P.C. Police policy in Chicago about to get worse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
    So am I. And I'm the deputy sitting in my house. I could directly call the on-duty shift via radio and skip all the 911 comm center BS. Still, my first line of defense is my shotgun, then my sidearm though that can flip-flop depending on situation. I'd tell anyone that can have an arm available to defend themselves have it, and train with it so they're competent and confident in it.
    My first line of defense is a old bolt action Argentine for long range action, then a pump 12 gauge. If they still persist I've got a bunch of pistols to chose from...

I live on top of a mountain with few paths to the home. It's really heavily overgrown and you can't step off the deer trails without sinking to your hips in detritus. The driveway is about a half mile long snaking up the hill.

Then there's the dogs. They're the early warning system. I'm a Prepper. Been so since I got out of SAC... I expected a major war since the '80s. Been happily wrong since then. But just in case, I'm ready.
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

but about the OP....

The quality of Chicago’s policing has been deteriorating for decades. Back in 1991, 67 percent of murderers were arrested. When Mayor Richard M. Daley finally left office 20 years later, in 2011, the arrest rate was down to 30 percent. This troubling drop only continued after Rahm Emanuel became mayor, hitting a new low of 20 percent in 2016 . [secondcitycop says it's closer to 15%]

With every passing year fewer of us actually give a half'penny. This isn't the demographic we should look to to keep the engine of civilization ticking over. After generations of mandatory lies and ruinous expense, without result, we can assume with confidence they'll live as they wish to live regardless of our interventions. Perhaps a better use of resources would be to rigorously enforce acceptable behavior in public places but take them at their word and stop routinely policing their neighborhoods.
      It ain't like they listen to us... ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
        My first line of defense is a old bolt action Argentine for long range action, then a pump 12 gauge. If they still persist I've got a bunch of pistols to chose from...

I live on top of a mountain with few paths to the home. It's really heavily overgrown and you can't step off the deer trails without sinking to your hips in detritus. The driveway is about a half mile long snaking up the hill.

Then there's the dogs. They're the early warning system. I'm a Prepper. Been so since I got out of SAC... I expected a major war since the '80s. Been happily wrong since then. But just in case, I'm ready.
        So am I.

One of our neighbors has a large sign at the entrance to his property which states: YOU ARE NO LONGER TRESPASSING. YOU ARE NOW A TARGET.

A visitor to our house asked us if the shooting from the range across the small valley didn't bother us. My reply: "No. I find it very reassuring since it means this whole damned town is keeping it's skills up." Frequent practice and a lot of weekend "shoot-offs".
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
          but about the OP....

The quality of Chicago’s policing has been deteriorating for decades. Back in 1991, 67 percent of murderers were arrested. When Mayor Richard M. Daley finally left office 20 years later, in 2011, the arrest rate was down to 30 percent. This troubling drop only continued after Rahm Emanuel became mayor, hitting a new low of 20 percent in 2016 . [secondcitycop says it's closer to 15%]

With every passing year fewer of us actually give a half'penny. This isn't the demographic we should look to to keep the engine of civilization ticking over. After generations of mandatory lies and ruinous expense, without result, we can assume with confidence they'll live as they wish to live regardless of our interventions. Perhaps a better use of resources would be to rigorously enforce acceptable behavior in public places but take them at their word and stop routinely policing their neighborhoods.
          It ain't like they listen to us... ever.
          Way past time to return to America's roots - the armed citizen of old, especially in the West.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X