and localized episodes and examples of such, but that would suggest a limited and inconsequential effect ~ unless there is more to be found and "if we look long and deep enough, we should find something"...
                      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                        Sounds a bit like the flip of the "Russian influence in USA voting" investigations. No actual physical evidence of consequence/effect, lots of enuendo, but if we look long enough we should find something.

Difference is that with vote/voter fraud we do have sporadic and localized episodes and examples of such, but that would suggest a limited and inconsequential effect ~ unless there is more to be found and "if we look long and deep enough, we should find something"...
                        We also absolutely know many voter rolls are filled with ineligible voters like the dead, those who moved out-of-state, people ineligible to vote (felons, illegals, mentally incompetent, etc.). That brings into question the possibility of things like fraudulent mail in ballot voting, etc.

There are millions of ineligible voters on registries nationwide. That alone should be a reason to review these thoroughly and purge them.

So, Congress passing a voter ID law, and one that updates voter registration to require physical proof of citizenship and a cross check for criminal status (eg., felon) would begin to fix the problems. Sure, the Democrats and Left would scream bloody murder over such a law passing, but once it did...

After all, only those who are for illicit voting, fraudulent voting, or some other criminal activity associated with voting could possibly be against a law that ensures that only those eligible to vote actually do.

Comment

I registered to vote when I turned 18. I used that same address as my legal residence for over 15 years. Then I bought my own house and changed my address. I left that house in 2011 and moved back into the original residence. I have lived in Texas since 2013. The ladies where I vote still ask me how my Mentally Challenged Daughter is doing! Am I voting illegally? Probably, but I don't want to register in Texas. The joke is I voted for Trump!

Pruitt
                          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                            I found the article to be quite adequate.
                            You posted it but have no opinion? Because the article itself is hardly "quite adequate" in any way whatsoever.
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              You posted it but have no opinion? Because the article itself is hardly "quite adequate" in any way whatsoever.
                              I consider it a good article in that it helps inform the reader about developments on an important area to many - namely, democratic processes and the possible threat of illegal voters or voter fraud, which were a major point of contention a year ago. It is not a great article - it's not going to win awards or redefine our paradigm - but it serves a purpose.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X