Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US to sell 36 F-15 to international financiers of Terror.....Yes it's true

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/33...st-of-blockade

Sec Def Mattis signs a 36 plane deal with Qatar worth $12 Billion. This is the same country that Saudi and other Gulf states declared was a financier of terror. President Trump jump on the band wagon with several comments:

“So good to see the Saudi Arabia visit with the King and 50 countries already paying off. They said they would take a hard line on funding …. extremism, and all reference was pointing to Qatar. Perhaps this will be the beginning of the end to the horror of terrorism!”
    And then followed it up with:

“The nation of Qatar has unfortunately been a funder of terrorism, and at a very high level,” he said. “I've decided, along with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, our great generals, and military people, the time has come to call on Qatar to end its funding.”
    So they support the bad guys, they're friendly with Iran and now we're selling the 36 F-15's......
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

I fully expect someone to claim that Trump just prevented Qatar spending $12 billion on terrorism by having them spend it on American jobs...

Comment

Twelve billion less for Qatar to spend on Russian weapons. It was a brilliant sanction against Russia. Putin and his pals are poorer. Russian workers go idle. Sheer brilliance........................
      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
        Twelve billion less for Qatar to spend on Russian weapons. It was a brilliant sanction against Russia. Putin and his pals are poorer. Russian workers go idle. Sheer brilliance........................
        I thought Trump was working for the Russians. He just double-crossed Putin...

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
          I thought Trump was working for the Russians. He just double-crossed Putin...
          See what watching too much TV will do to you?

I never saw a website where 80% of the stories are anti-Trump, but I guess that is K-Street for you. 96% of them voted against Trump, so...

I am astonished that Qatar had any money for this, after all their donations to the Clinton Foundation and to Hillary's campaign.
          Did they get a refund?

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
            I am astonished that Qatar had any money for this, after all their donations to the Clinton Foundation and to Hillary's campaign.
            Did they get a refund?
            One would think there would be calls to investigate why the former Secretary of State's foundation had been accepting funds from a terrorist state...

Comment

America first? No, business as usual. Supporting countries with ties to Islamic terror is part of our long-standing foreign policy. I'm not naive enough to think Trump is capable of changing that.
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
              - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                America first? No, business as usual. Supporting countries with ties to Islamic terror is part of our long-standing foreign policy. I'm not naive enough to think Trump is capable of changing that.
                As Lenin observed years ago, capitalists will sell to anyone and everyone - even those plotting their own destruction - as long as there are profits to be made.

Comment

Saudi Arabia is our allied, FDR gave them military aid, as has nearly every administration ever since.
                  The enemy of your enemy is your friend.
                  Saudi Arabia is as important to the Middle East as Israel and Egypt.
                  Just because Obama broke away tradition and cut back on support to Saudi Arabia doesn't mean there is a precedent to continue that mistake.
                  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c06d94621061
                  Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

One of my favorite stories of any presidential experience has to be that of the meeting between FDR and King Abdul bin Saudi.

http://www.ouramazingworld.org/uploa...ssue2_2005.pdf
                    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Business is business.

Pruitt
                      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                        So they support the bad guys, they're friendly with Iran and now we're selling the 36 F-15's......
                        Another TDS thread....

Learn what can and can not be sold; study the ITAR.

With the restrictions in place, it isn't like we are giving them pallets of money for them to sponsor terrorism.

ITAR. ITAR. ITAR.
                        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                          Saudi Arabia is our allied, FDR gave them military aid, as has nearly every administration ever since.
                          The enemy of your enemy is your friend.
                          Saudi Arabia is as important to the Middle East as Israel and Egypt.
                          Just because Obama broke away tradition and cut back on support to Saudi Arabia doesn't mean there is a precedent to continue that mistake.
                          https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c06d94621061
                          So you're saying we shouldn't have sold Qatar planes then? If you want to stand in alliance with SA, then we shouldn't be showing support to Qatar right now.
                          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                            I fully expect someone to claim that Trump just prevented Qatar spending $12 billion on terrorism by having them spend it on American jobs...
                            And spare parts and tech support to "keep 'em flying".

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                              And spare parts and tech support to "keep 'em flying".
                              Well, if that's a worthy argument, then why not open the door to massive arms deals with Iran. Think of it. Not just jobs, but with spare parts and tech support you would have leverage over Iranian foreign policy. Heck, sell weapons to North Korea too..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X