Treyvon Martin gets Honary Degree.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treyvon Martin gets Honary Degree.

Just when you thought you heard the end of BS....

An aviation school in Florida is honoring Trayvon Martin with a posthumous degree at its commencement this month.

Florida Memorial University, a historically black college, announced in a Facebook post Wednesday that the 17-year-old, who was gunned down by a neighborhood watchman in 2012, will receive a bachelor’s degree in aeronautical science with a concentration in flight education on May 13.

The degree will honor the “steps he took during his young life toward becoming a pilot.” His parents, Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin, will accept the degree on his behalf.

The university’s president, Roslyn Clark, said that awarding the posthumous degree is important for the school and noted that Fulton is an alumna of the HBCU.

“Of special significance is awarding posthumously the Bachelor of Science Degree in Aviation to Trayvon Martin. Sybrina, our alum, epitomizes strength and dignity as she uplifts other victims of violence while effecting change for a more equal and just society,” Clark said in the press release.
    Whatever.....

Capitalizing on a dead teen. Shame on them.
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Florida Memorial University
    How appropriate...
    You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

I didn't realize pounding someone's head into a sidewalk was a step toward becoming a pilot?
      "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Originally posted by jonny87kz View Post
        I didn't realize pounding someone's head into a sidewalk was a step toward becoming a pilot?
        Well.....he flew into a rage.....
        Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

This is an example of why I rarely take liberals serious. How do you defend this? Black thug couldn't even get an Associates Degree in Respect and they honor this punk, give me a break.
            My worst jump story:
            My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
            As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
            No lie.

~
            "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

yes, I agree---ridiculous ''Honorary'' Degree

most of these police shootings are justified
              they are shooting criminals/career criminals/someone who has just committed a crime/a crime has been reproted
              --they usually shoot someone who has been given a lawful order by authorities to submit/get down/etc--but then these criminals resist--

but, I'll be fair and unbiased
              --Zimmerman was totally wrong in what he did
              1. TM was not committing a crime, a crime was not reported..TM was just walking 'home'
              2. Z-without even meeting or knowing TM, without TM doing anything but walking--calls him an ''A$$hole--
              --this shows hatred/aggressiveness--this shows obsession to the point where Z cannot think clearly/etc

key point:
              3.Z shows he cannot think/cannot analyze/has wrong and premeditated ideas/thoughts/etc when he says: more or less
              --he's coming to check me out--he's staring at me
              ----he does not realize--he is so absorbed and obsessed with being a hero--he does not think of the obvious answer--which is, TM is cautious/alarmed/''staring at Z'' because Zimmerman is aggressively following him !!!
              not because he's on drugs/doing something wrong/etc!

3. Zimmerman is not wise enough [ no common sense--stupid ] to know not to be caught in a bad tactical situation ---aggressively following someone--and doing it in the dark !
              TM was doing nothing wrong -- he was just walking
              4. the other difference between the police shootings is Z was not an authority figure

it is quite obvious Z initiated a problem--when there wasn't one
              and then Z escalated it by continually following

--we want people to be on the look out--keep a good eye out for ''ne'er do wells''---strangers

but you have to have common sense
              Mr Hero thought ''everyone'' was a threat
              Last edited by Moulin; 06 May 17, 10:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin View Post
                yes, ridiculous ''Honorary'' Degree

they are shooting criminals/career criminals/someone who has just committed a crime
                --they usually shoot someone who has been given a lawful order by authorities to submit/get down/etc--but then these criminals resist--

1. TM was not committing a crime, a crime was not reported..TM was just walking 'home'
                2. Z-without even meeting or knowing TM, without TM doing anything but walking--calls him an ''A$$hole--
                --this shows hatred/aggressiveness--this shows obsession to the point where Z cannot think clearly/etc
                3.Z shows he cannot think/cannot analyze/has wrong premeditated ideas/thoughts/etc when he says: more or less
                ----he does not realize--he is so absorbed and obsessed with being a hero--he does not think of the obvious answer--TM is cautious/alarmed because Zimmerman is aggressively following him !!!
                3. Zimmerman is not wise enough [ no common sense--stupid ] to know not to be caught in a bad tactical situation ---aggressively following someone--and doing it in the dark !
                4. the other difference between the police shootings is Z was not an authority figure

--we want people to be on the look out--keep a good eye out for ''ne'er do wells''---strangers

I agree with most of what you are saying but the fact that Zimmerman was a jerk doesn't make Martin a saint. There is a line that is crossed when someone takes a step to transform a situation involving bad behavior into one involving violence.

Comment

Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
                  I agree with most of what you are saying but the fact that Zimmerman was a jerk doesn't make Martin a saint. There is a line that is crossed when someone takes a step to transform a situation involving bad behavior into one involving violence.
                  thanks for your reply
                  that's correct--true

I see:
                  1. Z shows a lot of agression
                  2. Z initiates the problem and initiates the final ''meeting''---Z goes after TM--by car ... and then on foot !
                  --TM could've been 'standing his ground'--yes?
                  no one knows TM's version of what happened

a lot of guys--especially young ones---will stop and want to know why someone would be aggressively following them--yes?
                  they have every right to ''stand'' where they are--when the aggressor approaches them--this is defensive--
                  the aggressor is coming at them
                  Last edited by Moulin; 06 May 17, 11:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

Whatever.....

