Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White House Press Briefings

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • White House Press Briefings

    Trump may put an end to traditional WH pressers.

    Sadly, I agree. It's become a freakin circus and no real news comes from these pressers anyway. Let's just end it already.

    The press secretary can keep us updated with daily readings into a camera in a room with no press. Trump can also Tweet whenever he has the urge to...which he does anyway.
    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

  • #2
    Originally posted by Persephone View Post
    Trump may put an end to traditional WH pressers.

    Sadly, I agree. It's become a freakin circus and no real news comes from these pressers anyway. Let's just end it already.

    The press secretary can keep us updated with daily readings into a camera in a room with no press. Trump can also Tweet whenever he has the urge to...which he does anyway.
    I agree, it has become, Theater, nothing else.
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

    Comment


    • #3
      I like the idea. The media's credibility is so low that their involvement is immaterial.

      I am hoping this continues as a trend. allowing voters to get the new straight from the source instead of being filtered by biased intermediaries.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

      Comment


      • #4
        Leaving the media out negates one of the designed checks on government.

        So, you don't like the idea of a free press?

        Have you added that to your unreasonable and inaccurate criticisms of the judiciary?

        When are you going to advocate for Trump to be permanent president?

        Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Trump.

        Well done.
        We are not now that strength which in old days
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Massena View Post
          Leaving the media out negates one of the designed checks on government.

          So, you don't like the idea of a free press?

          Have you added that to your unreasonable and inaccurate criticisms of the judiciary?

          When are you going to advocate for Trump to be permanent president?

          Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Trump.

          Well done.
          How is not giving them a room the same as suppressing them. God you lefties are so whiney.
          They can continue to put out their propaganda all they like they can just do it from their own newsroom. Itís not like they actually report the news with anything resembling accuracy anyway.
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

          Comment


          • #6


            You just don't get it. Stopping the press from having access is a form of censorship.

            Just as not allowing an American photographer into the Oval Office with the Russians, but allowing a Tass photographer in-and that one bit Trump in the ass.

            Why is it, by the way, that everyone who disagrees with you regarding Trump is characterized as a 'leftie?'

            Kind of stupid...as well as ignorant-and if you don't know, those two terms do not mean the same thing.
            We are not now that strength which in old days
            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
            Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
            To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Massena View Post


              You just don't get it. Stopping the press from having access is a form of censorship.

              Just as not allowing an American photographer into the Oval Office with the Russians, but allowing a Tass photographer in-and that one bit Trump in the ass.

              Why is it, by the way, that everyone who disagrees with you regarding Trump is characterized as a 'leftie?'

              Kind of stupid...as well as ignorant-and if you don't know, those two terms do not mean the same thing.
              Were you so vocal about this sort of thing when Obama was doing it...?

              http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Oba.../24/id/584585/

              http://www.mediaite.com/columnists/f...tely-unravels/

              http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2009...-press-awards/

              http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/23/us...ics/23fox.html

              Seems to me that the hypocrisy is thick and rich here.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Massena View Post
                Leaving the media out negates one of the designed checks on government.

                So, you don't like the idea of a free press?

                Have you added that to your unreasonable and inaccurate criticisms of the judiciary?

                When are you going to advocate for Trump to be permanent president?

                Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Trump.

                Well done.
                Your TDS is reaching a critical point.

                No one suggested that the free press is being done away with by Trump; fact is, they have been owned and muzzled for years before Trump took office.

                All this would do, would have the taxpayers a little money and force the bastards to work a little harder.

                Try not to panic so much; what you would do if you had a real crisis in your life, I cannot imagine.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                  I agree, it has become, Theater, nothing else.
                  Sean Spicer's pressers have higher ratings than daytime soap operas and talk shows.
                  "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

                  "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                    Your TDS is reaching a critical point.

                    No one suggested that the free press is being done away with by Trump; fact is, they have been owned and muzzled for years before Trump took office.

                    All this would do, would have the taxpayers a little money and force the bastards to work a little harder.

                    Try not to panic so much; what you would do if you had a real crisis in your life, I cannot imagine.


                    You have no idea what I've done in my life nor what a crisis is.

                    You should stop being personal and insulting and if you wish to discuss a subject that's fine. I'll discuss anything, but putting up with your arrogance, ignorance, and insult is anathema to anything logical.

                    In short, grow up and knock off the petty insults and at least attempt to research what you're trying to talk about.

                    Your postings are the epitome of ignorance and personal insult. And you are clearly demonstrating that you have no judgment.

                    And please try not to kick yourself in the ass when you goosestep-you might hurt yourself.

                    By the way, do you still have your one round allowance in your shirt pocket?
                    We are not now that strength which in old days
                    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Massena View Post


                      You have no idea what I've done in my life nor what a crisis is.

                      You should stop being personal and insulting and if you wish to discuss a subject that's fine. I'll discuss anything, but putting up with your arrogance, ignorance, and insult is anathema to anything logical.

                      In short, grow up and knock off the petty insults and at least attempt to research what you're trying to talk about.

                      Your postings are the epitome of ignorance and personal insult. And you are clearly demonstrating that you have no judgment.

                      And please try not to kick yourself in the ass when you goosestep-you might hurt yourself.

                      By the way, do you still have your one round allowance in your shirt pocket?
                      M, in view of your months of obsession, dishonesty, and lack of manners the kindest thing I can say of you is that you are struggling with your first crisis. But then, I recall the days when I thought you were a gentleman. I was wrong, but I have given you the benefit of the doubt out of the goodness of my heart.
                      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        We are not now that strength which in old days
                        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                          How is not giving them a room the same as suppressing them. God you lefties are so whiney.
                          They can continue to put out their propaganda all they like they can just do it from their own newsroom. Itís not like they actually report the news with anything resembling accuracy anyway.
                          Exactly! Do we really need a room full of childish reporters who want to ask stupid useless questions? NO.

                          Trump said he'd be willing to meet with the press bi-monthly and answer questions personally. Does this sound like censorship? NO.
                          "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

                          "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                            M, in view of your months of obsession, dishonesty, and lack of manners the kindest thing I can say of you is that you are struggling with your first crisis. But then, I recall the days when I thought you were a gentleman. I was wrong, but I have given you the benefit of the doubt out of the goodness of my heart.
                            Here's more about 'fearless leader.'

                            Perhaps he is in pursuit of Moose and Squirrel.

                            http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/12/politi...out/index.html
                            We are not now that strength which in old days
                            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                            Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                            To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Massena View Post
                              Leaving the media out negates one of the designed checks on government.

                              So, you don't like the idea of a free press?

                              Have you added that to your unreasonable and inaccurate criticisms of the judiciary?

                              When are you going to advocate for Trump to be permanent president?

                              Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Trump.

                              Well done.
                              And Godwin's law for the fail.

                              You must have failed High School because you clearly don't understand what a free press is.

                              A free press is a media that can report as they like without censure.

                              If Trump refuses to talk to the press they remain free to report. They face no penalty or restrictions on what they say.

                              No one is required to talk with media because saying no to an interview is also a form of protected speech. Thus denying to speak to the press is not an infringement on freedom of the press. They are free to ask but everyone including the president is free to tell them to sod off. Freedom of speech works both ways.

                              Back to social studies for you.
                              A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X