What if Chump is *really* losing it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Chump is *really* losing it?

It's actually quite possible that the Predator-in-chief is showing early signs of dementia...

From https://www.statnews.com/2017/05/23/...le-interviews/

Trump wasn’t always so linguistically challenged. What could explain the change?

It was the kind of utterance that makes professional transcribers question their career choice:

“ … there is no collusion between certainly myself and my campaign, but I can always speak for myself — and the Russians, zero.”

When President Trump offered that response to a question at a press conference last week, it was the latest example of his tortured syntax, mid-thought changes of subject, and apparent trouble formulating complete sentences, let alone a coherent paragraph, in unscripted speech.

He was not always so linguistically challenged.

STAT reviewed decades of Trump’s on-air interviews and compared them to Q&A sessions since his inauguration. The differences are striking and unmistakable.

Research has shown that changes in speaking style can result from cognitive decline. STAT therefore asked experts in neurolinguistics and cognitive assessment, as well as psychologists and psychiatrists, to compare Trump’s speech from decades ago to that in 2017; they all agreed there had been a deterioration, and some said it could reflect changes in the health of Trump’s brain.
    He really ought to be tested.

Edit: fix his "title."
    "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."
    -The President of the United States of America.

Originally posted by armor11 View Post
    It's actually quite possible that the Predator elect is showing early signs of dementia...

From https://www.statnews.com/2017/05/23/...le-interviews/

Trump wasn’t always so linguistically challenged. What could explain the change?

He really ought to be tested.
    I don’t know he sounds more intelligible than O’Bama whenever he went off teleprompter.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

SNOWFLAKE ALERT!!
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Analyze this...

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
          I don’t know he sounds more intelligible than O’Bama whenever he went off teleprompter.
          Well, here is an example with no teleprompter:

From http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7751841.html

What Obama wrote on the Westwall:

I am grateful to Yad Vashem and all of those responsible for this remarkable institution,” Mr Obama wrote. “At a time of great peril and promise, war and strife, we are blessed to have such a powerful reminder of man’s potential for great evil, but also our capacity to rise up from tragedy and remake our world. Let our children come here, and know this history, so that they can add their voices to proclaim ‘never again.’ And may we remember those who perished, not only as victims, but also as individuals who helped and loved and dreamed like us, and who have become symbols of the human spirit.”
          What Chump wrote:

It is a great honor to be here with all of my friends,” he wrote. “So amazing + will never forget!”
          "I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. I just kiss. I don't even wait. You can do anything... Grab them by the [redacted]. You can do anything."

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            Analyze this...
            Looks pretty good to me. Spoke in complete sentences, used words with multiple syllables, corrected a mistake.

And of course you miss the real point. It's not that Obama is a better speaker than the Chump. (He most definitely is!) The issue is the *change* in Chump.

The guy is over 70, obese, has a family history of dementia, and now speaks like a fourth grader. The signs are there.

Comment

The Trumpsters will ride that horse into the ground until he is "tragically" "forced" to resign in a blizzard of sour grapes. Short of a clear and unambiguous admission by Chump, it is extremely hard to imagine any evidence of diminished capacity of any kind changing that fact.

But I have noticed that compared to his old interviews (like the ones where he supported abortion and claimed the economy did better under the Democrats) it does seem that now he consistently struggles for basic words.

However, it may give Chump a way out without admitting he is in over his head by allowing him to resign due to medical reasons. That would be the best way to end it without destroying the country but that would require dignity and class. Not Chump's strong suit.

Comment

"Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                  LOL!

Only it were true instead of reality which was he was making fun of someone's disability because he is just so very classy and so very funny.

Comment

Let us not forget the speaking habits of Lil' Bush, who invented words as he went along, including his infamous "I disremember that".

Never understood, though, how a "community organizer" could not talk in public without a teleprompter. Pubic speaking is the essence of a community organizer, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Let us not forget the speaking habits of Lil' Bush, who invented words as he went along, including his infamous "I disremember that".

Never understood, though, how a "community organizer" could not talk in public without a teleprompter. Pubic speaking is the essence of a community organizer, after all.
                      I was thinking of Bush jr too, but the main reason I would take Bush Jr any day over Trump is that Bush Jr was relatively humble and seemed to have some self-awareness of his own limitations.

Comment

Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
                        I was thinking of Bush jr too, but the main reason I would take Bush Jr any day over Trump is that Bush Jr was relatively humble and seemed to have some self-awareness of his own limitations.
                        I must agree. Lil' B was the epitome of the Peter Principle.

Of course, one of the characteristics of Obama's profound narcissism was that narcissists, by nature, can never be wrong - therefore, they cannot acknowledge limitations. Instead, they transfer their own limitations onto others. You will no doubt remember Obama's accusations that his opponents first "didn't understand him" and then were "racist".

The problem with the presidency is that we have to pick humans to do the job, and the options these days are severely limited. The smart ones, like Colin Powell, won't do it, so the position itself preselects for egotists, narcissists, power mongers, wheeler-dealers and good 'ole boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The problem with the presidency is that we have to pick humans to do the job, and the options these days are severely limited. The smart ones, like Colin Powell, won't do it, so the position itself preselects for egotists, narcissists, power mongers, wheeler-dealers and good 'ole boys.
                          That I'll agree with. There's no way I'd want the job, too much stress and aggravation. Everyone has noticed how that job ages you quickly...
                          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

The anti-Trump crowd have one major weakness: they're so gun-ho about Trump's failures that they predict his many demises early and often. There's a big difference between acknowledging his many struggles so far (which the pro-Trumpers ignore) and jumping to the "this is the next sign that hes going to fail, and soon!"

If 2016 should have taught us anything, it's not to dismiss the Donald too soon. The man ain't perfect by any measurement, but until he is signing his resignation letter I'm not going to hold my breathe about every minor slip up and verbal mistake.

People did the same thing about Bush and Obama, obsessing over their little gaffes while digging for some deeper truth. It wasn't effective then, and it would be hard to see it as effective now.

Comment

Originally posted by armor11 View Post
                              Looks pretty good to me. Spoke in complete sentences, used words with multiple syllables, corrected a mistake.

And of course you miss the real point. It's not that Obama is a better speaker than the Chump. (He most definitely is!) The issue is the *change* in Chump.

The guy is over 70, obese, has a family history of dementia, and now speaks like a fourth grader. The signs are there.
                              This reminds me of those who were predicting Hillary would be dead soon because of her "obvious" health issues during the campaign.

The signs are there, but only when filtered through the public lense and poured over by a rabid community looking for possible issues. It certainly could be true, but the armchair doctor route has a notoriously poor track record.

Until we see something more concrete, and at the risk of not being right before it was proven, I'll say we shouldn't be jumping to early conclusions about a the president's health.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X