Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Mizzou" circling the drain, thank SJWs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Mizzou" circling the drain, thank SJWs

    In 2015 and 2016, when the administration at the University of Missouri cravenly caved to the insane demands of black "student" mobs and their groupies, infamous harpy Melissa Clicks prominent among them, it brought about an instant implosion of such reputation as it had.

    University President Wolfe and Chancellor Loftin groveled and whimpered in tearful supplication, and all but put on a minstrel show in solidarity, but Black Lives Matter demanded their resignations and got them, proving they and not the board controls MU. But there was a price this time.

    Enrollment has dropped 35 per cent, college sporting events are thinly attended, donations are drying up and bequests are being withdrawn, several dorms have been mothballed, off-campus rentals are going vacant, and small businesses catering to students are going broke.

    Well done!


    Mizzou Misery: Exclusive Emails Reveal The Brutal Backlash
    https://heatst.com/culture-wars/insi...out-at-mizzou/

    Fun reading that site, and more - As Mizzou Enrollment Plummets, Landlords Offer $1,000 Gift Cards, Big Rent Reductions to Lure Students
    https://heatst.com/culture-wars/as-m...lure-students/


    Do you think that other Colleges are capable of learning anything from this?


    "Why is the Rum gone?"

    -Captain Jack

  • #2
    Their sporting events are poorly attended recently because they've sucked really badly recently. Nobody wants to watch a team lose most of their games.
    First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
      Their sporting events are poorly attended recently because they've sucked really badly recently. Nobody wants to watch a team lose most of their games.
      Well, that's bound to get worse as their selection of athletes drops. With less alum funding for sports their programs will crash and burn. Then, the icing on the cake would be for the students, or a student, to sue over Title IX sports programs and force the university to fund ones nobody watches or would pay to watch.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        Well, that's bound to get worse as their selection of athletes drops. With less alum funding for sports their programs will crash and burn. Then, the icing on the cake would be for the students, or a student, to sue over Title IX sports programs and force the university to fund ones nobody watches or would pay to watch.
        Actually the opposite happened. Their recruiting landed some of the best basketball players in the nation for this offseason according to rankings, that should bring about success and higher attendance.
        First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

        Comment


        • #5
          Nope, get a load of this...

          Evergreen State College students have berated a professor and called for his resignation after he objected to an event where white students were asked to leave the campus for a day.
          Bret Weinstein, a biology professor at the university, sent out an email criticizing the purpose of this year’s “Day Of Absence” event where, unlike in the past, white students and faculty members were asked to leave campus to give space to people of color.
          Traditionally, the annual event is characterized by people of color leaving the campus to show their contribution to the campus, while white students and faculty members are attending anti-racism workshops.
          “There is a huge difference between a group or coalition deciding to voluntarily absent themselves from a shared space in order to highlight their vital and under appreciated roles … and a group or coalition encouraging another group to go away,” Weinstein wrote in the email.
          “I would encourage others to put phenotype aside and reject this new formulation … On a college campus, one’s right to speak—or to be—must never be based on skin color.”

          Weinstein’s email prompted a mob of students to confront the professor in person and accuse him of racism, call for his resignation or be fired.
          A video of the incident, recorded by one of the student protesters was posted on social media, showing Weinstein trying to discuss the issues with the student—only to be shouted down and cursed at him, all while demanding resignation.
          “There’s a difference between debate and dialectic,” the professor told students.
          “Debate means you are trying to win, dialectic means you are using disagreement to discover what is true. I am not interested in debate. I am only interested in dialectic, which does mean I listen to you, and you listen to me.”
          A student shouted at Weinstein: “We don’t care what terms you want to speak on. This is not about you. We are not speaking on terms—on terms of white privilege. This is not a discussion. You have lost that one.”
          Another student accused the professor of making racist comments, demanding he apologize, to which Weinstein replied: “I did not.”
          The confrontation continued and one Evergreen student asked the biology professor whether he believes that “black students in sciences are targeted.”
          “I do not believe that anybody on our faculty, with intent, specially targets students of color,” he replied—sparking shrieking outrage from the student protesters.
          The professor tried to reason with the students, claiming discussion can bring positive change. “Listen to me … Yes, I know, history could pivot in the direction of the values that you are standing here for,” prompting a student to interrupt him, saying “Yeah, resign.”
          “I’m not resigning,” the professor fired back.


