Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comey's opening statement for tomorrow posted online (official)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
    Well, if criminality is immaterial, then there is no point to any investigation whatsoever and the MSM has been lying to us for months.

The government should not be wasting time on investigations and testimony where criminality is "immaterial".
    It kind of sounds like the goal posts have moved because Comey isn't expected to say anything of value.
    I think he going to say enough that would get your fired if it was you were the one we were talking about.

comey is going to say the president ask for x and he did not get it. which is fine. by itself But then gets fired afterwards. In the Human resource world that a clear case of retaliation.

Comment

Hearing testimony.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...39295?lo=ap_a1

BURR: Do you have any doubt that Russia attempted to interfere in the 2016 elections?

COMEY: None.

BURR: Do you have any doubt that the Russian government was behind the intrusions in the D triple C systems and the subsequent leaks of that information?

COMEY: No, no doubt.

BURR: Do you have any doubt the Russian government was behind the cyber intrusion in the state voter files?

COMEY: No.

BURR: Are you confident that no votes cast in the 2016 presidential election were altered?

COMEY: I'm confident. When I left as director I had seen no indication of that whatsoever.
      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
      “To talk of many things:
      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      And why the sea is boiling hot—
      And whether pigs have wings.”
      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

From the link in my earlier transcript post.

BURR: Director, when the president requested that you, and I quote "Let Flynn go," General Flynn had an unreported contact with the Russians, which is an offense, and if press accounts are right, there might have been discrepancies between facts and his FBI testimony. In your estimation, was general Flynn at that time in serious legal jeopardy, and in addition to that, do you sense that the president was trying to obstruct justice or just seek for a way for Mike Flynn to save face, given that he had already been fired?

COMEY: General Flynn at that point in time was in legal jeopardy. There was an open FBI criminal investigation of his statements in connection with the Russian contacts, and the contacts themselves, and so that was my assessment at the time. I don't think it's for me to say whether the conversation I had with the president was an effort to obstruct. I took it as a very disturbing thing, very concerning, but that's a conclusion I'm sure the special counsel will work towards to try and understand what the intention was there, and whether that's an offense.
        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
        “To talk of many things:
        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        And why the sea is boiling hot—
        And whether pigs have wings.”
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

I watched quite a bit of it, and found Comey acting wooden and using the exact same expression over and over. very much like the Soviet "show trial" of Cardinal Mindszenty.
          In fact, not once did Comey actually say "yes" to any question. Instead, he replied in a double negative format.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Context from the past;

Comey said Loretta Lynch told him not to call the Clinton email probe an 'investigation'
            EXCERPT:
            June 8, 2017

For the first time, former FBI Director James Comey, who is testifying today before the Senate Intelligence Committee, said that President

Obama's Attorney General Loretta Lynch asked him to call the investigation into Hillary Clinton's email scandal a "matter" and not an "investigation."

Under questioning by panel chairman Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC), Comey said that he was uncomfortable with the unexpected meeting Lynch had with former President Bill Clinton on an airport tarmac last year.

Comey said that meeting convinced him that the independence of the investigation was tainted with regard to the Justice Department and led him to go public with the bureau's findings on Clinton.

When Comey testified on May 3 before the Senate Judiciary Committee, he was asked about the Lynch meeting.

He told lawmakers "a number of things had gone on which I can’t talk about yet, that made me worry that the department leadership could not credibly complete the investigation and decline prosecution without grievous damage to the American people’s confidence in the justice system.”
            http://circa.com/politics/comey-says...ton-email-case
            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
            “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
              You're mistaking the congressional investigations with the FBI investigations, they are not the same thing. Yes we want all the info that we can on Russian operations against our election process. Yes we want to know if the Presidents campaign had anything to do with it.

As to the sentence I bolded simple answer: Benghazi. Millions and millions spent by GOP controlled House and Senate committees. No protest from you are any on the Right.

In the Benghazi matter 4 people died.
              Those people were placed in harms way by the government.
              We knew who was involved in the decisions and what the harm was.
              Therefore, it was reasonable to investigate whether those decision makers knew or should have known that the risk to those 4 people was unreasonable.

When the government does things like that, there will be investigations.

In this case, we don't know the harm and we don't know the crime. But we do know there is no evidence of collusion.
              It is an investigation in search of justification for its existence
              Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                In this case, we don't know the harm and we don't know the crime. But we do know there is no evidence of collusion.
                It is an investigation in search of justification for its existence
                And, given Comey's testimony so far, there's near zero chance that anything is going to come to light that changes that.

Like I stated earlier Most overhyped snowstorm... EVER!

(Note: Snowstorms are made up of lots of angry snowflakes... hint, hint... )

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                  And, given Comey's testimony so far, there's near zero chance that anything is going to come to light that changes that.

Same old political theater!
                  Last edited by Trung Si; 08 Jun 17, 12:22.
                  Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I'm getting a chuckle out of this mess. Here we have Comey who straight out lied about his communist background during a polygraph and the left expects him to tell the truth???
                    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                      I'm getting a chuckle out of this mess. Here we have Comey who straight out lied about his communist background during a polygraph and the left expects him to tell the truth???
                      Say again? Got a source for that? Thank you in advance.
                      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                        Say again? Got a source for that? Thank you in advance.

My bad, it was John Brennan that did that.
                        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

This is all going to backfire on the democrats who most of the public will see as infantile losers.
                          We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Driven by very powerful blasts of nothing but air...
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                              The criminality is immaterial to this. No one really expects charges or impeachment, not rational people at least.

It's just one more reveal on President Trumps lack of character and demonstrates his lack of fitness for office. One more step in making him a lame duck in his first year in office.

And you know what some people do with" lame ducks"

Comment

Am I understanding this correctly - Comey himself leaked information to the press?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X