No announcement yet.

Right to Carry Laws increase violent crime by 13-15%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's only happened twice in our lifetime. And we both hate each other.

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
    Once again, look at the instructions on how to answer question 11.a. You don't need a law degree, just common sense. You're not getting a rise out of me, I'm just trying to educate you. Anytime that 101CV agree on something, it must be the plain truth. Many smaller gunshops shade the law since they don't get the scrutiny that larger stores do.
    https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download
    My worst jump story:
    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
    No lie.

~
    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
      That's only happened twice in our lifetime. And we both hate each other.
      That is certainly a shame when you consider I like both of you.. Of course I don't consider either of you as correct all the time. That is okay as I am occasionally shown to be wrong as well. It does liven up the threads now and then. You two will never know when I am serious and when I am not.

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

A confession is all that is needed to be charged with violating the law. If someone intentionally buys a firearm to give to someone else it is not a loop hole it is a violation of the law, the law is very clear on this. How does the person purchasing for someone else know they are authorized to purchase? As an FFL dealer any information provided by the purchaser that is illegal to finalize the transaction should terminate the sale. I was told by the State Police I could discrimination against anyone I felt would not be a responsible gun owner or might violate the law. I have refused to sell to several individuals.

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
        It's not so much a matter of shading the law on behalf of stores as it is a very obvious loophole.

I purchase the firearm.

I privately sell it to someone who was not in a position physically to purchase the firearm.

Notice the very specific language. I didn't buy it as their agent. I purchased an arm that I knew they wanted. I then privately sold it to them. I didn't lie on the form because I purchased the weapon myself under my name and for my behalf.

Depending on state and local laws, it might or might not require an FFL to transfer to the other person. A lot of states, including mine, don't require anything for a private sale other than it not be to a prohibited person (Felon, DV, etc).

Little difference legally between purchasing a firearm, dropping it in the safe for 5 years, then selling it privately......or selling it privately 5 weeks after purchase. I would say that a hand off immediately upon purchase would be violating as that's slightly different.
        My worst jump story:
        No lie.

~
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Hey, it's all good. I can joke around also. I really have nothing personal against anyone here. And I LOVE to be hated.

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
          That is certainly a shame when you consider I like both of you.. Of course I don't consider either of you as correct all the time. That is okay as I am occasionally shown to be wrong as well. It does liven up the threads now and then. You two will never know when I am serious and when I am not.

Pruitt
          My worst jump story:
          No lie.

~
          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
            AAs an FFL dealer any information provided by the purchaser that is illegal to finalize the transaction should terminate the sale. I was told by the State Police I could discrimination against anyone I felt would not be a responsible gun owner or might violate the law. I have refused to sell to several individuals.
            Gun sales is the one place in sales where the customer isn't always right. After a while, you get a sort of sixth sense about it. The customer doesn't even argue when you terminate the sale because he knows that you're right. The easiest ones to spot are the females buying AK or AR pistols. When two people walk in, one asks all the questions and handling and then says the other will do the paperwork, is also an easy NO. Another thing to watch out for is if the buyer has a state ID card instead of a driver's license. They turn up in ATF traces at a much higher percentage than they are issued at. It's not just one thing, but when a few combine, it's a no-go. One sale isn't worth losing your license or getting arrested.
            Last edited by johns624; 10 Jul 17, 21:51.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X