          More here.


          https://heatst.com/culture-wars/stud...ay-of-absence/




          And some parents firing back at the wackos in charge in San Diego.


          SAN DIEGO (AP) — Six parents have sued the San Diego school district, alleging that its anti-Islamophobia campaign favors Islam over other religions and grants special protections to Muslim students.
          Charles LiMandri, an attorney for the parents, called the campaign a “politically correct solution to a problem that does not exist.”
          The plan drew little attention when the board approved it 4-0 on April 4, with one member absent. Public comments from staff and community members were uniformly positive. Pushback gradually spread in conservative media and on social media, with many critics calling it an unwanted intrusion of Muslim beliefs and culture.
          The San Diego Unified School District said Thursday that it does not comment on pending litigation but district officials have vigorously defended the plan in recent weeks, saying bullying of Muslim students was pervasive and vastly underreported. As criticism mounted, the district posted extensive explanations on its website, saying it wasn’t endorsing Islam and that its initiative responded to community concerns expressed last summer about the safety of Muslim students.
          The multiyear plan includes ensuring staff calendars include Muslim holidays, reviewing library materials on Muslim culture, providing resources to teachers and engaging in partnerships with the Council on American Islamic Relations.
          The district also plans to consider high school clubs that promote American Muslim culture, create “safe spaces” for students and train staff about Muslim culture. The district is reviewing internal staff calendars to make sure Muslim holidays are recognized.
          A letter outlining the plans was expected to be sent to staff and parents of the district’s 132,000 students before the school year ends.
          The lawsuit, filed Tuesday in federal court, says the policy violates the U.S. Constitution by endorsing a religion. It asks a judge to immediately halt the policy while the merits of the claim are considered.
          LiMandri said he was open to settlement talks and that an attorney for the school district appeared open to revisiting its partnership with the Council on American-Islamic Relations.
          “No one is saying we have to have expensive, protracted litigation,” LiMandri said at a news conference Thursday. “There can be a more commonsense approach to this where all students can be protected and no students are being favored to the disadvantage of anyone else.”
          Hanif Mohebi, executive director of Council on American-Islamic Relations’ San Diego chapter, said the lawsuit “seems to be an attempt to have the courts enforce growing Islamophobia in our state and nation, and to strip away much-needed protection for Muslim students who face increasing bullying.”


          https://apnews.com/9fc5ea9ed3ee45df9...hobia-campaign
          Credo quia absurdum.


          Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

          Comment


          • #6
            It ain't just this damned place -

            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3SdJhJ2lps


            "Why is the Rum gone?"

            -Captain Jack

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
              Actually the opposite happened. Their recruiting landed some of the best basketball players in the nation for this offseason according to rankings, that should bring about success and higher attendance.
              yes they deserved it for caving in, as original post states...total BS in that
              ..that's like blackmail..their teams sucked big time

              ''should''..this has been said many times for many teams--and then the teams don't do much at all...we shall see
              they used to be 'competitive' in the 70s

              college students think they can change the world and will protest for anything and everything--they've been doing that for ages

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                Nope, get a load of this...

                Evergreen State College students have berated a professor and called for his resignation after he objected to an event where white students were asked to leave the campus for a day.
                Bret Weinstein, a biology professor at the university, sent out an email criticizing the purpose of this year’s “Day Of Absence” event where, unlike in the past, white students and faculty members were asked to leave campus to give space to people of color.
                Traditionally, the annual event is characterized by people of color leaving the campus to show their contribution to the campus, while white students and faculty members are attending anti-racism workshops.
                “There is a huge difference between a group or coalition deciding to voluntarily absent themselves from a shared space in order to highlight their vital and under appreciated roles … and a group or coalition encouraging another group to go away,” Weinstein wrote in the email.
                “I would encourage others to put phenotype aside and reject this new formulation … On a college campus, one’s right to speak—or to be—must never be based on skin color.”

