NATO funding thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
    On the last point most NATO countries use US built fighter aircraft, even the UK will be once the F35b is operational. Think the only ones that won't use a significant number of US combat aircraft will be France and Germany.
    So does Australia -plus Maritime aircraft, Transport aircraft, Abrams MBTs, and a spectrum of weapons across the board.
    BTW that's not a complaint: 2% of GDP is quite a reasonable target in my opinion, but it's a fact that it's US industry- and the US economy -benefits greatly from greater military expenditure.
    Last edited by BELGRAVE; 28 May 17, 21:58.
    "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
    Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
      Embarrassing..... Simply embarrassing.

'
      Have you seen your own Avatar lately?

Seriously ...
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
        On the last point most NATO countries use US built fighter aircraft, even the UK will be once the F35b is operational. Think the only ones that won't use a significant number of US combat aircraft will be France and Germany.
        To be honest i really can't figure out why unless the F-35 ends up being cheaper than the alternatives. Didn't Israelis already state that they believe the stealth of F-35 will be obsolete in just 5 to 10 years. Which is about the time before the aircraft gets delivered to potential users.

However the point was that European states have been rather serious about creating European systems instead of relying on US products. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...ce_procurement So expecting there to be a windfall for US military industries can end up being a pipe dream.
        It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
          Have you seen your own Avatar lately?

Seriously ...
          He din't : he uses horse glasses who indicate the direction : to the left forward .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X