Trump National monuments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    The expansion into the Old West virtually all land was owned by the Feds.

A lot of what the Feds hold today is held because its worthless.
    Your quite mistaken, there's lots of rare earths that are going unclaimed due to the previous administrations restrictions. When this settles down I'm headed off to make some land claims and sell them for some serious $$$...
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
      Quite likely that it was either homesteaded or done through a mineral claim...

I'm gonna keep a eye on this, could be some good land to stake a claim on...
      Don't get your hopes up they closed that loops whole a while back.

The Forest Service at one time use to do 100 year leases that you could build on for summer homes and such as part of getting people to the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by FTCS View Post
        In simple terms NO
        So, that the feds own about 90% + of Nevada isn't enough land? How about the 45% or so they own in Arizona and California?

In simple terms, YES. The feds own egregiously too much land in the West.

Comment

...the government shouldn't be in the business of providing recreation/etc
          ...if the land is not being used to generate money/or used for government operation/etc--it's a waste
          ...sure, keep some lands as National Monuments
          but stop making new ones that are ridiculous--money wasters

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...31e_story.html
          Last edited by Moulin; 11 May 17, 12:15.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X