Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New America (organization)

EXCERPT:
    New America, formerly the New America Foundation, is a non-partisan think tank in the United States.[2][3][4] It focuses on a range of public policy issues, including national security studies, technology, asset building, health, gender, energy, education, and the economy. The organization is based in Washington, D.C., with additional offices in New York City.
    Ted Halstead served as New America's founding President and CEO from 1999 to 2007.[5] Steve Coll served as New America's second President.[6] In 2013, Anne-Marie Slaughter became President of New America, replacing Steve Coll.[7] Google's Executive Chairman, Eric Schmidt, is the chairman of the foundation's board of directors.[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Am...(organization)

TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

• Originally posted by pamak View Post
      There are actually sources in internet with information regarding the different types of domestic terrorism. It is interesting that although everybody is aware of the Jihadist violence in the US, most people seem to discount the right-wing violence in the US as being insignificant even though the data show otherwise.

According to the newamerica.org webpage "What is the threat to the United States today," there is a graph titled Deadly Attacks by Ideology and Year which shows that there have been 95 deaths as a result of domestic terrorism by Jihadist since 2002 (9/11 is not included since it was not a case of domestic terrorism) and a substantial number of 53 deaths as a result of domestic terrorism by far right extremists. And in case someone may want to double-check the classification of attacks as being right-wing extremism, you can hover your mouse along the graph's points and read the details for each incidence of domestic terrorism. Notice that I just posted the information about how to find the webpage because the system does not let me post links yet (I have less than 100 posts here).
      Deadly attacks aren't what's important here. It's ability to shift the public's perception towards an outcome. The Left is much better at this than the Right. A body count is about a meaningless as it was in the Vietnam War.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/5...rship-of-data/

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        Deadly attacks aren't what's important here. It's ability to shift the public's perception towards an outcome. The Left is much better at this than the Right. A body count is about a meaningless as it was in the Vietnam War.

...(edited to remove the link since my post cannot include it)
        I assume the same is true about Jihadist violence, right?
        As for the effectiveness of the left, I have not seen any signs of the left shifting public opinion more effectively that the right. Trump is the president after all exactly because of such ineffectiveness. Now, if you add to the above Trump's demonstrated effectiveness in shifting public opinion, it is not that difficult to see how his rhetoric can mobilize extreme right-wing and very well armed militia during an impeachment process. The hardcore leftist may be good at breaking windows and setting fires during demonstrations, but their potential for deadly violence does not come even close to that of extreme right wing militia, and when you add Trump's rhetoric, you have a dangerous combination.
        Last edited by pamak; 08 Jul 17, 04:03.
        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• Originally posted by pamak View Post
          There are actually sources in internet with information regarding the different types of domestic terrorism. It is interesting that although everybody is aware of the Jihadist violence in the US, most people seem to discount the right-wing violence in the US as being insignificant even though the data show otherwise.

According to the newamerica.org webpage "What is the threat to the United States today," there is a graph titled Deadly Attacks by Ideology and Year which shows that there have been 95 deaths as a result of domestic terrorism by Jihadist since 2002 (9/11 is not included since it was not a case of domestic terrorism) and a substantial number of 53 deaths as a result of domestic terrorism by far right extremists. And in case someone may want to double-check the classification of attacks as being right-wing extremism, you can hover your mouse along the graph's points and read the details for each incidence of domestic terrorism. Notice that I just posted the information about how to find the webpage because the system does not let me post links yet (I have less than 100 posts here).
          Right-wing terror is a real and growing threat, which thankfully our FBI is on-top of. Having stopped multiple plots of domestic terror from right-wing groups over the past few years. Or, was on-top of anyway, Trump has proposed cutting funds that are used to combat domestic terror from these groups, putting our security in jeopardy. So it begs the question what their true motive really is. Those on the right are clearly more loyal to their party and those who look and think the same as they do, than they are loyal to the nation. Their excuses, blind eye and silence makes them terrorist sympathizers. In the case of actually cutting funds, terrorist enablers.

"The greatest tragedy is not the brutality of the evil people, but the silence of the good people."
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X