Feds expose F.G.M. in the US;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
    Kumbaya, it's all about diversity and being nonjudgmental.
    We must embrace other cultures
    And destroy our own in the name of progressive snowflake theology.

Anyone up for a good old fashion honor killing?
    Those are routine in these communities too.
    But, we can't force Christian values on these folks.....

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...merica/391760/
    Isn't FGM a crime in the USA?

Comment

Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
      It is not against the Qu'ran since it is not specifically referenced in the Qu'ran. Some scholars are speaking out against it but they are still a minority.

Speaking of the Qu'ran

But I was most interested in this statement

Apart from the false equivalency between the mutilation of little girls versus marriage rules, is your condemnation of FGM conditional or not? If it is not conditional on other issues then we are agreed.

On a completely unnecessary and irrelevant side issue, I agree that there shouldn't be marriage rules against interfaith marriage such as the kind we find in most Muslim majority countries oh yes and of course most important of all Israel
      Why the sarcasm....though I suppose at least its better then name calling or being rude so I appreciate that. I am showcasing a viewpoint that Islam does not condone FGM. And it was shown that leading Muslim scholars condemn FGM.

This is a part of the boogeyman mindset...blame every Jew for the few intolerant Jews of the Israeli government, blame all Muslims for the few intolerant tribal Muslim criminals who support FGM. Your right FGM is worse of an issue then is blocking interfaith marriage in terms of immediate physical pain...but long term each is very bad perhaps not equally bad but indeed very bad. I will be critical of any intolerant human regardless of how they look or what their religion is...and that includes being critical of the misleading brutal anti Islamic sources which have influenced you to use language blaming Islam on crimes which would be similar to myself citing David Duke as a legit source to blame "radical Judaism" on crimes. I recall you citing David Horowitz before, that would be like me citing David Duke. And no there is nothing irrelevant going on here friend we are having a conversation about human rights and dignity which applies to all men. And I refuse to allow a few intolerant religious men to define all religion. Unlike the sources that influence you to blame Islam, I am in fact calling out intolerant Jews(not the Israelite religion) where as your sources are blaming Islam.
      Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
      Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

I imagine that the anti Muslim sources have influenced folks to view FGM as an Islamic issue...the wrong approach just as it is wrong to say anti interfaith marriage is strictly a Judaic issue. I can not imagine just up and agreeing with some Rabbi who says yes go and attack the Palestinians, or tells their daughter dont you dare marry a non Jew or else you will be disowned. So why then would anyone agree with some demented Muslim man who says yes Islam approves of FGM?

Lynel Hutz show one Muslim majority government that supports FGM....I dont even think any do but if they did are they US allies...and if any Muslim government supports FGM then partially the blame is on other countries for not doing anything about it....If real men like Napoleon were around today they would liberate all the lands of our world who practice such criminal laws such as supporting FGM or supporting the blocking of interfaith marriage. This FGM issue is a part of the family issues of the world, it is indeed right inline with marriage issues affected by cultural traits...

When there are Muslim men and women saying FGM is not allowed in Islam, go to them and champion them...Especially when these Muslims cite Qur'anic reasoning to support the fact that Islam does not allow FGM. Not that it matter no man will ever defeat the Three religions of Abraham...men like Adolf Hitler tried to Hijack Christianity but was defeated...today we see ISIL like Muslims and anti Muslims trying to Hijack Islam.... What we see in parts of Africa(you wont find FGM in Muslim majority Albania) are Hitler like Muslims attempting to hijack Islam. To not give any credence or appreciation to the Muslims who have died fighting the ISIL mindset would be the most uneducated approach one can imagine.
        Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 16 Jun 17, 08:29.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by JFKvsNixon View Post
          FGM has been a crime reportedly since 1996 in the USA.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
            I agree, but I'm not even caring a whole lot at this point.

I want it to stop in America. I want it to be made known that it is a backwards and evil practice and I want this to be known all over the world... but mostly I just want it to be forbidden HERE.

We can use influence all over the world, but we can make it actionable here where we live.
            Today, in this century, when it matters.

