Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you truly feel about America if the media wasn't telling you to panic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
    Of Course there has to be, and right now it's the Russians, and I am watching for them.
    Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    Nope it the people from the south and the islamist.
    Next week, it'll be the Chinese again.

Comment

He walks home, because in Gent, the Green idiots are forbidding people to drive . This privilege is reserved .....to the Green .

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
        Because I have to say that when I take my eyes from the hysteria periscope and look around, things aren't looking bad. The economy is up, business is humming along, the country is functioning, and the sky remains firmly in place. There are international tensions, but nothing greater than normal, and overall everyone seems to be taking care of business. Hospitals aren't leaving people to die in the streets and it all looks like business as usual.
        Wow, I guess what you're saying is that Obama did a good job.
        John

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin View Post
          a big difference is that Trump is not a politician
          he doesn't need votes/etc--so he doesn't have to try to ''double talk'' for votes, or be politically correct
          he doesn't go as much for political back rubbing or back stabbing
          You're smoking a whole truckload of crack, aren't you?
          John

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
            Just like when Billy Clinton ran against Bush Sr. and said we had the worst economy in 50 years even though it was growing at 4%?
            An economy that is growing by 4% is not a good economy if it had previously been growing at 15%.
            John

Comment

Honestly , I rather see hysteria in the blogs than in the medias.
              That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                He walks home, because in Gent, the Green idiots are forbidding people to drive . This privilege is reserved .....to the Green .
                Cars are for women. (Or for travelling great distances obviously)

Gentlemen walk

You should try it.
                High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                  Cars are for women. (Or for travelling great distances obviously)

Gentlemen walk

You should try it.
                  I do, at least a mile every day, come rain or shine. However, when the nearest stores are eleven miles (16 km) I drive!
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                    Every Saturday, Trump has his speech to the American people. The Democrats also have their speech as well.

Trump's speeches are mostly about hope and positive progress that has taken place the past several weeks.

The Democrats just start out with how awful things are under Trump and how bad and evil he is. They offer no alternatives.

Thank goodness for the Internet with its many alternative sources as the ALPHABET Lame Stream enters its death throes dragging Fox with them.

I cut the $80 a month basic cable last month. Free TV now has far less commercials and repetitive programming then Pay TV.
                    What reliable online news sources do you recommend once CNN, Fox, etc are discarded?

Comment

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Moulin View Post
                      a big difference is that Trump is not a politician
                      he doesn't need votes/etc--so he doesn't have to try to ''double talk'' for votes, or be politically correct
                      he doesn't go as much for political back rubbing or back stabbing

You're smoking a whole truckload of crack, aren't you?

-- Agree. No one outdoes Trump on flip-flops. For someone not needing votes he seems awfully concerned about his margin of victory. For someone who is not a politician he seems extraordinarily sensitive to criticism, image, and flattery. Agree that he doesn't like back-stabbing --- on the receiving end. On the giving end, he has knives in both hands. So much so that the Democratic strategy is to wait until enough Trump voters figure they've been betrayed.

Comment

Try the New York Times. Their online site has this going for it:

1) They publish corrections to errors of fact.

FOX does not.

2) They publish HUNDREDS of letters from readers, always including opposing views in the short list of "Times recommend".

FOX publishes no letters from readers of any kind. Which, come to think of it, means that FOX's mode is it fact to TELL its readers what to think.

On the other hand Breitbart does publish letters, which are an order of magnitude even scarier than the articles!

Comment

You have to use common sense when watching the news. Most of the time they report an issue that has some importance but they will make it sound like the country will collapse if they don't get their way on the issue. When I hear this type of reporting I change the channel.
                          “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
                          ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by mconrad View Post
                            Try the New York Times. Their online site has this going for it:

1) They publish corrections to errors of fact.

FOX does not.

2) They publish HUNDREDS of letters from readers, always including opposing views in the short list of "Times recommend".

FOX publishes no letters from readers of any kind. Which, come to think of it, means that FOX's mode is it fact to TELL its readers what to think.

On the other hand Breitbart does publish letters, which are an order of magnitude even scarier than the articles!
                            Silly liberal. Fox shows user mail all the time and issues corrections. Looks like someone has their brain hooked up to MSNBC.

Think for yourself. It's fun, I assure you.
                            A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
                              You have to use common sense when watching the news. Most of the time they report an issue that has some importance but they will make it sound like the country will collapse if they don't get their way on the issue. When I hear this type of reporting I change the channel.
                              I'm guessing your TV is flicking like a strobe light then?
                              A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by doubleD View Post
                                Trump, Clinton, Republican, Democrat, Conservative, Liberal - what does it matter as things are right now ?

By and large they all could care less about me and you and the state of the country !

They're to busy on witch hunts, backstabbing, and political in fighting that they have no idea what's going on themselves.

Power and more money is all the vast majority are after, most are on the same bus. And it doesn't include any of us.
                                AMEN!

GG
                                "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X