Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M Obama meals - typical idiocy

so they are trying to scrap M Obama's ''feel good'' meal plan

..as someone with firsthand knowledge, I can say this was a big waste of money/time/etc !!
    ..my relative works at a school that has to implement this ridiculous policy
    ...just like a lot of other ''feel good/good on paper ''laws'', these people that make these laws might go to elite schools/colleges/etc, but they don't have common sense to think about reality

...at the schools they had to take time and money to change the menus,
    --then they have to FORCE the kids to take a fruit...my relative says the kids just don't eat them and they get thrown away/etc !!
    [ if my kid went to one of these schools--they would've been sued out of their @@@@!! ] they can eat as much fattening foods as they want
    ----FORCING someone to ''eat'' what they don't want ??!!
    is this not un-American??!!!!! trying to tell someone else's children what to eat ?? !!!
    ...of course because MObama started this, it is seen as ok ..???!!!!?
    it's seen as good for America! ? total crap
    she looks like she needs some dieting

a lot of public school children are dropping out/poor grades/etc, and she came up with this ??!?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...unch-plan.html
    Last edited by Moulin; 29 Apr 17, 18:44.

The First Mama was big on hating any sort of individual rights.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
      yes of all people that should know about that

let me add to my original post

“Schools are throwing food away that students are not eating.”
      The regulations have proven to be burdensome and unworkable for schools to implement,”
      above quotes from original link

my relative has been telling me stories for a long time about this exact quote
      what the quote is saying is exactly what I said--they don't think realistically!
      wasting Democrat and Republican tax payers $$$--
      Last edited by Moulin; 29 Apr 17, 19:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
        Agreed.

Serving healthy food at school appears to be a decent proposition at first. The problem is that if the parents are not there, kids will eat what they like, not need. Kids don't generally know about nutrition, and if they do, don't care. They will waste food they don't like.

It should (almost) never be the states role to make the children eat healthy(, unless few other options exist).

I understand her opinion, but it is totally wrong. If children eat badly, its almost always the parents fault. A major clue in spotting bad parents is if their kids are too fat or thin.
        How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
        Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
          Agreed.

Serving healthy food at school appears to be a decent proposition at first. The problem is that if the parents are not there, kids will eat what they like, not need. Kids don't generally know about nutrition, and if they do, don't care. They will waste food they don't like.

It should (almost) never be the states role to make the children eat healthy(, unless few other options exist).

I understand her opinion, but it is totally wrong. If children eat badly, its almost always the parents fault. A major clue in spotting bad parents is if their kids are too fat or thin.
          ...parents are very responsible for how the kids grow physically, socially, mentally, etc--except in certain cases
          ..I hardly ever drink soda and always order water at restaurants--my kids do the same [ saves me a little money ]..they like to exercise, as I do...
          ..I drank a lot of cold tea and Kool-Aid [ ]when I was a kid..I guess cause it was cheaper than soda ....?
          ..my father was big on eating moderate portions, and so am I , and my kids also....we always share a meal if we go out to eat

Comment

But it was for the children!
            Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
            Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

It cost US public school systems tens of millions in failed menus.

The kids hated it. The parents hated it. The taxpayers hated it.

It also created a lucrative black market for "alternative" junk food that the students and even teachers got in on.

Michelle Obama's school lunch program was a 150% + failure in how to use the force of big government to create failure, criminal enterprises, and teach kids how to mess with authority. It was a fail on every level and in every way.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                Agreed.

I remember something happened similar to the linked article also happened to a British mom:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/mom-lun...ry?id=30674158
                Last edited by Salinator; 29 Apr 17, 22:05.
                Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

I remember eating in school cafeterias almost 20 years ago. The best ones had a regular menu plan, but allowed a cheeseburgers and fries line and a salad bar. That seems the best way to go for me. My DeQuincy High School made enough money on Lunch to give out Cinnamon Buns for Breakfast for the Poor kids!

My ten years of public school lunches were not that great. The first year in High School they ran out of food before Third Lunch! The mental giants in charge based the amount of food needed by what was used the year before. No one brought up that the Cafeteria was closed the year before and most kids could eat off campus or bring a sack lunch. I did learn to love Cheese Toast...

Pruitt
                  Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Bring Your Own Lunch?

I remember bringing my own Lunch at least twice my Senior year. I wrapped up a 16oz can of Schlitz and left it in my locker! I drank it there and threw the evidence away.

Pruitt
                    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

So, here's an alternative:

1) I'm sure that school cooks actually know how to make relatively good tasting meals that are healthy. After all, cooks in institutional environments have been doing that for decades prior to Michelle's Dining Program. So, with that in mind, just have local/state authorities go back to regulating like they were 20 years ago when I was in school and the nutrition was quite adequate.

2) Remove the 'snack bar' and remove corporate items like drink machines and such from cafeterias. While I am unabashed about adults having the freedom to choose, a 10 year old simply does not have the knowledge base, nor the willpower to choose lasagna with green beans and a milk or juice over a Coke and Doritos at the same price point. One of the things we do on SWAT is regular training inside the schools to keep us intimately familiar with the layouts of all dozen or so that are our responsibility....and darn those places have chip racks as big as they do at Sheetz or Speedway.

In short, you don't need a 'new program', just as we didn't need that one. We need a return to the days before corporate America was putting their products directly in the schools, and when the 'cafeteria ladies' were making the vast majority of the food available.....you either brought your lunch, or you bought what was available.
                      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

She was not proud of being an American until her clown was elected, should tell you something about her.
                        My worst jump story:
                        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                        No lie.

~
                        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

I think we are mainly dealing with K-8. High school is a whole different animal, where only the highly financially challenged kids actually eat cafeteria breakfast or lunch ala government. Private high schools and public high schools in more affluent districts have food courts occupied by private establishments that includes mostly fast food franchises. Some even have catering trucks come right unto the campuses.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

This is Salon, a usually Left leaning publication on it

http://www.salon.com/2010/02/16/open...chool_lunches/

Which would you want?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                              This is Salon, a usually Left leaning publication on it

http://www.salon.com/2010/02/16/open...chool_lunches/

Which would you want?

In this case, I think the photos are intentionally misleading.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X