FGM is a vindictive and hateful attempt to prevent women from enjoying sex. period.
            That is ALL it is.
            I suppose that some sort of Profit Motive must be invented for the Feminists to do anything about this, but it's late and I'm out of clever ideas just now.
            In the USA Some old white American male recently tortured and dismembered a young American lady and celebrated the crime in court....anyone, Muslim, white, black, Christian, Jewish who commits a crime must be held accountable...To blame Islam, all Christians, all blacks, all Jews on the crimes of a few is self defeating.

George S Patton

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgSe3mqdZqk

Last edited by The Exorcist; 16 Jun 17, 16:30.

Comment

Originally posted by JFKvsNixon View Post
                Sure, if it is reported by the parents, who are actually hiring this "doctor" to do the operation, or the medical staff in the hospital who fear being fired for speaking out about a "doctor".
                The hospital was aware of this for a long time, but management feared the attention it would bring.
                Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                  I imagine that the anti Muslim sources have influenced folks to view FGM as an Islamic issue...the wrong approach just as it is wrong to say anti interfaith marriage is strictly a Judaic issue. I can not imagine just up and agreeing with some Rabbi who says yes go and attack the Palestinians, or tells their daughter dont you dare marry a non Jew or else you will be disowned. So why then would anyone agree with some demented Muslim man who says yes Islam approves of FGM?

Lynel Hutz show one Muslim majority government that supports FGM....I dont even think any do but if they did are they US allies...and if any Muslim government supports FGM then partially the blame is on other countries for not doing anything about it....If real men like Napoleon were around today they would liberate all the lands of our world who practice such criminal laws such as supporting FGM or supporting the blocking of interfaith marriage. This FGM issue is a part of the family issues of the world, it is indeed right inline with marriage issues affected by cultural traits...

This will be my last post on this topic.

Why did the parents and possible the Mosque and others involved in the original story in the OP commit FGM? Is it just a mystery that they suddenly decide to harm this girl or were they motivated by specific ideas? If it is the latter what were those ideas?

First, there is a difference between
                  (1) Islam, a collection of ideas set out in the Qu'ran and Hadith, and as interpreted by Muslim scholars who are generally seen as credible interpreters of the faith in large sections of the global Muslim population, and
                  (2) Muslims, a diverse group of people who will have varying degrees of commitment to their faith and differences in the interpretation to Islam. For example, I have a close Muslim friend who drinks alcohol and eats bacon, but it can't be concluded the Islam approves of drinking alcohol and eating bacon.

I'm speaking about Islam. Not what a Muslim doctor, politician, social activist etc might think.

Islam today permits FGM. That can't be seriously debated even if some Muslims strongly oppose that interpretation. I have only given you a small sample of the possible references. Some schools of thought within Islam see it as mandatory, some see it as advisable but not required, and some as merely permissible. Fortunately, a large portion of Muslims fall into the latter two categories and more and more political and social leaders within the Muslim world are actively opposing it. Nonetheless, Islam as a collection of ideas permits FGM.

Comment

This will be my last post on this topic.
                    I can't blame you for that, I'd like to stop too. The subject is about as grim as it gets, thanks for adding what you have to the content here.

I'm speaking about Islam. Not what a Muslim doctor, politician, social activist etc might think.
                    Well, the two are interlinked; Islam tells Muslims what to think, and is both very persuasive and very demanding. Any normal human being tends to question such things, which is why even Saudi Arabia needs its Religious Police to beat (literally) their dogma into people's heads.

America should be the place where Muslims that want to question their own orthodoxy can thrive.
                    The long-overdue reformation of Islam should start HERE, and it should start NOW.

Islam today permits FGM. That can't be seriously debated even if some Muslims strongly oppose that interpretation. I have only given you a small sample of the possible references. Some schools of thought within Islam see it as mandatory, some see it as advisable but not required, and some as merely permissible. Fortunately, a large portion of Muslims fall into the latter two categories and more and more political and social leaders within the Muslim world are actively opposing it. Nonetheless, Islam as a collection of ideas permits FGM.
                    You nailed it.

To those three options should be added the fourth one; those who see FGM as a blight on their own reputations, another backwards practice that is nothing but pure evil at its roots, and one that needs to be eliminated even if that means a new interpretation of their holy texts.
                    A pretty big step, sure, but the longer it is put off the harder it becomes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X