I didn't know that being a street thug was part of "pilot" training. Must be an interesting flight school for wannabe 9/11 pilots.

I wonder how many black teens who are really trying to educate themselves and make a go of it deserve such honors and never get them.
                    Like the Army taught me: "Screw up and move up."
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

thanks for your reply
                      that's correct--true

I see:
                      2. Z initiates the problem and initiates the final ''meeting''---Z goes after TM--by car ... and then on foot !

a lot of guys--especially young ones---will stop and want to know why someone would be aggressively following them--yes?
                      they have every right to ''stand'' where they are--when the aggressor approaches them--this is defensive--
                      I guess you missed all of the testimony about Martin's track record. He was never innocent in any way whatsoever. However, you're allowing your opinion to sidetrack you from the discussion.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

yes, I agree---ridiculous ''Honorary'' Degree

they are shooting criminals/career criminals/someone who has just committed a crime/a crime has been reproted

key point:
                        3.Z shows he cannot think/cannot analyze/has wrong and premeditated ideas/thoughts/etc when he says: more or less
                        ----he does not realize--he is so absorbed and obsessed with being a hero--he does not think of the obvious answer--which is, TM is cautious/alarmed/''staring at Z'' because Zimmerman is aggressively following him !!!
                        not because he's on drugs/doing something wrong/etc!

You are well off base here.

Martin was pending charges on multiple property crimes. He jumped the fence into a gated community which he had no business entering (a crime in the state of Florida). The rumors (at best) that the media made about his route did not hold up when statements had to be made under oath.

Z was a duly appointed member of a chapter of a nationally organized program: Neighborhood Watch. Sponsored by the Department of Justice.

He did not follow Martin, who was at that time in the commission of a crime; rather, he followed protocol set by the Department of Justice and merely kept Martin in visual range. Keeping in mind that Z had a right to travel those streets as he wished, Martin did not. Keeping in mind that a citizen has a duty to prevent the consequences of a crime in progress if able.

Z remained in his truck until asked by the 911 call-taker to confirm the intersection, whereupon he exited his vehicle and walked to the street signs, still on a recorded line, whereupon Martin reversed course and attacked him without provocation.

So no, Z did not initiate the problem; Martin broke the law.

Nor does the issue of an 'authority figure' come into play in self-defense issues.

Before you assess tactics, make sure you have the facts, not rumor, and the legal standards involved.

The entire court transcript is available on line. I've read all 1600 pages. The reality of that night has little in common with what the media published.
                        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

Whatever.....

Well, it was the most productive thing the Martin did in a life of gangs, drugs, and thievery.

Given his size, its hard to think of him as a teen. More valuable members of society his age were serving in the military.

Z saved the state of Florida millions in court costs and prison housing over the course of Martin's lifetime. I suppose it would be tacky to honor hisa action, though.
                          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

thanks for your reply
                            that's correct--true

I see:

I do not think your account is very good, Z did not fallow him by car, the lay out of the place, locations described and position of car when the events unfolded make that impossible for Z to have followed by car.

Keep in mind Z was "Security", and was looking at a young guy who he had no knowledge of looking a bit shifty (looking at windows), when their had been previous brake ins before (recently as well).

Per the time line of the Zs phone call, he was in view of the club house where TM was under, in under a minute from the start of the call TM starts walking toward Z, at some point TM notices Z looking at him but keeps walking, by about 2 min hes looking at Z ("he's staring at me") and reaches the truck Z is in, at around this point TM starts running toward a cut through it's at this point that Z gets out of the Truck to follow, but in under 30 seconds Z it seems has lost sight of TM and seems to make to the street (cars are heard) and talks where the cops should meet him, at this point he starts to head back and the call ends, in the intervening 2ish minutes from the end of Zs call (~7:14) to the final confrontation at about 7:16 pm.

TM it seems started running at around 7:11:40, Z seems to get out of the car and goes after him around 7:11:40-50 seconds, by around 7:12:10 he seems to have given up, Zs call ends at roughly 7:13:40, with the final confrontation starting at around 7:15:30 (with the fatal shot occurring just before 7:17).

TM had all the time in the world to make it home (it's more than doable in under 2 minutes given the approximate distances involved), yet they ended up confronting each other barely 200ish feet from where they started (parked truck).

Comment

This may seem to come from nowhere but Treyvon Martin truly was interested in aviation, both as pilot and mechanic.

This is an article from 2012 where it mentions his interest in aviation.

Martin spent his freshman year and much of his sophomore year at Carol City, where on Thursday, more than 1,000 students walked out to honor him and fight for justice in the case.

His first year there, Martin would spend mornings at the high school — a roomy campus of cream buildings in Miami Gardens — and then go to George T. Baker Aviation School for the rest of the school day. Inspired by his uncle, Ronald Fulton, who had a brief career in aviation, Martin saw his future in planes.

"He loved flying and working with his hands. Barrington Irving took him on his plane at the Opa-Locka Airport. He got a chance to sit in the cockpit and that did it for him,'' said Fulton, referring to the youngest person and first black person to pilot a plane around the world solo in 2007. "He wanted to be a pilot or work as a mechanic in aviation. He was mechanically inclined and could fix just about anything.''
                              http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...planes/1221425

I don't understand why some people refuse to believe he was typically a good kid.
                              "Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" George Carlin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X