Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lynelhutz
    replied
    It's great she is proud of her superstitious misogynistic nonsense but to try and divorce the religious content from the purpose of the hijab is disingenuous and intended for consumption of western non-Muslims particularly those on the sexually adverse left.

And the fiction about intending to de-emphasize her looks is downright funny given her position on a magazine cover and the degree to which she is seeking attention based on her looks. It is just that part of her "look" involves a bright red hijab as in "Hey! Just look at how much I don't want you to look at me!"

Leave a comment:

• Salinator
    replied
    Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
    Well to each their own right... This whole Aden thing is quite a historic event...when is the last time you saw a American Muslim woman at such a contest....maybe there has been a Muslim at a beauty contest but not one wearing such Islamic garb it seems.
    How is it historic? It is all hype as Muslims in beauty contests bearing Islamic garb is nothing unusual.

http://america.aljazeera.com/article...missworld.html

Leave a comment:

• Stonewall_Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Sadly, most of you simply do not understand the impossibility of a Muslim beauty contest. Islam does not permit women to parade in public displying any sort of feminine charms, and that is all that a beauty pageant is all about.

Islam, further, doe not permit women to admire themselves to the extent necessary to win a pageant, let alone participate. That is openly displayed female vanity - a terrible sin.

The single key word throughout all of Islam is "in'sh'allah" - it is the will of Allah, and since Allah is perfect in every way and cannot be improved upon, female beauty pageants are impossible. Make-up? Eye liner? Lipstick? Braces to straighten teeth and make her more attractive? All forbidden by Allah, who requires women to be totally covered in order to avoid inflaming the immature minds and uncontrollable gonads of Muslim men.

So a "Muslim beauty contest" is a total oxymoron, as is displaying this female on the cover of a magazine.
    Well to each their own right... This whole Aden thing is quite a historic event...when is the last time you saw a American Muslim woman at such a contest....maybe there has been a Muslim at a beauty contest but not one wearing such Islamic garb it seems.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Sadly, most of you simply do not understand the impossibility of a Muslim beauty contest. Islam does not permit women to parade in public displying any sort of feminine charms, and that is all that a beauty pageant is all about.

Islam, further, doe not permit women to admire themselves to the extent necessary to win a pageant, let alone participate. That is openly displayed female vanity - a terrible sin.

The single key word throughout all of Islam is "in'sh'allah" - it is the will of Allah, and since Allah is perfect in every way and cannot be improved upon, female beauty pageants are impossible. Make-up? Eye liner? Lipstick? Braces to straighten teeth and make her more attractive? All forbidden by Allah, who requires women to be totally covered in order to avoid inflaming the immature minds and uncontrollable gonads of Muslim men.

So a "Muslim beauty contest" is a total oxymoron, as is displaying this female on the cover of a magazine.

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    *you're*

Leave a comment:

• Darth Holliday
    replied
    its nothing new some Jewish women dress conservatively religiously speaking in a manner similar to Aden.
    That took 26 messages....Your slipping....

Leave a comment:

• Stonewall_Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
    Meanwhile in Saudi Arabia...

The contestants scampered down the runway, bleating at their admirers. Poets sang their praises in verse as the male-only audience appraised the competitors' physical beauty, right down to the length of their necks.
    But instead of receiving roses and a tiara, it was off to the highest bidder for many finalists in the first Saudi beauty pageant featuring locally bred sheep.
    The contest, a far cry from female beauty pageants held in some Arab countries like Lebanon, offered an opportunity for breeders to do business and a rare outlet for entertainment in a country where the few recreational activities that exist are conducted under the strict glare of the religious police.
    The goal of the competition was to encourage Saudis to breed for quality. Some of those who attended the event said Saudi sheep - known as Nejdi sheep - have markedly improved over the past decade because of the attention given to breeding them.
    "The Nejdi sheep of today are much more beautiful than those of 10 years ago," said Salem al-Ghannami, a 37-year-old Emirati at the event.

More here... http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/S...ep-3186494.php

Bro the title of your link makes it appear that Saudi men went to a beauty contest to seek out women and treated the women like sheep.... But either way my point stands as some Saudi men have been caught with prostitutes in Europe or been accused in some way of sexual misdoings as Donald J Trump has....

Leave a comment:

• Stonewall_Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by Moulin View Post
    that has nothing to do with what was Mountain Man's main point-brainwashed/hypocrisy
    Indeed Aden reminds of how many women worldwide dress in both the past and present..more so in the past especially during the I love lucy days.

Leave a comment:

• Stonewall_Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    "Allure" isn't very alluring anymore.
    The so called US beauty agents have a history of diversity, Aden pointed this out,

I know btw that Trump has a connection to the Miss USA contests. Did Bwaha or the Saudi men get their influence from Trump btw....because Trump was reported to personally "inspect " the women before the beauty contest,

From Bwahas link,

Saudi men flock to beauty contest for sheep

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/S...ep-3186494.php

Compared to,

Ex-contestant: Trump inspected each woman before pageant

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/13/politi...ant/index.html

^Now that accusation is from a non Muslim white American lady...I dont agree with either behavior but Trumpsters and some Saudis will chalk it up as boys being boys...

What say you to that exorcist...does that mean American white women are no longer alluring?

Let me say this much.....all women and men are beautiful...and there is just nothing wrong with a lady wearing a head scarf or not...actually the headscarf was worn by many European women throughout history. One can even go back to Ancient Egypt to see beautiful women wearing head-ware of sorts. These were women with great power in Egyptian society. I certainly agree with you guys that the Muslim men who oppose interfaith marriage and dating, and any men who opposes interfaith marriage and dating, men who oppose women going to the store by themselves, and men who are bigoted in general are in the wrong. Now in America we have Halima Aden who is a Muslim serving as a counter to intolerant Muslim men who want to command Muslim women..Aden and many other Muslims men and women say Muhammad was a man of equality...and certainly we want to hear this....those who hear this and ignore it are doing themselves a disservice no different then perhaps if I were to ignore tolerate Israelis.

