Is our most violent Summer beginning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is our most violent Summer beginning?

This clips shows how the Left has grown progressively more violent since last November.
    It shows how early incidents were applauded instead of rejected by the media and the Left as a whole, and thus became worse and more deadly until this week's shooting in D.C.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0f6tDoP5Fw

So, what can we look forward to in the weeks and months ahead as temperatures rise and tempers shorten?
    Have the first shots of the next Civil War already been fired?
    Peaceful, nothing will happen at all
    3.33%
    More of the same old thing, no biggie
    53.33%
    Somebody will die in front of the Cameras and that will end it right there.
    0.00%
    Another Kent State, and things will get worse and worse from there.
    6.67%
    Dozens will die, Hundreds will be maimed, Many Colleges won't open in Sept.
    6.67%
    Open warfare will start, perhaps on the 4th of July
    6.67%
    OTHER
    23.33%

The poll is expired.

Other - we will have violence, but it will continue to get worse each successive year until the problems are fixed or the government collapses.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Civil War and the Democratic Party gets raked over the coals.
      My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

I figure there'll be something like Kent State, except with fewer bodies and the police doing the shooting... Most likely "non-lethal" ammunition that isn't...

The Left won't stop, and the marches will get more frequent as Trump does "stuff" in office. Doesn't really matter what stuff either. He could socialize the medical system and the Left would find a reason to hate the guy for doing it. There's no rational logic behind the Left's blind hatred of Trump.

The press will keep up the barrage of negative articles on him. The witch hunt will continue unabated. Trump is easily the most reviled President in modern American history. Nixon wasn't this unpopular until Watergate broke open. Even LBJ got better press as the country descended into near civil war.

All anyone has to do is look at Leftist behavior around the world for the last century or so to see that they are the most violent mass movement in politics wherever they get a foothold.

So, I can see some mass protest on some campus with a huge Antifa, Resistance, Own XYZ, etc., mob present smashing stuff, setting fires, and what-not that ends with the police having to gas and rubber bullet the protesters. Then one or more of the protesters dies.
        Chicago 68 is a real possibility here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_Chicago_riots

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
          This clips shows how the Left has grown progressively more violent since last November.
          It shows how early incidents were applauded instead of rejected by the media and the Left as a whole, and thus became worse and more deadly until this week's shooting in D.C.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0f6tDoP5Fw

So, what can we look forward to in the weeks and months ahead as temperatures rise and tempers shorten?
          Have the first shots of the next Civil War already been fired?
          Civil war? Nah. Leftism has gone off the deep end but the violence is coming from 20something do nothings in packs who are mostly burning their own neighborhoods. Most lefties are like our resident Massenna. Lots of rhetoric but no violence. My town is nice and quiet. We'll see about Columbia though.

More violence than usual but I'm not seeing a splintering of the republic.
          A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Nixon and LBJ were both more mature, more presidential than Trump.

The violence will continue until they can make use of the internment camps they've been building.
            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
            - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Nice to know that the Right is doing what it does best: peddle fear.
              Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Here's hoping ...

... that humanity's cardinal virtues will prevail: prudence, justice, fortitude, and temperance.

"I am Groot"
                - Groot

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post

Nice to know that the Right is doing what it does best: peddle fear.
                  Isn't that the truth. We now have little Alex Jones' clones on this forum, peddling fear and preaching sedition.

I am so impressed.

And they do follow their idol, Trump, in repeatedly screwing up and showering insults upon those with whom they disagree, and blaming their targets for their insults and errors.

Typical of all those who support tyranny and project civil war and revolution.
                  We are not now that strength which in old days
                  Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                  Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                  To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
                    Civil war? Nah. Leftism has gone off the deep end but the violence is coming from 20something do nothings in packs who are mostly burning their own neighborhoods. Most lefties are like our resident Massenna. Lots of rhetoric but no violence. My town is nice and quiet. We'll see about Columbia though.

MISTAKE,!

Your mistaking Massenas anti-Trump stance as coming from a leftie. Do some research into pretrump post of Massenas and you'll see mostly all conservative pod.

Calls for conflict are mostly coming from the far right loons.
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post

My prediction is the cities will continue to devolve into centers of violence and riots and the country folk will be watchful and not allow the violence to spread to the rural areas.

Think of a bad Heinlein novel...
                      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

One could also argue that perhaps there is something else behind all this than simple "Trump and anti-Trump" politics. It could easily be said that it's the age old reason of not enough bread to go around.

There's a very large gap in job opportunities, wealth, etc etc between the last few generations and the baby boomers and such. Generally the previous well do generations tend to chalk this as everyone else just being lazy and losers. This cycle has repeated itself innumerable times throughout history, and it always results in a revolution and change of some sort. Not necessarily a violent or political one; just a change of how things work.

There's always have's and have-nots; the problems arise when the have not's start being people who should be the ones who have(or, young versus old), but aren't due to politics, corruption, and so forth. The ones who should have will always find a way, and if it wont be peaceful it will be a violent one.
                        Wisdom is personal

Comment

Same old summer, nowhere near as violent as the antiwar protests of the 60's. Maybe one or two local unrests, but that's it.

Comment

There's more than likely going to be much more increase in violence by lefties now that the baseball shooter broke the ice for the Left and with much of the media implying that this is acceptable because Trump is in power.
                            There's going to be interesting times for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceW View Post
                              There's more than likely going to be much more increase in violence by lefties now that the baseball shooter broke the ice for the Left and with much of the media implying that this is acceptable because Trump is in power.
                              There's going to be interesting times for awhile.
                              Sorry to hear that Canada is going to be having all those problems...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X