P.C. Police policy in Chicago about to get worse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P.C. Police policy in Chicago about to get worse

Who wants to bet the number of officers KIA and those leaving the job will skyrocket in Chicago in the next 12 months?

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

So, the CPD will be something like this...

Comment

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        So, the CPD will be something like this...

Its how Baltimore PD and Detroit PD are handling things. Officer injuries are drastically down.

Murder rate is through the roof, but no one seems to protest those...
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

They don't look happy

"Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Policing is pretty much a 'social contract' sort of thing. If Chicago doesn't want to be policed, just disband the police. Problem solved.

As far as the law goes, there are some laws (varies by jurisdiction) requiring police to take reports, respond if called, serve papers and enforce court orders (we're an executive arm that really works for the judicial branch), and conduct investigations.

My recommendation if you don't like the police: Don't call.....EVER. Don't go to the station to file any reports....EVER. Don't take out papers on anyone. Don't take any actions in court. And "See Nothing" when asked by an investigator.

If you follow those recommendations, you will have absolutely minimal contact with the police.
            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
              Policing is pretty much a 'social contract' sort of thing. If Chicago doesn't want to be policed, just disband the police. Problem solved.

As far as the law goes, there are some laws (varies by jurisdiction) requiring police to take reports, respond if called, serve papers and enforce court orders (we're an executive arm that really works for the judicial branch), and conduct investigations.

My recommendation if you don't like the police: Don't call.....EVER. Don't go to the station to file any reports....EVER. Don't take out papers on anyone. Don't take any actions in court. And "See Nothing" when asked by an investigator.

If you follow those recommendations, you will have absolutely minimal contact with the police.
              And you will be absolutely protected against the army of criminals out in the streets.

Police here do not even respond to "shots fired" calls unless someone is killed or injured.

Which is why we're all armed.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Yep. The community dictates the coverage. If the officers get too much grief, they'll simply stop interacting with the citizens of that area. Oh, they'll show up if called (not quickly), and take a report, but it requires far less effort in justifying not making an arrest than making a warrantless arrest.

The thing about police work is that it is based upon the assumption that police officers are willing to risk their own safety and work harder than is required, neither of which can legally be demanded of them. So it all boils down to dedication and a love for the job, personal intangibles.

What we are seeing in Baltimore, Detroit, LAPD, and soon Chicago is that intangible is evaporating.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                  Yep. The community dictates the coverage. If the officers get too much grief, they'll simply stop interacting with the citizens of that area. Oh, they'll show up if called (not quickly), and take a report, but it requires far less effort in justifying not making an arrest than making a warrantless arrest.

The thing about police work is that it is based upon the assumption that police officers are willing to risk their own safety and work harder than is required, neither of which can legally be demanded of them. So it all boils down to dedication and a love for the job, personal intangibles.

What we are seeing in Baltimore, Detroit, LAPD, and soon Chicago is that intangible is evaporating.
                  That's one of the reasons that I'm considering a move to Texas. Ca is far too liberal for my liking and its just getting worse as time flows by...

Say as a local could you recommend a good rural town? I'd like it to be in a hilly area like Wichita Falls. But more than 30 miles away from the nearest VA clinic so I can choose my Primary care doctor... Pm me if you would...
                  Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Try Texas hill country outside Austin. Places like San Marcos or New Braunfels, or the other direction towards Bastrop.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      Try Texas hill country outside Austin. Places like San Marcos or New Braunfels, or the other direction towards Bastrop.
                      You've been away for a while. Bastrop is in Austin now. The city has grown like you wouldn't believe.

New Braunfels is pretty, but real estate is rather pricy at the moment. The key is whether you want to live in town or in the country.

If you want to live in the country I would recommend further north, in the region around San Angelo and Abilene. Prices are reasonable, taxes are low, and it doesn't get ay more red.

Comment

Bravo!

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                          Its how Baltimore PD and Detroit PD are handling things. Officer injuries are drastically down.

Murder rate is through the roof, but no one seems to protest those...
                          Maybe Baltimore, I don't know, but not Detroit. As bad as things are Detroit murder rate has been on the decline. Also their CoP is anything but Politically Correct. After several high profile killings in self defense in attempted break ins, he came out publicly and said "well, if they did not break in they would not get shot." He also stood face to face with a surprisingly light skinned BLM protest over a real **** job who was killed by a police officer (actually a black Fed) and prevented the situation from getting out of control (he's what, 5'6" or something like that). A man who was car jacked just as he was taking the position probably does not have much sympathy for the bad guys. Detroit cops, btw, are not exactly known for being PC (and they are mostly black). There just are not nearly enough of them to properly police the city.

Detroit remains a very violent place, because it is mostly all ghetto, though that is beginning to change; slightly and slowly. Yet, BLM never has really taken root there (the above incident the only major one I can think of and that was a couple year ago). Maybe John S can further amplify as he is closer to the D than I am.

One thing to carefully consider is that things had become so low as for Detroit to elect a corporate White Guy mayor by write in vote no less. To be compared to Baltimore or Chicago is an insult to most Detroiters (especially Chicago).

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
                            Maybe Baltimore, I don't know, but not Detroit. As bad as things are Detroit murder rate has been on the decline. Also their CoP is anything but Politically Correct. After several high profile killings in self defense in attempted break ins, he came out publicly and said "well, if they did not break in they would not get shot." He also stood face to face with a surprisingly light skinned BLM protest over a real **** job who was killed by a police officer (actually a black Fed) and prevented the situation from getting out of control (he's what, 5'6" or something like that). A man who was car jacked just as he was taking the position probably does not have much sympathy for the bad guys. Detroit cops, btw, are not exactly known for being PC (and they are mostly black). There just are not nearly enough of them to properly police the city.

Detroit remains a very violent place, because it is mostly all ghetto, though that is beginning to change; slightly and slowly. Yet, BLM never has really taken root there (the above incident the only major one I can think of and that was a couple year ago). Maybe John S can further amplify as he is closer to the D than I am.

One thing to carefully consider is that things had become so low as for Detroit to elect a corporate White Guy mayor by write in vote no less. To be compared to Baltimore or Chicago is an insult to most Detroiters (especially Chicago).

Tuebor
                            I stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              And you will be absolutely protected against the army of criminals out in the streets.

Generally speaking the army of criminals operates parallel to the police anyway. I'd always recommend that people take every precaution that they are capable of taking, including arming themselves. I'm one Deputy covering around 100 square miles of county in my section. I'll run flat out, and on back roads that is a confirmed 135mph in the corners (very bad night, first time I actually scared myself driving), to save you. But I won't get there instantly. I like what I saw on a Wilson County Emergency Management truck one day at an out of county training....."Be Prepared, the First 72 is on you". I'd say that the first 15 minutes is on you....after that I'm bringing the rain.

Police here do not even respond to "shots fired" calls unless someone is killed or injured.

I actually wish we could do that. We respond to all of them.....opening day of dove season is the bane of my existence. Lots of idiots that decided to move into the 'country' and freak the hell out because 'there are people in the field behind my house with GUNS!!!!'.

Which is why we're all armed.
                              So am I. And I'm the deputy sitting in my house. I could directly call the on-duty shift via radio and skip all the 911 comm center BS. Still, my first line of defense is my shotgun, then my sidearm though that can flip-flop depending on situation. I'd tell anyone that can have an arm available to defend themselves have it, and train with it so they're competent and confident in it.
                              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X