Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atnea Pulls out of Ohio Obamacare exchanges, tells us why.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Got news for you. The big insurers are losing their @$$es on Obamacare. They're pulling out all over the US...

http://thecourier.com/local-news/201...-of-obamacare/

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/h...nges.html?_r=0

http://www.omaha.com/livewellnebrask...8cfa15050.html

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2...s-by-2018.html

As much as a third of the US won't have ANY plan to choose from (that is ZERO PLANS) on the Obamacare marketplaces come 2018. The Republicans have to do nothing to let that happen, and have done nothing to make that happen. That is solely and totally the fault of the entirely Democrat sponsored and passed ACA bill. This is entirely the fault of Democrats.
    Wow! A whole line up of lame stream media links. What gives? I thought that LSM wasn't to be trusted.

Wait, I see it now. You'll link MSM when it backs your position.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
      Wow! A whole line up of lame stream media links. What gives? I thought that LSM wasn't to be trusted.

Wait, I see it now. You'll link MSM when it backs your position.
      In volume they can be reliable, if you make sure they're not quoting each other...

Comment

In volume they can be reliable, if you make sure they're not quoting each other...
        So in other words, it's just like I said. They're okay when they back your position but garbage when they don't.

Man, I love the Right's hypocrisy.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
          The difference between car insurance and health insurance is that, no matter how healthy you are when you're younger, as you age, you'll need it. With everyone paying the same, your premiums won't be going up when you're retired and can least afford it. You pay upfront when you're younger and are healthy and working and can afford it easier.
          Sorry, but I think you are a bit off here.

Insurance companies are constantly adjusting premiums to cover costs=pay-outs so historically they tend to rise. Most auto insurance premiums are only valid for a year and suject to increase, as are health insurance premiums so there is no "life-time" lock-in. Many "Blue Cross/Blue Shield" insurers are nominally "non-profit" but will still engage annual increases to assure that costs/outpays are covered by premium incomes.

Insurance is basically a betting pool where the majority of subscribers are trying to cover their backside in event of unexpected costs while insureres are trying to cover expected pay-outs. Usually a fine balance in need of annual adjustments. Between inflation and rising costs/pay-outs it's a near sure thing that insurance premiums will increase annually.

Whether talking life, liability, auto, medical coverage(health) or any other form of insurance, an industry standard is to base premium rates upon the risk matrix. The greater a "risk" the insured presents, the higher the premium they should pay since they present a more likely percentage of making a claim and having a pay-out. 50 year old male, non-drinker, non-smoker, exercises regularly and is within height to weight will pay less than 50 year old whom drinks too much, smokes, doesn't exercise, and is over-weight when it comes to mortality risk for life insurance and hence would usually pay a higher premium (as an example).

Same would/should apply when it comes to health/medical coverage insurance plans. When it doesn't you have a skewered and biased system in play and those whom are biased against can be expected to opt out. This is where ACA flunked.

The foundation of any insurance system is those whom have greater risk can be expected to pay greater premiums. When that is not in play you have a faulty and potential bankrupt system.

Comment

So in other words, it's just like I said. They're okay when they back your position but garbage when they don't.

Wrong... But, I'm way to tired and sore right now to argue about it.

Comment

Thanks for confirming you are on the Left side, but the Right has no monopoly on hypocrisy.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                Thanks for confirming you are on the Left side, but the Right has no monopoly on hypocrisy.
                I would've thought that my Leftist tendencies were made clear long ago.

But I don't use sources that I denigrate on a regular basis like the those on the Right do. All the whining about Lame Stream Media and yet you guys quote them on a regular basis. Shoot me in the head the next time I link Fox, Breitbart or Drudge. I don't do hypocrisy.

Comment

Wrong... But, I'm way to tired and sore right now to argue about it.
                  In other words, you can't.

Hypocrite thy name is TAG.

Comment

I would've thought that my Leftist tendencies were made clear long ago.

But I don't use sources that I denigrate on a regular basis like the those on the Right do. All the whining about Lame Stream Media and yet you guys quote them on a regular basis. Shoot me in the head the next time I link Fox, Breitbart or Drudge. I don't do hypocrisy.
                    Drudge isn't so much a source as a repository of Sources. Granted they may be selective in what they present, but I don't recall seeing anything there "authored" by "Drudge".

"Source Bias" seems to be more the default rejection mechanism of the Left leaners here. While many of us on the Right will point out the likely bias and leanings of 'Sources', we are able to apply proper G2 methods of data filtering without letting "source bias" blinder us.

I'll limit violence to response only, not pre-emptive (if avoidable), so no head shooting here. As for the hypocrisy ...

Comment

In other words, you can't.

Hypocrite thy name is TAG.
                      No, your irrelevant appeal to authority (or in this case arguing against it), coupled with tu Quoque (I know you are, what am I?) fallacy that amounts to ad hominem is meaningless.

That is, you are claiming that because I don't trust a particular source or sources, I can't quote or use them without being a hypocrite. That amounts to a massive logical fallacy that ends in an personal slight.

Your argument amounts to say Because I don't trust the New York Times or Washington Post, I can't quote either source. To do so makes me a hypocrite. That is clearly a fallacious and logical fallacy. I can quote both at my leisure.
                      Just because I generally don't trust either doesn't mean I never trust either. Your argument is simply a mess of logical fallacies generated to try and troll / discredit my position through what amounts to a personal insult.

Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 09 Jun 17, 21:35.

Comment

Sorry I hurt the snowflake's feelings.

In other words, you're a cherry picker.

Your credibility, such as it is, is now zero.

Comment

Sorry I hurt the snowflake's feelings.

In other words, you're a cherry picker.

Your credibility, such as it is, is now zero.
                          Only with an audience of 1...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X