No announcement yet.

Dykes March Against Jews!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

"Liberalism cannot postulate anything positive, because such affirmations will carry with them exclusions, and the only source Liberalism can recognize for exclusion is intolerance or 'narrow mindedness.' It follows inevitably that the Liberal is exacerbated by the sight of any independent and healthy growth. Such a growth can only remind him of his [or her] own hollowness.
      --Richard M. Weaver
      I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
      --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Savez View Post
        "Liberalism cannot postulate anything positive, because such affirmations will carry with them exclusions, and the only source Liberalism can recognize for exclusion is intolerance or 'narrow mindedness.' It follows inevitably that the Liberal is exacerbated by the sight of any independent and healthy growth. Such a growth can only remind him of his [or her] own hollowness.
        --Richard M. Weaver
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
          An argument can be made that the LGBT crowd should be in peoples face...all the time hetrosexuals are in our face in public, kissing each other in public so the argument is why can LGBT folks not do the same. Youtube recently put out a pride video,

You can see though the video has received about 50k more dislikes then likes...showing that there could be a problem in our world wrt how LGBT folks are treated... Many groups through history have fought for equality and the video I posted it is one of the first videos I have seen where LGBT folks talk about being strong and fighting back instead of just hoping people will accept them. The anti LGBT atmosphere is not so bad in the USA but is deadly in Africa and the Middle east. Africans have had to deal with brutal Arab Muslim and Christian European expansion resulting in many Africans being attacked or enslaved...today in Christian and Muslim majority countries in Africa LGBT Africans face brutal attacks and the next step is for LBGT groups to fight back in Africa..
          A. Your parents were heterosexual, did their expression of affection for each other damage you? Grandparents?
          Did you take offense when they kissed?
          B. Maybe they should just make a video people like.
          C. If a group of people want to be accepted perhaps having a parade that expresses pride by exhibitions that push the limits of normalcy may be counter productive.
          D. We have all attended social events where the majority of people were straight, such as high school dances, sports events, movies, restaurants, bars, concerts, etc. while a few may have misbehaved, I believe confident that the general consensus is as a majority, heterosexuals do not dress or behave in a manor intentionally intended to shock, embarrass or offend others.
          Perhaps if the organizers of these events were to hire a public relations company to advise them on how to create a positive image instead of presenting themselves as the very caricatures of "queers" that the homosexual community claims misrepresents them, the rest of the world, which is mostly straight, would start to change their perception.
          To put it simply, if you act like a freak, don't blame others for treating you like a freak.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
            We have all attended social events where the majority of people were straight, such as high school dances, sports events, movies, restaurants, bars, concerts, etc. while a few may have misbehaved, I believe confident that the general consensus is as a majority, heterosexuals do not dress or behave in a manor intentionally intended to shock, embarrass or offend others.
            Perhaps if the organizers of these events were to hire a public relations company to advise them on how to create a positive image instead of presenting themselves as the very caricatures of "queers" that the homosexual community claims misrepresents them, the rest of the world, which is mostly straight, would start to change their perception.
            To put it simply, if you act like a freak, don't blame others for treating you like a freak.
            fair point.
            "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
            validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
            "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

While I totally sympathise with anyone who dislikes fartbreath extreme lefties, using Prager University as a reference is Fake News. It's not even a real university, its fake. Its a Fake University.

All you have done is referenced a political opinion .

ACG is about seeking the reality of history, and the real truth. Your post fails. You need to use a better reference, a neutral one, for your viewpoint.
              How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
              Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                While I totally sympathise with anyone who dislikes fartbreath extreme lefties, using Prager University as a reference is Fake News. It's not even a real university, its fake. Its a Fake University.

ACG is about seeking the reality of history, and the real truth. Your post fails. You need to use a better reference, a neutral one, for your viewpoint.
                I'd say Prager University has more validity than any university teaching Ethnic Studies, Women's studies, and a whole plethora of other made up or useless degree fields. While Prager doesn't offer degrees, it does offer credible people giving their views usually using evidence and facts to back it up.

Oh, and ACG has whole sections where various sorts of "made up history" are discussed, along with opinions on a whole range of things.

Comment

I would say as a debate device, the video was useful. It expressed an opinion that takes things to their natural conclusions. I don't believe it was ever intended to be put forth as a factual accounting but rather a debate device.
                  Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Emphasis on "seeking", and note the wide range of where that goes here at ACG.
                    Prager University
                    https://www.prageru.com/

Comment

So you can't disagree with the content of the information and conclusions made in the video.
                      I'll take that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X