                Weinstein’s email prompted a mob of students to confront the professor in person and accuse him of racism, call for his resignation or be fired.
                A video of the incident, recorded by one of the student protesters was posted on social media, showing Weinstein trying to discuss the issues with the student—only to be shouted down and cursed at him, all while demanding resignation.
                “There’s a difference between debate and dialectic,” the professor told students.
                “Debate means you are trying to win, dialectic means you are using disagreement to discover what is true. I am not interested in debate. I am only interested in dialectic, which does mean I listen to you, and you listen to me.”
                A student shouted at Weinstein: “We don’t care what terms you want to speak on. This is not about you. We are not speaking on terms—on terms of white privilege. This is not a discussion. You have lost that one.”
                Another student accused the professor of making racist comments, demanding he apologize, to which Weinstein replied: “I did not.”
                The confrontation continued and one Evergreen student asked the biology professor whether he believes that “black students in sciences are targeted.”
                “I do not believe that anybody on our faculty, with intent, specially targets students of color,” he replied—sparking shrieking outrage from the student protesters.


                More here.


                https://heatst.com/culture-wars/stud...ay-of-absence/




                And some parents firing back at the wackos in charge in San Diego.


                SAN DIEGO (AP) — Six parents have sued the San Diego school district, alleging that its anti-Islamophobia campaign favors Islam over other religions and grants special protections to Muslim students.
                Charles LiMandri, an attorney for the parents, called the campaign a “politically correct solution to a problem that does not exist.”
                The plan drew little attention when the board approved it 4-0 on April 4, with one member absent. Public comments from staff and community members were uniformly positive. Pushback gradually spread in conservative media and on social media, with many critics calling it an unwanted intrusion of Muslim beliefs and culture.
                The San Diego Unified School District said Thursday that it does not comment on pending litigation but district officials have vigorously defended the plan in recent weeks, saying bullying of Muslim students was pervasive and vastly underreported. As criticism mounted, the district posted extensive explanations on its website, saying it wasn’t endorsing Islam and that its initiative responded to community concerns expressed last summer about the safety of Muslim students.
                The multiyear plan includes ensuring staff calendars include Muslim holidays, reviewing library materials on Muslim culture, providing resources to teachers and engaging in partnerships with the Council on American Islamic Relations.
                The district also plans to consider high school clubs that promote American Muslim culture, create “safe spaces” for students and train staff about Muslim culture. The district is reviewing internal staff calendars to make sure Muslim holidays are recognized.
                A letter outlining the plans was expected to be sent to staff and parents of the district’s 132,000 students before the school year ends.
                The lawsuit, filed Tuesday in federal court, says the policy violates the U.S. Constitution by endorsing a religion. It asks a judge to immediately halt the policy while the merits of the claim are considered.
                LiMandri said he was open to settlement talks and that an attorney for the school district appeared open to revisiting its partnership with the Council on American-Islamic Relations.



                https://apnews.com/9fc5ea9ed3ee45df9...hobia-campaign
                and it's not even major headlines in a lot of news sites
                they only want to put out anti-''right'' stories

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                  In 2015 and 2016, when the administration at the University of Missouri cravenly caved to the insane demands of black "student" mobs and their groupies, infamous harpy Melissa Clicks prominent among them, it brought about an instant implosion of such reputation as it had.

                  University President Wolfe and Chancellor Loftin groveled and whimpered in tearful supplication, and all but put on a minstrel show in solidarity, but Black Lives Matter demanded their resignations and got them, proving they and not the board controls MU. But there was a price this time.

                  Enrollment has dropped 35 per cent, college sporting events are thinly attended, donations are drying up and bequests are being withdrawn, several dorms have been mothballed, off-campus rentals are going vacant, and small businesses catering to students are going broke.

                  Well done!


                  Mizzou Misery: Exclusive Emails Reveal The Brutal Backlash
                  https://heatst.com/culture-wars/insi...out-at-mizzou/

                  Fun reading that site, and more - As Mizzou Enrollment Plummets, Landlords Offer $1,000 Gift Cards, Big Rent Reductions to Lure Students
                  https://heatst.com/culture-wars/as-m...lure-students/


                  Do you think that other Colleges are capable of learning anything from this?


                  but, but...BLM.

