Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comey's opening statement for tomorrow posted online (official)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massena View Post
    It was Comey's, not the government's document as he had written it himself as a memo to remember what the president had said in the meetings.

And when he gave the document to his friend at Columbia, Comey was a private citizen and no longer worked for the government.
    He may have messed up here, his notes breakdown to meeting minutes.

I know that we are not authorized to release meeting minutes until the government gives the okay.

Before you leave government service you sign a non disclosure agreement.
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

They were not meeting minutes-they were personal notes and not official documents.

Did you watch the hearing?
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

This is the most telling comment of all from the hearing:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cid=spartandhp
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
          If Comey wrote down the content of a conversation he had with Donald Trump, with the former acting in his capacity as FBI Director and the latter in his capacity as President, then I don't see how he has a leg to stand on. The memo made not be a "government document" but the content of the document would certainly stand as government property.
          Really?

Please demonstrate how personal notes can be considered government property. They were not taken at a meeting, they were not classified, and they were akin to a diary.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            If the memo was on letterhead paper, or done in the official FBI format, it was the government's. Hand written notes, are personal documents.
            If you actually watched the hearing, that's exactly what they were-personal documents.

Comment

If you actually watched the hearing, that's exactly what they were-personal documents.
              Then, they amount to personal anecdote and are really little better than his verbal testimony. That is, they hold no more weight than what he says. They aren't official documents or legally binding in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                Then, they amount to personal anecdote and are really little better than his verbal testimony. That is, they hold no more weight than what he says. They aren't official documents or legally binding in any way.
                Nope, sorry. Go back to the original articles published when they were leaked.
                “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                “To talk of many things:
                Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                And why the sea is boiling hot—
                And whether pigs have wings.”
                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Lots of attempted deflection and excuses flying around here. Funny as hell. Please continue.
                  “To talk of many things:
                  Of cabbages—and kings—
                  ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

What I got from it was Loretta Lynch hindered the investigation of the witch and stifled it. Much like Fast and Furious. Seems like the dems are so dirty that they figure everyone else is...
                    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

They were not meeting minutes-they were personal notes and not official documents.

Did you watch the hearing?
                      Like I said, he may have messed up. Every time we have a meeting that involves work, we have to document it in our weekly reports. The lead gov person decides what can officially go out and what needs to stay within house. Requirements/regulations could be different between the DOD and the rest of the government.....

I have only had a chance to watch short clips of the hearing. We've been playing Semper Gumby getting the Decision Tool Kits out. This week 2 battalions at CLNC are getting them. 2 weeks from now it happens at CPCA.....after that, every two weeks we do repeat missions until October.
                      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Trump fired him, what would you expect Comey to say?

To expect someone to be totally honest and unbiased about someone they have a grudge against is asking the impossible.

Comment

Worth repeating...

Comment

The most telling comment is when he said Lorreta Lynch told him to use the same language as the Democra campaign instead of investigation in Clinton email scandal. I wonder if Comey ran to his car and wrote that down immediately? Hmm?
                            “I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
                            --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Meanwhile on the 'Trump Front...'

Comment

Originally posted by Savez View Post
                                The most telling comment is when he said Lorreta Lynch told him to use the same language as the Democra campaign instead of investigation in Clinton email scandal. I wonder if Comey ran to his car and wrote that down immediately? Hmm?
                                He was not afraid that later on she would lie about it, fears that he had about President Trump, fears that have been demonstrated weekly by the President.
                                “To talk of many things:
                                Of cabbages—and kings—
                                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X