Unlike how some women and men are harshly critical of Trump...Aden just wants Trump to meet with more Muslims,

Do you have anything you'd like to say to our current president, that you'd wish he'd learn about your community?

Yeah. Just [that] what I do is I always try to educate myself about my neighbors, about the people I meet. I think that's something that our president could do. We all have different things that make us strong and weak, but if we communicate and we really open ourselves and open our hearts, you're going to be amazed by the things that you can learn. Everybody that comes from a different culture, they always [know] something that you've never thought of. Something that you could use, you know? So just educate yourself.
    More From Style

You said recently that sometimes you're called a Somali-American, sometimes people call you American, but you don't see yourself as fitting into any one category. What do you mean by that?

I feel like I'm different and I'm unique. When people put labels on us it doesn't always enclose everything that we are. So even though I'm proud to be Somali, I'm proud to be American, at the end of the day, I'm still Halima and I take things from both sides and combine them and I make my own little category. I'm me!

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/style-be...ive-interview/

Its very clear look at how well mannered Aden is....she is not speaking in a dirty tone about Trump....she is not using harsh words unlike how some folks personally attack Obama with names like Obummer, BO, or something similar. Aden is reaching out to Trump where as many American white Christian women have used harsh language against Trump. There are many many many non Muslim Americans who use insulting language toward Trump, far far more non Muslim Americans are critical of Trump then are Muslim Americans. I know a Muslim American who supports Trump.
    Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 24 Jun 17, 10:37. Reason: forgot link

Leave a comment:

• Moulin
    replied
    These days sex sells just look at the game of thrones sex scenes...GoT would have never aired in the good ole days of the USA...Imagine GOT following I love Lucy.....Aden dresses like the Ladies of the American past.. Aden reminds of a time in the USA when the divorce rate was far lower and US television did not see such degrading sex scenes as we see today.. And as long as Aden supports interfaith dating and marriage of which Islam approves of..she is a good influence on American Muslims and a counter to the anti American message of ISIL Muslims as well as anti Muslims who only talk about negative stories associated with Muslims....though sometimes the anti Muslims inadvertently attack their own country like when they vehemently criticize Saudi Arabia which is supported by Donald J Trump and the US gov.
    that has nothing to do with what was Mountain Man's main point-brainwashed/hypocrisy

Leave a comment:

• Stonewall_Jack
    replied
    Sadly, I doubt she even realizes the hypocrisy of her statement. She believes in a religion which dictates how she will look for her entire life, but actually thinks it's her choice, not even understanding that she is locked into expectations far more severe than anything American culture, which is the choice of the individual in America,
    would ever make on her. She could just dress conservatively, after all.

She is the new poster girl for Islamic brainwashing.
    These days sex sells just look at the game of thrones sex scenes...GoT would have never aired in the good ole days of the USA...Imagine GOT following I love Lucy.....Aden dresses like the Ladies of the American past.. Aden reminds of a time in the USA when the divorce rate was far lower and US television did not see such degrading sex scenes as we see today.. And as long as Aden supports interfaith dating and marriage of which Islam approves of..she is a good influence on American Muslims and a counter to the anti American message of ISIL Muslims as well as anti Muslims who only talk about negative stories associated with Muslims....though sometimes the anti Muslims inadvertently attack their own country like when they vehemently criticize Saudi Arabia which is supported by Donald J Trump and the US gov.

Leave a comment:

• Stonewall_Jack
    replied

The contestants scampered down the runway, bleating at their admirers. Poets sang their praises in verse as the male-only audience appraised the competitors' physical beauty, right down to the length of their necks.
    But instead of receiving roses and a tiara, it was off to the highest bidder for many finalists in the first Saudi beauty pageant featuring locally bred sheep.
    The contest, a far cry from female beauty pageants held in some Arab countries like Lebanon, offered an opportunity for breeders to do business and a rare outlet for entertainment in a country where the few recreational activities that exist are conducted under the strict glare of the religious police.
    The goal of the competition was to encourage Saudis to breed for quality. Some of those who attended the event said Saudi sheep - known as Nejdi sheep - have markedly improved over the past decade because of the attention given to breeding them.
    "The Nejdi sheep of today are much more beautiful than those of 10 years ago," said Salem al-Ghannami, a 37-year-old Emirati at the event.

Your Trump is best of friends with the Saudi King.. put it on Trump and the US gov for not doing anything to accommodate your anti Saudi viewpoint perhaps. not that this has anything to due with the thread topic.

Leave a comment:

• Stonewall_Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by III Corps View Post
    Hmmm. Mention a manufacturer's name and then cover it with a hoodie.
    Here you are the pictures of Aden showing the Nike brand "Hijab"... Apparently Aden is sponsored by Nike...its nothing new some Jewish women dress conservatively religiously speaking in a manner similar to Aden.

https://twitter.com/Kinglimaa/status...-aden-hijab%2F

Leave a comment:

• Moulin
    replied
    Sadly, I doubt she even realizes the hypocrisy of her statement. She believes in a religion which dictates how she will look for her entire life, but actually thinks it's her choice, not even understanding that she is locked into expectations far more severe than anything American culture, which is the choice of the individual in America,
    would ever make on her. She could just dress conservatively, after all.

She is the new poster girl for Islamic brainwashing.
    good call

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied

Where the sheep are scared.....

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X