Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get raped, get billed $400 for rape kit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post

If it is for treatment, then of course it is wrong to force victims of crime to go out of pocket for their treatment, but then again that is all part of the beauty of the US healthcare system.
    I see : it is the fault of Trump

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
      I could be wrong, but you are the first person to mention both Trump and Rape as part of this topic?.

Trump, as president, is irrelevant to the fact that Rape happens, that Rape destroys lives, and that some posters here believe Rape is but an inconvenience, compared to their important topics, ie those concerning white men.

Trump is not part of this topic on Rape. Please remove your post for its sheer total irrelevance to this debate, and I will remove this .
      How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
      Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Actually its the ignorance of non-American posters who haven't got a clue.

But yours works, too.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
          Actually its the ignorance of non-American posters who haven't got a clue.

But yours works, too.
          Do you think that Rape is unimportant? That is what this thread is about.

You totally know its not. Really. Rape is not about politics.
          Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Just to clear of course I didn't say anything at all about Trump and if there was any way I could personally blame Trump for this particular incident, I would be more than happy to do so.

But sure! If you want to link Trump and Rape, even as a strenuous denial, I'm happy to let you.

Comment

How to demean a really disgusting crime .

Rape is not about politics. It's about power of a strong individual over a weaker one.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                How wrong can one be. If society's fabric is dissolving, why are the number of actual rapes going down?

Single mothers are the problem? You are focusing the blame on the person raising the kids, who is trying to be both mum and dad, rather than the absent father who is a true failure in our society.
                The number of actual rapes is the number of reported rapes,but the number of real rapes (=the number of rapes that happened ) is much,much higher than everyone can imagine .

And the principal reason is the impunity of the rapists .

Comment

Just to clear of course I didn't say anything at all about Trump and if there was any way I could personally blame Trump for this particular incident, I would be more than happy to do so.

But sure! If you want to link Trump and Rape, even as a strenuous denial, I'm happy to let you.
                  YOU introduced the US healthcare system in a thread where it had no place . And introducing the US healthcare system is trying to blame Trump .

Everyone knows that there is only one possibility to decrease the number of rapes (not to exterminate rape ),but the politicians do not care about rape and are to cowardly .

Comment

Do you think that Rape is unimportant? That is what this thread is about.

You totally know its not. Really. Rape is not about politics.
                    Rape is crime and crime is politics .

Comment

I could be wrong, but you are the first person to mention both Trump and Rape as part of this topic?.
                      You are wrong :see post 17 : Trump being elected .

Comment

See post 17

Comment

The OP was NOT about rape .

The woman who was raped was examined in hospital and had to pay for it .

As there is no examination in hospital for free, some one has to pay for it ,the obvious candidate being the person who is examined . An other candidate would be the tax-payer .

IF the rapist is caught and IF he is condemned and IF he has some money, the victim can file a complaint against him and hire a lawyer who will charge her $ thousands for doing nothing and there is a small hope she will get back her money .

Mostly the small hope will be an illusion .

There is an other solution , a substitute that will not give back her money but that will revenge her, but that will horrify a lot of people .

Comment

Serious question: What is the purpose of a rape kit?

If a rape kit is primarily about evidence collection, then the state should pay for the process.

If a rape kit is primarily about the victim's health, then the victim should pay for the process.

Life isn't fair, and sometimes it sucks. If a drunk driver hits my car, the state has no responsibility for my medical bills or to replace my care. Why is this crime different?

Comment

See post 17
                              Not my post. I never connected Trump and Rape.

My post was a conditional statement and not an absolute one about the US Healthcare statement. Not a connection with Trump and Rape

I can't connect Trump and Rape with US Healthcare law since his plan has yet to pass the Senate.

Comment

Originally posted by 82redleg View Post
                                Serious question: What is the purpose of a rape kit?

If a rape kit is primarily about evidence collection, then the state should pay for the process.

If a rape kit is primarily about the victim's health, then the victim should pay for the process.

Life isn't fair, and sometimes it sucks. If a drunk driver hits my car, the state has no responsibility for my medical bills or to replace my care. Why is this crime different?
                                Exactly!
                                Hundreds of thousands of rape kits that could identify serial sexual attackers are sitting untested by police departments across the country despite promises and federal funds to clear the backlog, a new agency-by-agency count suggests.

Documents obtained exclusively by USA TODAY Media Network, an NBC News partner, uncovered more than 70,000 neglected forensic evidence kits amassed by more than 1,000 police agencies. That's just a fraction of the nation's 18,000 police departments, so the total number of untested kits is likely far higher.

Thirty-four states haven't even counted how many untested kits are sitting on shelves, and the Justice Department has not established federal guidelines on how to handle sex-crimes evidence to comply with a law passed by Congress in 2013.
                                http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/rape-kits-n393186
                                Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                                Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X