Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get raped, get billed $400 for rape kit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karri View Post
    There is some serious push back from men(and I've seen a growing trend among women getting really tired of that **** too), including creating male advocacy groups, because of the aforementioned. This is clearly a product of the last few decades. Some "feminists" simply pushed too far; such as shaming people who dare say that a woman is capable of lying about being raped.

That is not to say that all feminists advocate such things. Just that there always seems to be that 10% or 1% or something of any group of people who just go too far and seemingly only want to be right and yell about things, and because they yell the loudest they tend to take control of the narrative.

Society tends to correct itself with time, and I think we are in need of some really serious discussion on many subjects. Luckily we also seem to be in a point where the "silent majority" has gotten really ****ing tired of the worst of
    exaggerations and overkills.

Political correctness for example is pretty much dead or dying.
    Then you're lucky, because here in America it hasn't even peaked yet. Every new advocacy group adds itself to the growing vocabulary of things which must be spoken of circumspectly and circuitously.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Then you're lucky, because here in America it hasn't even peaked yet. Every new advocacy group adds itself to the growing vocabulary of things which must be spoken of circumspectly and circuitously.
      Trump being elected is a clear sign of it having peaked. I mean what else is the current outrage of his gaffes than white noise to most people now? Go back a decade or so and people might have cared.
      Wisdom is personal

Comment

Trump being elected is a clear sign of it having peaked. I mean what else is the current outrage of his gaffes than white noise to most people now? Go back a decade or so and people might have cared.
        There is a solid argument for this. Time will tell.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Political correctness isn't really being applied to Trump or his actions, but it continues to evolve and grow in the American language. It's far from peaking or dying or, best of all, simply going away and allowing us to use English as the precision instrument that it truly is.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
            Rape is one of several serious crimes that society strives to prevent. Rape however like few other crimes invokes primordial instinctual responses. The tribal instinct to protect the biologically limited supply of eggs can be manifested in disturbing and irrational ways. The number of false rape claims against black Americans by groups such as the Ku Klux Klan being one example. When dealing with such emotion evoking issues care must be taken to ensure that justice is indeed blind.

There is significant evidence to suggest that Marxists influenced groups such as third wave feminism are indeed engaged in promoting a false narrative to manipulate emotions and further their political ambitions. This presents a clear and present threat to traditional civil liberties such as burden of proof.

It is necessary that we engage both emotionally and intellectual in all aspects of our lives but we must be wary of manipulation by those not interested in the preservation of our civilization. Including in those uninterested in the preservation of our civilization are those that push identity politics.
            Perfect circle speak.
            Rape and the negative response to it are both communist conspiracies?
            Anyone who finds rape appalling is a communist feminist? Or what?
            You have politicized it, nobody else on the forum has.
            Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
            Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Are you seriously suggesting this reflects negatively on an entire nation.

There are more pressing issues than minorities and women. I would go so far as to say that the constant focus on the issues that minorities and women face is a deliberate distraction from foundational societal issues. If those issues pressed by the media are your focus I would recommend you research how cults exercise mind control.
              This could be both the most vile and stupid post ever at ACG.

RAPE is not merely an issue. It destroys people. Dismissing it as unimportant or irrelevant is totally abhorrent.

Concerning stupid, women make up the largest group in the USA, ie more than 50% of the population. Add in minorities that are not female, and you have a substantial majority slice of the population. A focus on most of the population is wrong? Talk about being one brain cell shy of friction.

Mind control? Your post states that the focus should be on men, but not from a minority. The USA lost hundreds of thousands of lives to stop this happening abroad, and yet you try to invoke Nazi language here at ACG? We know better.
              How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
              Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

I'm not stepping off into what wolf said, because frankly I don't understand what his point was.

But in the USA, an average of 12% of reported sexual assaults result in a conviction.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Are you seriously suggesting this reflects negatively on an entire nation.

There are more pressing issues than minorities and women. I would go so far as to say that the constant focus on the issues that minorities and women face is a deliberate distraction from foundational societal issues. If those issues pressed by the media are your focus I would recommend you research how cults exercise mind control.
                  This is pretty bad claiming that minority or women’s issues are not important to the nation. I have grandchildren who are minority citizens and their issues are pretty important to our family as well as members of their racial groups. And women make up 50.8% (source: https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045216/00) of the population of the US, so that actually makes you men a minority. Seeing as how we are a bit over the 50% mark in population numbers I would think that women’s issues should be pretty important. Plus our issues would be important to our husbands, fathers and our children, especially health and economic issues. Just saying. As far as foundational goes--how many folks say that women are the bedrock of Western Civilization?
                  Last edited by Jannie; 20 May 17, 19:50.
                  Homo homini lupus

Comment

There is a direct connection between the feel good social programs introduced with the great society and violent crime. The break down of the family is directly related to welfare programs. It is well documented that children raised by single moms are more likely to engage in violent crime. The hard work necessary to build a society has been replaced by easy solutions in the form of government programs.

