Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispute erupts over House panel subpoenas for CIA, FBI

This should be interesting......

The former officials named in the subpoenas were Obama national security adviser Susan Rice, former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power and former CIA Director John Brennan.

"Subpoenas related to the 'unmasking' issue would have been sent by Chairman Nunes acting separately from the committee's Russia investigation. This action would have been taken without the minority's (Democrats') agreement," said a senior committee aide, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Another congressional source, who also requested anonymity, said Democrats were "informed and consulted" before the subpoenas were issued.

The CIA declined to comment on the subpoenas and the Federal Bureau of Investigation and NSA did not immediate respond to requests for comment.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN18R33X
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

It's going to get interesting.
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

I hate to tell some peeps round here so, but...

Aw Hell...

I Told Ya So!

It's just gittin started!

And none to soon, at that!

I figgered maybe 2018, 2019 at he outset...

Crucify them all for rampaging over our Constitutional Rights as though they know better!

It's, by far, the absolute biggest felonious crime against We The People of the last few years!

No, Really!

Just Sayin!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Rep Nunes is trying to save face from his embarrassing performance directing the actual Russia investigation. It will be a snoozer...
        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
        “To talk of many things:
        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        And why the sea is boiling hot—
        And whether pigs have wings.”
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Even though Nunes did not permanently step down from his chairmanship, and the committee chairman can issue subpoena's, he has to do it by at least consulting with the opposition on the committee. He didn't do that, so once again he stepped on it.

He's nothing but a party hack and a puppet of the current administration and he is only doing this to cloud the issue at hand.

Either he has no idea what he's doing or he is doing merely to help the administration, and that isn't his job or duty. His duty is to his constituents, the nation, and the Constitution and I don't see where he is fulfilling his sworn duty.

I wonder if he actually understands what unmasking is and who can do it?

It cannot be done unilaterally by anyone. Authorization has to be given by the issuing authority or agency, as they would be the ones who masked the individuals in the first place.
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
            I hate to tell some peeps round here so, but...

Aw Hell...

I Told Ya So!

It's just gittin started!

And none to soon, at that!

I figgered maybe 2018, 2019 at he outset...

Crucify them all for rampaging over our Constitutional Rights as though they know better!

It's, by far, the absolute biggest felonious crime against We The People of the last few years!

No, Really!

Just Sayin!

There will always be deniers...see a perfect example above.
            "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

I still stand by my statement. The Democrats will rue the day they demanded special investigations.

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                It's going to get interesting.
                Naw, just more Theater!
                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                  Naw, just more Theater!
                  microphones and a cameras will instantly turn elected officials into stampeding puppets
                  Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                  Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                    Rep Nunes is trying to save face from his embarrassing performance directing the actual Russia investigation. It will be a snoozer...
                    I not so sure... Susan Rice might get interesting. The way the MSM and Democrats put a lid on her exposure last time was astoundingly fast and thorough. That could well be an indication she's a hot potato and potentially dangerous to others in terms of what she knows or did.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      I not so sure... Susan Rice might get interesting. The way the MSM and Democrats put a lid on her exposure last time was astoundingly fast and thorough. That could well be an indication she's a hot potato and potentially dangerous to others in terms of what she knows or did.

Which is why she will take the fifth or fallback on that Hillary favorite “I don’t Recall”.
                      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

More interestingly, the "dispute" is because Obama administration officials are now being drug into the inquisition. The Democrats only expected and wanted Trump administration officials...

Think about it...

Comment

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X