House passes 'Kate's Law' and bill targeting sanctuary cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
    Article I. Section. 10. Prohibits States from entering treaties with foreign nations. Ignoring Federal Immigration Laws and accepting improperly and illegally documented aliens is a default "foreign treaty". Santuray States/Cities are illegal and unConstitutional and it is within Federal authority to cut Federal funds to such. QED

According to the laws as they stand its a felony to conceal, transport, house, or hire illegals.

To conspire to commit felonies is another slight problem.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1324
    Last edited by Bwaha; 30 Jun 17, 17:11.
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
      According to the laws as they stand its a felony to conceal, transport, house or hire illegals.

To conspire to commit felonies is another slight problem.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1324
      Trump should've ordered the DoJ to prosecute them the day he took office.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
        Point of order - if they're letting them in to their city, why not let them? ...
        You have become very snarky today, but I will answer that as if it was a serious question.

1 - Because they won't stay in one place. People move around.... and the illegals drink & drive and get people killed, a lot. Examples abound, want some?

2- Because they vote, and in National Elections that makes it our problem too.

3- because they only pay about 1/10th of the tax money need to keep them and their kids in Health Care, Education and all the other services they demand. In California they pay about 9 billion and get 82 million in services back.

4- lets not hunt & pick here.
        If you are saying that in order to make this happen, The Fed's hold over EVERYTHING in America had to be relaxed to an equal degree.

And if you are willing to agree to that, I'd be all for ignoring all this Sanctuary stuff.
        Do we have a deal?
        Fair is fair, after all.
        Let's do a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
          You have become very snarky today, but I will answer that as if it was a serious question.

1 - Because they won't stay in one place. People move around.... and the illegals drink & drive and get people killed, a lot. Examples abound, want some?

2- Because they vote, and in National Elections that makes it our problem too.

3- because they only pay about 1/10th of the tax money need to keep them and their kids in Health Care, Education and all the other services they demand. In California they pay about 9 billion and get 82 million in services back.

4- lets not hunt & pick here.
          If you are saying that in order to make this happen, The Fed's hold over EVERYTHING in America had to be relaxed to an equal degree.

And if you are willing to agree to that, I'd be all for ignoring all this Sanctuary stuff.
          Do we have a deal?
          Fair is fair, after all.
          Let's do a deal.

Oh I'd support it. Want to keep people out of your community? Build a stockade, don't rely on people paid for by an extortion racket to do it for you. That would allow those who want their cities to be overflown by migrants to live as they like, while others could keep them at bay. It allows for the locals themselves to better represent their own values. The Federal government is just codified oppression, after all. It's laws inherently infringe upon my own freedoms.

I mean shoot, why should Houston be forced to allow anyone from Chicago or San Franciscointo their fair city, citizen or not, if they don't want them to?

Comment

Article I. Section. 10. Prohibits States from entering treaties with foreign nations. Ignoring Federal Immigration Laws and accepting improperly and illegally documented aliens is a default "foreign treaty". Santuray States/Cities are illegal and unConstitutional and it is within Federal authority to cut Federal funds to such. QED
            How is that a foreign treaty, though? It's legality (or illegality in this case) isn't too hard to point out, but since they're not conducting any sort of negotiations with a foreign power unilaterally, I'm not sure "refusing to enforce federal law" counts as a "default foreign treaty".

Again, the legality of their move isn't really beyond doubt but to some hardcore supporters (the sort of liberal who sees [i]all[/] illegals as poor innocent victims). These sanctuary cities have little legal ground to go on. This is just another shade of the nullification crisis, and federal authority can't be dismissed like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
              How is that a foreign treaty, though? It's legality (or illegality in this case) isn't too hard to point out, but since they're not conducting any sort of negotiations with a foreign power unilaterally, I'm not sure "refusing to enforce federal law" counts as a "default foreign treaty".

Again, the legality of their move isn't really beyond doubt but to some hardcore supporters (the sort of liberal who sees [i]all[/] illegals as poor innocent victims). These sanctuary cities have little legal ground to go on. This is just another shade of the nullification crisis, and federal authority can't be dismissed like that.
              Recognizing the "documentation" for foreign nationals here illegally that have not been legally admitted or vetted by the Federal Governement is the default treaty with the nation of origin for illegal aliens.
              TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Recognizing the "documentation" for foreign nationals here illegally that have not been legally admitted or vetted by the Federal Governement is the default treaty with the nation of origin for illegal aliens.
                But in this case, the origin nation could also be opposed to their movement, meaning they would be conducting a default treaty... against the will of another nation.

I'm not arguing that what they're doing is illegal, only that I'm not sure if there is a legal case that refusing to enforce federal law is the same as conducting a treaty with a foreign power, especially when no representative from the foreign power is involved. Is there precedent for labeling the former as the latter that I'm unaware of?

Comment

The constitution is just an outdated piece of paper and liberals are way smarter and more decent than a bunch of slave holding bigots

We hunt the hunters

Comment

did someone post this?
                    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...city-violation

San Francisco has to pay over 100,000$ to an illegal alien because--the city officials handed him over to immigration officials...!!!!??

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin View Post
                      did someone post this?
                      http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...city-violation

San Francisco has to pay over 100,000$ to an illegal alien because--the city officials handed him over to immigration officials...!!!!??

Comment

The illegal from El Salvador should be able to buy a new car and drive himself back to El Salvador. Will Mexico allow him in without papers?

Pruitt
                        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                          The illegal from El Salvador should be able to buy a new car and drive himself back to El Salvador. Will Mexico allow him in without papers?

Pruitt
                          Hell no! The Mexicans would confiscate the car and deport the El Salvadorian after he rotted in one of their prisons for a while...

Comment

As long as they deport him to the South...

Pruitt
                            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

the person comes into the US illegally--and gets 190,000$ for=====being ILLEGAL !!!--I'm still laughing!

this is the dems'/lefties'/obama's/world in a nutshell !!

Comment

Meanwhile, next door things aren't so great for illegals...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X