No announcement yet.

Republican Candidate Assaults Reporter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a misdemeanor. He shouldn't be allowed to assume his office. If nothing else, he's a bad example of what should be in Congress.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Yes : you are right : the democratic activist /agitprop is guilty of misdemeanour.

He is lucky that he did not break into my house . I have no patience with criminals .

Comment

Montana Republican Greg Gianforte was projected to win the state's seat in the US House of Representatives on Thursday night, according to The Associated Press and other media outlets. You can see a tally of the results below, via Decision Desk HQ, which also projected Gianforte as the winner:

In his victory speech, Gianforte offered an apology to the reporter he was accused of assaulting the day before. Scattered cheers could be heard in the crowd as Gianforte motioned for them not to applaud.
        "I should not have responded the way I did. I should not have treated that reporter that way, and for that I am sorry, Mr. Ben Jacobs," Gianforte said, referring to The Guardian reporter who said Gianforte "body-slammed" him during a campaign event the day before.

http://www.businessinsider.com/who-w...b-quist-2017-5
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
          It's a misdemeanor. He shouldn't be allowed to assume his office. If nothing else, he's a bad example of what should be in Congress.
          If he were a Democrat, he could become a senator ...
          AL FRANKEN KNOCKS DOWN DEAN HECKLER

EXCERPT:
          EXETER, N.H. – Wise-cracking funnyman Al Franken yesterday body-slammed a demonstrator to the ground after the man tried to shout down Gov. Howard Dean.
          The tussle left Franken’s trademark thick-rim glasses broken, but he said he was not injured.
          Franken – who seemed in a state of shock and out of breath after the incident – was helped back to his feet by several people who watched the tussle. Police arrived soon after.
          “I got down low and took his legs out,” said Franken afterwards.
          Franken said he’s not backing Dean but merely wanted to protect the right of people to speak freely. “I would have done it if he was a Dean supporter at a Kerry rally,” he said.
          “I’m neutral in this race but I’m for freedom of speech, which means people should be able to assemble and speak without being shouted down.”

http://nypost.com/2004/01/27/al-fran...-dean-heckler/

Another source that is supportive of Franken's physical assault to enforce free speech;
          http://www.salon.com/2004/01/27/franken_13/

Will be interesting to see how the irony and precedent is treated by the Left Loonies here.
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
            Jacobs is a democratic activist who invaded the office of a GOP candidate for Congress and refused to leave .He looked for trouble, he got what he deserved . No one is above the law : you do not enter someone's house without his permission .
            So why isn't the sleazy Reporter being charged with Trespassing?

Would that make him even more of a martyr, in the eyes of the demented Lemmings that follow his ideology?
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cid=spartandhp
              We are not now that strength which in old days
              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
              Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
              To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                Where did you get your mis education?
                If you read even the Spark Notes version of Das Kapital you'll see that isn't what he said.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                  So why isn't the sleazy Reporter being charged with Trespassing?

Would that make him even more of a martyr, in the eyes of the demented Lemmings that follow his ideology?
                  I am certain that the Rinos intervened .

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                    Why? Lots of Congress critters have them... They even get them while in office...

We could start with DUI's

http://www.stopthemaddness.org/pols.html

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...26022087_x.htm

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-...-FBI-DEA-sting

Aside from that, until he's tried and convicted it's only a charge. You seem to have made yourself judge and jury here.

As for "bad example?" HAHAHAHAHAHA! Are you F***ing kidding me? He's got nothing on the major criminal aholes that have populated Congress in the past.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...cted_of_crimes

This particular Congressional scandal of the Clinton era is one of my favorites. Talk about utter contempt for the law, the people, you-name-it. These guys deserved far worse than they got.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_banking_scandal

Come on... Congressmen that had kited hundreds of checks that bounced off a bank for as much as years, and still were doing it? If you or I did that we'd go to prison and do major time for bank fraud and everything else.

Of course, as usual, it was mostly Democrats doing the dirty...

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_...olice_incident
                      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

More a case of the GOP inherits what the Democrats have wrought. Already mentioned the case of Al Franken, before he became a Senator, in 2004 and his blindside bodyslam/tackle of a protester, here's another and more recent assault by a Democrat office holder;
                        FLASHBACK: Democratic Congressman Attacked Student Journalist ... And Democrats Defended It!

EXCERPT:
                        While the media provide wall-to-wall coverage of Montana Congressional candidate Greg Gianforte’s alleged assault on a reporter from the Guardian — while Republicans across Congress are being asked to condemn Gianforte — it’s worthwhile to remember that the media never hold Democrats to the same standard.

Way back in June 2010, North Carolina Congressman Bob Etheridge, a seven-term elected Democrat, was asked by a student reporter if he supported the “Obama agenda.” Etheridge promptly attempted to grab the reporter’s cell phone camera, then grab the reporter’s wrist, demanding, “Who are you! Tell me who you are… I have a right to know who you are!” One of the student’s friends, who caught the incident on camera, said, “We’re just here for a project.” When the student in Etheridge’s grip asked to be released, Etheridge instead grabbed him by the neck.
                        http://www.dailywire.com/news/16876/...campaign=three

Can we say double standard, maybe hypocrisy ???
                        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

And now a question from a Progressive Leftist reporter...

Comment

I don't care who ya are, ya don't go uninvited into a private office & expect to trample somebodies civil rights on demand - it's plainly just WRONG!

Not to mention Illegal!

If any media barges into my office & starts crap like this I'd physically call the fuzz & then remove their arse meself, informing them once the law arrives that they're damned lucky they didn't get a sinus checkup by Dr Colt.

They don't even have to be media!

Anybody in the real world that don't like it can stick it where the sun don't shine!

I don't need to defend the new Congress Critter, he done that hisself, though the idjut shoulda called the law just before he cleared his personal space.

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

It's illegal to physically assault someone in front of witnesses because they're asking you questions you don't care to answer.

The witnesses, Fox News employees, stated that Gianforte told the man he would get to his questions later, then stated his press guy would meet with him, and then he attacked him. Those comments were not indicative of any sort of criminal trespassing whatsoever. They show he simply didn't want to talk to him personally, but acknowledged his right to be there.

Further attempts to defend a clear cut assault witnessed by several neutral people caused by anger issues are just a reflection of the character of the defender.
                              First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

It's trespassing to enter into any persons private office uninvited & to remain when told to leave > 1st & foremost!

Nobody has any legal right to trespass & accost somebody like this in their own office

If somebody trespasses on my property, they won't be happy about it long unless they leave while they're still breathing & that IS the law, too!

Montana is little different than Texas in that regard.

I couldn't give a rip for either of them, but the fact remains, the 1st idjut was criminally trespassing from the start & the 2nd idjut didn't drop the 1st fools well weathered citizens arrested punk arse at the laws feet & file charges 1st.

In that this was about politics, both idjuts can wear it all as they left it.

Save your line of 'who's excusin who', mate couldn't care even slightly less...

IOW, sux to get your arse beat for invading the privacy of another on their own turf & it sux to be a politician with a freely invited TV crew there & then not finish the ordeal proper.

Dumbasses > both of them!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X