This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is TDS a medical problem?

So TDS is often tossed around as a slam on the opposition but lately I've been wondering if this isn't an actual disorder in play. The thing that got me thinking is how there have been cases of drastic personality shifts over the past couple of years. I can think of at least two forum members who during the course of Trump's running experienced a personality change so sharp that other members who were familiar with them took notice. And its not limited to here. Marriages have ended and people have had severe emotional shifts over this election and the anti Trump hysteria really seems to have gone beyond the usual "I didn't win" tantrum and into something quite a bit more pathological. We use the term "unhinged" flippantly but it really seems like this election cycle has literally and clinically caused people to come unglued.

Is TDS just a tantrum or is there something more to it? Is it a kind of mass hysteria or similar psychological event?
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Perhaps a manifestation of OCD ?

Only Trump Derangement Syndrome Can Explain Calls For Impeachment

EXCERPT:
    For months now, progressives have been calling for President Trump’s impeachment on grounds ranging from his supposed violation of the emoluments clause to his claim that the Obama administration wiretapped his phones at Trump Tower. So many Democrats have brought up impeaching Trump that CNN now keeps a running list.

Therefore it was only a matter of time before Trump’s firing of FBI Director James Comey sparked calls for impeachment from some prominent progressive, and last week Harvard professor Laurence Tribe did the honors. In an op-ed for The Washington Post, Tribe called on Congress to impeach the president for “high crimes and misdemeanors,” saying that Comey’s ouster amounts to obstruction of justice “vastly more serious than the ‘third-rate burglary’ that Nixon tried to cover up in Watergate.”

Normally, this sort of accusation would be a serious matter. After all, Tribe is one of the most revered legal scholars in America. He has argued before the Supreme Court dozens of times and is widely respected by lawyers and lawmakers across the ideological spectrum.

Yet Tribe’s call for impeachment rings hollow. Instead of a grave warning from a distinguished constitutional scholar, Tribe has become a high-profile example of Trump derangement syndrome—that political malady whereby pretty much everything Trump does, no matter how mundane, is a threat to our democracy and a trampling of the Constitution.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinio...dGl?li=BBnb7Kz
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
      So TDS is often tossed around as a slam on the opposition but lately I've been wondering if this isn't an actual disorder in play. The thing that got me thinking is how there have been cases of drastic personality shifts over the past couple of years. I can think of at least two forum members who during the course of Trump's running experienced a personality change so sharp that other members who were familiar with them took notice. And its not limited to here. Marriages have ended and people have had severe emotional shifts over this election and the anti Trump hysteria really seems to have gone beyond the usual "I didn't win" tantrum and into something quite a bit more pathological. We use the term "unhinged" flippantly but it really seems like this election cycle has literally and clinically caused people to come unglued.

Is TDS just a tantrum or is there something more to it? Is it a kind of mass hysteria or similar psychological event?
      No, is not a medical problem, because it does not result from any disease process. It is purely a psychological problem which presents as hatred, bigotry, paranoia, childish rages and tantrums caused by the inability/refusal of an otherwise adult personality to accept a given reality.

I strongly suspect that it is part of the general sociopathic personality profile.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I think its afflicting those who are purveyors of the liberal media who put up fake news and other garbage.

In other words GIGO. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garbage_in,_garbage_out

They spend so much time watching fake news that they actually start to believe it...
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

BENGHAZI!!!!!! Clinton Body Count!!!!!

You're funny. It's like 16 years disappeared from your brain. 92-00 and 08-16.....
          “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
          “To talk of many things:
          Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          And why the sea is boiling hot—
          And whether pigs have wings.”
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
            BENGHAZI!!!!!! Clinton Body Count!!!!!

You're funny. It's like 16 years disappeared from your brain. 92-00 and 08-16.....
            And you're the one with an avatar wearing lipstick...
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              And you're the one with an avatar wearing lipstick...
              Yes, why yes I am. I a very secure person.
              “To talk of many things:
              Of cabbages—and kings—
              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                No, is not a medical problem, because it does not result from any disease process. It is purely a psychological problem which presents as hatred, bigotry, paranoia, childish rages and tantrums caused by the inability/refusal of an otherwise adult personality to accept a given reality.

I strongly suspect that it is part of the general sociopathic personality profile.
                A solid argument.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

The only 'solid' aspect of this is the ridicule and psychobabble of the Trumpers...
                  We are not now that strength which in old days
                  Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                  Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                  To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

You do realize you just accused us of being right don't you?
                    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

I rather think both sides are suffering from this "disorder". I rather liked the word "unhinged" that you used. In many ways it's like the conservatives are taking every possible advantage of being able to be snowflakes, whereas liberals are crossing the stream in the other direction and taking every opportunity to point out even the slightest deviation from any kind of norm.

Of course one has to remember that usually the most vocal part of any group is quite a tiny minority of that group.

The best so far was Trump having two scoops of ice cream with one group yelling that he should be impeached and the other yelling that the president is allowed to do such things. The rest of us, in USA and abroad, I imagine are going for the collective shrug.
                      Wisdom is personal

Comment

Nope-that's why the term is in quotes in my posting.
                        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Bengahzi!!!!

Clinton body count!!!!!¡

Still a funny thread.
                          “To talk of many things:
                          Of cabbages—and kings—
                          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

'TDS' is a made-up 'problem.'

The problem the country now has is Trump himself. He goes from one screwup to the next.

I guess he just cannot help himself...

Comment

Is TDS any different from ODS. I can think of several posters here from conservative side who clearly suffered from it. Their ODS was much more severe than TDS currently suffered by some. Upside of ODS was that people suffering from created more entertaining conspiracy theories.
                              "Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery"
                              Robert G. Ingersoll 1833-1899

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X