                  I hope colleges across the country learn something from this.
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                  Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                  you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                    In 2015 and 2016, when the administration at the University of Missouri cravenly caved to the insane demands of black "student" mobs and their groupies, infamous harpy Melissa Clicks prominent among them, it brought about an instant implosion of such reputation as it had.

                    University President Wolfe and Chancellor Loftin groveled and whimpered in tearful supplication, and all but put on a minstrel show in solidarity, but Black Lives Matter demanded their resignations and got them, proving they and not the board controls MU. But there was a price this time.

                    Enrollment has dropped 35 per cent, college sporting events are thinly attended, donations are drying up and bequests are being withdrawn, several dorms have been mothballed, off-campus rentals are going vacant, and small businesses catering to students are going broke.

                    Well done!


                    Mizzou Misery: Exclusive Emails Reveal The Brutal Backlash
                    https://heatst.com/culture-wars/insi...out-at-mizzou/

                    Fun reading that site, and more - As Mizzou Enrollment Plummets, Landlords Offer $1,000 Gift Cards, Big Rent Reductions to Lure Students
                    https://heatst.com/culture-wars/as-m...lure-students/


                    Do you think that other Colleges are capable of learning anything from this?


                    Capable of learning - maybe, but capable of doing things differently...doubtful.

                    Liberalism and pandering are the two cornerstones of modern college education.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
                      Actually the opposite happened. Their recruiting landed some of the best basketball players in the nation for this offseason according to rankings, that should bring about success and higher attendance.
                      Higher attendance from whom? High attendance results from a maximum of students and alumni attending, and these policies limit such attendance to essentially a single group.

                      Of course they recruited some good players, who undoubtedly want to become the local gods on campus, but that goes nowhere when it comes to solving the essential problems.

                      And all of this makes a complete mockery of any claim to "equal rights".
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It gets worse -

                        Piper Harron, a temporary assistant professor of the University of Hawaii at Manoa—I'd never heard of it either—has some thoughts on how universities can improve society. This is from her essay posted at the American Mathematical Society website:

                        What can universities do? Stop hiring white cis (sic) men until the problem goes away. If you think this is a bad or un-serious idea, your sexism/racism/transphobia is showing.

                        If you are on a hiring committee, and you are looking at applicants and you see a stellar white male applicant, think long and hard about whether your department needs another white man. ... When you hire a non-marginalized person, you are not just supporting this one applicant whom you like, you are rewarding a person who has been rewarded his whole life. You are justifying the system that makes his application look so good. You are not innocent.
                        It's like a '30s Goebbels rant about not hiring Jews for the physics department. Our competitors in this world are laughing their butts off .

                        If you believe Piper Harron's rant is a one-off, you'd be wrong. Campus Reform reports:
                        "Teach for America and EdX are partnering to provide a training course for middle-school math teachers on how to incorporate social justice into their curricula... To remedy math's contribution to oppression, teachers are thus encouraged to think of ways that math can be used to advocate for marginalized populations."
                        http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9187
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

                        -Captain Jack

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The big question is how to turn this around, they are literately poisoning the minds of the youth, I'm just glad I don't have to depend on Social Security for my retirement because I just can't see it being viable in the upcoming decades...
                          Credo quia absurdum.


                          Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm glad somebody asked!

                            Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                            The big question is how to turn this around, they are literately poisoning the minds of the youth, I'm just glad I don't have to depend on Social Security for my retirement because I just can't see it being viable in the upcoming decades...
                            Give them something positive to believe in, starting with their country and themselves.

                            Students would scorn free speech less if colleges honored their mission to transmit knowledge. The most urgent task of any college is the transmission of knowledge, pure and simple. American students arrive at college knowing almost nothing about history, literature, art, or philosophy. Before you can challenge a received narrative about the past, you should be expert in its established contours. The past is filled with accomplishments that are not “narratives” or not “false” in the sense intended by the phrase “false narratives.” While defenders of the open university rightly fight for free speech, they should not lose sight of the knowledge that is the university’s core mission to transmit.
                            https://www.city-journal.org/html/tr...ity-15134.html


                            Also see this essay by Francis Porretto at Liberty's Torch, Correcting The Histories
                            http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com...histories.html
                            "Why is the Rum gone?"

                            -Captain Jack

                            Comment

                            Latest Topics

                            Collapse

                            Working...
                            X