Repairing the family structure and promoting healthy masculinity is the best way to prevent rape. Demonizing masculinity and promoting reliance on the state for security will not solve this problem.

More importantly the decline of Western Civilization is the greatest threat that women face. Equal rights for women is an invention of Western Civilization. Other civilizations such as those associated with Islam have never originated nor embraced equality under the law for women.

One of our core values is innocent until proven guilty. One of the ugly realities of rape is that it is one of the most difficult crimes to prove. The solution is not to discard our values and weaken society by resorting to authoritarian solutions. The answer as with most of problems is to restore a commitment to personal responsibility.

Rape is a symptom of the dissolution of the social fabric. It is not characterized by situations addressable by law enforcement in the same way that the war on drugs has been a disaster.

I have received a lot of criticism here for my comments. I just want to make it clear that while rape is a serious problem it is only marginally related to a supposed "rape culture". There is a rising culture of rejecting personal responsibility and a dismissal of the serious work required to build healthy sexual relationships.

Comment

There is a direct connection between the feel good social programs introduced with the great society and violent crime. The break down of the family is directly related to welfare programs. It is well documented that children raised by single moms are more likely to engage in violent crime. The hard work necessary to build a society has been replaced by easy solutions in the form of government programs.

Repairing the family structure and promoting healthy masculinity is the best way to prevent rape. Demonizing masculinity and promoting reliance on the state for security will not solve this problem.

More importantly the decline of Western Civilization is the greatest threat that women face. Equal rights for women is an invention of Western Civilization. Other civilizations such as those associated with Islam have never originated nor embraced equality under the law for women.

One of our core values is innocent until proven guilty. One of the ugly realities of rape is that it is one of the most difficult crimes to prove. The solution is not to discard our values and weaken society by resorting to authoritarian solutions. The answer as with most of problems is to restore a commitment to personal responsibility.

Rape is a symptom of the dissolution of the social fabric. It is not characterized by situations addressable by law enforcement in the same way that the war on drugs has been a disaster.

I have received a lot of criticism here for my comments. I just want to make it clear that while rape is a serious problem it is only marginally related to a supposed "rape culture". There is a rising culture of rejecting personal responsibility and a dismissal of the serious work required to build healthy sexual relationships.
                      Rape has been going on for a very long time, predating the great society programs of the 60's.
                      While I agree with your observations on the demise of society, to the victim of such an act is probably not thinking about the failure of the great society.
                      Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                        Rape has been going on for a very long time, predating the great society programs of the 60's.
                        While I agree with your observations on the demise of society, to the victim of such an act is probably not thinking about the failure of the great society.
                        Yes rape has been a disgusting part of life in every civilization I'm aware of. It is for the most part only epidemic when civilization itself collapses. The best way therefore to prevent rape is by strengthening the only civilization that has originated equality for women.

The original article reflects nothing other than a breakdown in a billing system and not a disregard for the rule of law. To the extent that the narrative that is being pushed undermines faith in the rule of law it is counter productive. Our law is based on innocent until proven guilty because that environment promotes the necessary faith that the population must have in the rule of law. In this way promoting the idea of institutional rape culture is not only an exaggeration but destroys the basis on which improvements in handling rape must be made.

The moral landscape is not improved by holding a class of individuals responsible for the actions of people beyond their control. High percentage of child abuse is committed by women but we do not hold women as a class responsible for child abuse. Identity politics is a corrosive factor in addressing almost every problem we face. There should be no women issues or minority issues only societal issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                          The victim isn't, but the aggressor may well be.

1 in 4 rapes are reported.

12% of reported rapes are punished.

That means 3 to 4% of rapes result ij a criminal conviction.

Currently sexual assault is the safest felony to commit.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                            The victim isn't, but the aggressor may well be.

1 in 4 rapes are reported.

12% of reported rapes are punished.

That means 3 to 4% of rapes result ij a criminal conviction.

Currently sexual assault is the safest felony to commit.
                            Sad but true, last time we were in San Diego the county sheriff was on TV bragging that reported rapes had dropped to about 2,000 per year. Then he noted under his breath that less then 20% get reported.
                            I'm glad I don't live there anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                              I'm not stepping off into what wolf said, because frankly I don't understand what his point was.

But in the USA, an average of 12% of reported sexual assaults result in a conviction.
                              You are not stupid and you totally understand what his point was. For those who missed his post above, his point was that the only important issues concern white males, and Rape is unimportant in his list of priorities .
                              Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

How wrong can one be. If society's fabric is dissolving, why are the number of actual rapes going down?

Single mothers are the problem? You are focusing the blame on the person raising the kids, who is trying to be both mum and dad, rather than the absent father who is a true failure in our society.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X