Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comey's opening statement for tomorrow posted online (official)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bill shack View Post
    I found that the person asking the question slanted the questions to their political bend, democrats to tarnish the president , republicans to defend him.
    No one was interested in finding the truth .
    american politics is no longer about what is good for the country but what is good for your side. So sad .
    Bingo!
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

More information on today's hearing:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cid=spartandhp
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by bill shack View Post
        I found that the person asking the question slanted the questions to their political bend, democrats to tarnish the president , republicans to defend him.
        No one was interested in finding the truth .
        american politics is no longer about what is good for the country but what is good for your side. So sad .
        Did you actually watch today's hearing?

There was little partisanship in the hearing today. Senator McCain did have an Alzheimer's moment, however.
        We are not now that strength which in old days
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
          In the Benghazi matter 4 people died.
          Those people were placed in harms way by the government.
          We knew who was involved in the decisions and what the harm was.
          Therefore, it was reasonable to investigate whether those decision makers knew or should have known that the risk to those 4 people was unreasonable.

When the government does things like that, there will be investigations.

In this case, we don't know the harm and we don't know the crime.
          But we do know there is no evidence of collusion.
          It is an investigation in search of justification for its existence
          The Russian government conducted influence operations against the US through various intelligence organs. Those actions need to be investigated.

I never saw so many people trying to stop the public from finding out about this.
          “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
          “To talk of many things:
          Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          And why the sea is boiling hot—
          And whether pigs have wings.”
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
            Am I understanding this correctly - Comey himself leaked information to the press?
            He told an associate to leak the memo he author. It was in no way classified nor did it contain classified information. Nothing wrong with it.
            “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
            “To talk of many things:
            Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
            Of cabbages—and kings—
            And why the sea is boiling hot—
            And whether pigs have wings.”
            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

More about Comey :

He made $ 6 million from Lockheed Martin ( a donor of the Clinton Foundation )

His brother worked for Procor Consulting who made $ millions while working on the FBI HQ and later worked for DLAP ,a donor of the Clinton Foundation and the Clinton Campaign .

Comment

If you strip away all the side issues the take home message from testimony was

Trump did try and stop the investigation of Flynn

when he was unable to make Comey drop the investigation he fired him.

between Trumps statements and Comey testimony you reach the more than likely standard but not the beyond a reasonable doubt

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                  Drudge?

Really? Talk about 'fake news.'
                  Guess the part about "various media links" is outside your grasp ...

SOAP OPERA: COMEY ADMITS ORCHESTRATING MEMO LEAK...
                  axios.com
                  Testifies Lynch pressured him on Clinton investigation...
                  dailycaller.com
                  RED MEAT FOR BOTH SIDES...
                  hosted.ap.org
                  PAPER: Disappointing the witch-hunters...
                  nypost.com
                  CHRIS MATTHEWS: 'COLLUSION' THEORY FELL APART...
                  washingtonexaminer.com
                  DEMS SHIFT FOCUS TO 'OBSTRUCTION'...
                  yahoo.com/news
                  McCain confusion...
                  nypost.com
                  COREY: IT WAS LOYALTY 'TO THE COUNTRY'...
                  dailymail.co.uk
                  DONALD JR LIVE TWEETS...
                  twitter.com
                  CNN, ABC issue corrections after statement contradicts reporting...
                  thehill.com/blogs
                  NYT Story Debunked...
                  cnsnews.com
                  DOW record high...
                  cnbc.com
                  AS THE COMEY TURNS
                  hosted.ap.org
                  'UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURES'
                  .usatoday.com

Anyone with a reasonable internet savvy would know the list was one that can be clicked on to go to the article and see the sources I've just shown under each.

So you are saying either Drudge made all these up or all these "various media sources" made up/faked their content ???
                  Or both ???

I've done this process a few times before and tried to explain "Drudge" to the ignorant but think we are seeing another dimension to the often accurate label of "Libtard".

You're doing an excellent job of undermining and degrading your credibility here.

TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                  “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
                  Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                    The Russian government conducted influence operations against the US through various intelligence organs. Those actions need to be investigated.

I never saw so many people trying to stop the public from finding out about this.
                    Who exactly is trying to stop the public from finding out about this? Did you miss where Congress was investigating that very thing? Or are you equating our mockery of your Russian collusion tin foil hat conspiracies with suppression?
                    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                      Indeed he did.

More and more, I have to ask; how did a schmuck like this get a job like Head of the FBI?
                      He was appointed by the same Fool that appointed Brennan, a guy with admitted communist leanings, to be the head of the CIA.
                      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Did you not listen?

It was Comey's personal document, not a government document. He could do what he wanted with it. And now the Special Counsel has all of the personal memos.
                        If Comey wrote down the content of a conversation he had with Donald Trump, with the former acting in his capacity as FBI Director and the latter in his capacity as President, then I don't see how he has a leg to stand on. The memo made not be a "government document" but the content of the document would certainly stand as government property.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
                          Who exactly is trying to stop the public from finding out about this? Did you miss where Congress was investigating that very thing? Or are you equating our mockery of your Russian collusion tin foil hat conspiracies with suppression?
                          Personally I think this election pushed many people over the edge into insanity. Just look at the Anti-fa loons. I think they didn't have much of a hold on their sanity but when hillary lost they just went insane.

Btw, I love your limericks... Those are pretty good.
                          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                            If Comey wrote down the content of a conversation he had with Donald Trump, with the former acting in his capacity as FBI Director and the latter in his capacity as President, then I don't see how he has a leg to stand on. The memo made not be a "government document" but the content of the document would certainly stand as government property.
                            But government property is not the same as classified material. A conversation between two government officials -- assuming that the issues in question are not classified -- is by default a matter of public record. The president's papers are the President's property, as established by Act of Congress. Therefore, Pres Trump's recording (if such actually exists) of his conversations with fmr Dir Comey are presidential property -- but Comey's memos of said conversations are Comey's property, not the President's. If the content of said conversations was classified, then all this is moot: then Comey should never write memos, personal journals, logs, diaries, etc, about any classified content, whether discussed with the President, or any other Federal official. Any all all commentary and/or records of classified content are to be made through approved US Gov't channels only.

Am I correct in assuming that there will be further hearings later on, behind closed doors, in order to addressed classified content?
                            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                              But government property is not the same as classified material. A conversation between two government officials -- assuming that the issues in question are not classified -- is by default a matter of public record. The president's papers are the President's property, as established by Act of Congress. Therefore, Pres Trump's recording (if such actually exists) of his conversations with fmr Dir Comey are presidential property -- but Comey's memos of said conversations are Comey's property, not the President's. If the content of said conversations was classified, then all this is moot: then Comey should never write memos, personal journals, logs, diaries, etc, about any classified content, whether discussed with the President, or any other Federal official. Any all all commentary and/or records of classified content are to be made through approved US Gov't channels only.

Am I correct in assuming that there will be further hearings later on, behind closed doors, in order to addressed classified content?
                              yeah there was

Comment

Did you not listen?

It was Comey's personal document, not a government document. He could do what he wanted with it. And now the Special Counsel has all of the personal memos.
                                If the memo was on letterhead paper, or done in the official FBI format, it was the government's. Hand written notes, are personal documents.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X