Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you truly feel about America if the media wasn't telling you to panic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
    Exactly. There always has to be an "enemy" so that we won't focus on what's really happening.
    Of Course there has to be, and right now it's the Russians, and I am watching for them.
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
      I also watch CNN, and NO it doesn't!
      Then we are undoubtedly watching two different channels.
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
        Just like when Billy Clinton ran against Bush Sr. and said we had the worst economy in 50 years even though it was growing at 4%?
        Pretty close yes. So I'm counting you in the Trump lied column, thanks.
        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
        “To talk of many things:
        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        And why the sea is boiling hot—
        And whether pigs have wings.”
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by doubleD View Post
          Trump, Clinton, Republican, Democrat, Conservative, Liberal - what does it matter as things are right now ?

By and large they all could care less about me and you and the state of the country !

They're to busy on witch hunts, backstabbing, and political in fighting that they have no idea what's going on themselves.

Power and more money is all the vast majority are after, most are on the same bus. And it doesn't include any of us.
          Bingo. Finally someone gets it right. Thank you.
          “To talk of many things:
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
            Of Course there has to be, and right now it's the Russians, and I am watching for them.
            Nope it the people from the south and the islamist.
            “To talk of many things:
            Of cabbages—and kings—
            ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Them, too!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                CNN does a pretty good job with both sides of the debate on the current administration.
                That is categorically false.

If you don't agree, then take a look at it instead of just denigrating it.
                You should follow your own advice someday.
                The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                        Then we are undoubtedly watching two different channels.
                        Perception of bias are highly dependent on ones own political view - and is strongly influenced by preconceived notions. A Democrat can look at a Fox News broadcast just like a Republican can look at an MSNBC broadcast, and both will be quick to point the finger.

That is why attitudes towards the media are so dependent on political view. Talk to a Republican, they'll say they distrust the mainstream media... but still trust local news and Fox (because they're so totally "different" and not part of the mainstream ). And how many Democrats dismiss anything Fox says just because it is Fox?

Bias has always been a one-way street to the public. It only exists when they are the victim. The hyperbole hides the truth behind the actual discrimination and mud slinging... but that's all boring and less exciting than the emotional appeal of finding people who agree with you and/or the false sense of accomplishment they feel when loudly rejecting something multiple times to all who will listen. It's sorta like those people who go on social media to tell everyone they're quitting social media.

Though the biggest irony is that all those conservatives who complain about the news media do seem to pay quite a lot of attention to something they despise. It reminds me of all those liberals who insult Trump every chance they get... by following him on Twitter and retweeting all his posts to an even wider audience.

Or, you know, posting anything negative about Trump they can find.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                            He also said : Yesterday, Poland attacked a radio station at Gleiwitz; from now on ,we are fighting back .

Stupid me : it was Adolf .

Well, there is no difference

Comment

Originally posted by doubleD View Post
                              Trump, Clinton, Republican, Democrat, Conservative, Liberal - what does it matter as things are right now ?

By and large they all could care less about me and you and the state of the country !

They're to busy on witch hunts, backstabbing, and political in fighting that they have no idea what's going on themselves.

Power and more money is all the vast majority are after, most are on the same bus. And it doesn't include any of us.
                              a big difference is that Trump is not a politician
                              he doesn't need votes/etc--so he doesn't have to try to ''double talk'' for votes, or be politically correct
                              he doesn't go as much for political back rubbing or back stabbing

Comment

ecause I have to say that when I take my eyes from the hysteria periscope and look around, things aren't looking bad. The economy is up, business is humming along, the country is functioning, and the sky remains firmly in place. There are international tensions, but nothing greater than normal, and overall everyone seems to be taking care of business. Hospitals aren't leaving people to die in the streets and it all looks like business as usual.
                                That's exactly how I feel when I close down the ACG around 4 and walk home.

What T F are they on about
                                High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X