Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sean Spicer, Chemical Weapons, and the Holocaust

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
    He violated a simple rule, don't compare any current event to Hitler/Nazi Germany. Nothing good can come of it. As Press Sec he should have known this.
    I am going to agree with you with the following caveat.
    The next time Pruneface Pelosi calls a republican a Nazi you will be the first to criticize her.
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
      I am going to agree with you with the following caveat.
      The next time Pruneface Pelosi calls a republican a Nazi you will be the first to criticize her.
      I don't think that you can compare the two, because don't you think that we should expect different standards from the White House press officer during a briefing and Pruneface Pelosi ranting away?

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
        I am going to agree with you with the following caveat.
        The next time Pruneface Pelosi calls a republican a Nazi you will be the first to criticize her.
        I did not criticize the Press Sec in this thread. Simply pointed out facts.
        “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
        “To talk of many things:
        Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        And why the sea is boiling hot—
        And whether pigs have wings.”
        ― Lewis Carroll

        Comment


        • #34
          You all are missing something here. You forget you all are on this military history forum and are all military history enthusiasts, so have a lot of knowledge about Hitler and chem warfare etc. How many of the general public would have any idea of what to say if you asked them, "Did Hitler use gas in World War II?" 99% percent of people would say "How would I know?" or "Of course, he was a Nazi." But Spicer stood up and made that statement out of the clear blue sky, off the top of his head. He MUST be a closet military history fan. Well, well, we never would have guessed.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Hitler bombed and bombarded the Warsaw Ghetto, which contained ONLY Jews. History rears its ugly head...again.

            Because they were locked up there . Assad did not lock up people to bomb them .

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by JFKvsNixon View Post
              That is one the lamest arguments that I've heard, I mean really? You're willing to let Assad off the hook for using chemical weapons against mothers and their children unless someone can produce a written order specifying those actions.

              Your other argument that Assad used aircraft to kill civilians rather than chemical weapons is beyond lame, it's pathetic.

              The thing is the nature of chemical warfare, along with other weapons of mass destruction, means that it kills indiscriminately. So in allowing his military to use these weapons in an area where you can expect to find women and children makes Assad responsible for their deaths. It really is that simple.
              Repeating that Assad used CW against women and children,without producing any proof, makes your claims nor reliable .

              Bombs and grenades also kill indiscriminately .


              During the battle of Aachen, German women and children also were killed .

              The presence of civilians in the town of Khan Shaikhun benefited ISIS,as was the presence of civilians in Mosul, the presence of civilians in Tokyo, Hiroshima, Dresden, etc, thus there is no reason for whining if some of them were unintentionally killed .

              To kill civilians intentionally is a crime, to kill them unintentionally is not a crime .

              All the rest is propaganda and hypocrisy : when ISIS used CW,resulting in civilian casualties, none protested .

              It was impossible to attack Khab Shaikun without civilian losses as it is impossible to attack Mosul without civilian losses as were civilian losses inevitable when the US attacked the airfield with cruise-missiles .

              WEAPONS WHO KILL ONLY MILITARY DO NOT EXIST .

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                Repeating that Assad used CW against women and children,without producing any proof, makes your claims nor reliable .

                Bombs and grenades also kill indiscriminately .


                During the battle of Aachen, German women and children also were killed .

                The presence of civilians in the town of Khan Shaikhun benefited ISIS,as was the presence of civilians in Mosul, the presence of civilians in Tokyo, Hiroshima, Dresden, etc, thus there is no reason for whining if some of them were unintentionally killed .

                To kill civilians intentionally is a crime, to kill them unintentionally is not a crime .

                All the rest is propaganda and hypocrisy : when ISIS used CW,resulting in civilian casualties, none protested .

                It was impossible to attack Khab Shaikun without civilian losses as it is impossible to attack Mosul without civilian losses as were civilian losses inevitable when the US attacked the airfield with cruise-missiles .

                WEAPONS WHO KILL ONLY MILITARY DO NOT EXIST .
                I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but is not me who is claiming that chemical weapons were used, it was the claim of the medical teams who were treating the casualties, I'm just repeating it. Surprisingly, I don't actually hold that much sway over the worlds press, so I'm happy to sort out that little issue for you.

                Thanks for inventing another load of arguments that you now seem to want me to defend, but I'm not going to play that little game, life is far to short.

                I'm also not really that interested in trying to change the mind of someone who has the opinion that it's okay to use chemical weapons in an environment where there is no doubt that the families will get caught up in the horror of the attack.

                It's fine you're welcome to your opinion.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by JFKvsNixon View Post
                  Spicer's rebranding of the German execution camps as being Holocaust centres was particularly spectacular.
                  Agree.

                  For whatever reason, it is incorrect historically and borders on the unethical.
                  We are not now that strength which in old days
                  Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                  Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                  To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Massena View Post
                    The key word for the death camps is 'gas chambers.' You would have thought that he would have picked up on that, especially as the US Holocaust Museum is right down the street.

                    The gas chambers, Zyklon B, and the death camps are explained quite well there.
                    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                      Because they were locked up there . Assad did not lock up people to bomb them .
                      Really? Now where were those villagers supposed to go in the middle of a war zone without reliable mass transportation?

                      The real problem with history is that no one bothers to read or understand it any more, or to understand how today relates to yesterday and to tomorrow.

                      Next thing you'll be telling us that the Kurds that Saddam gassed had a chance to go somewhere else, too.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post

                        Millions of Jews, Gypsies, Russians, Ukrainians, Poles, mentally defective and politically unreliable were slaughtered without even being anywhere near a death camp.

                        The problem here on this forum is truly unbelievable - no one actually seems to know anything about the real history of the Second Great Unpleasantness, and that reveals a major fault in our educational system and our perception of history.

                        This is a history forum. If you don't know what actually happened, look it up.
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                          I did not criticize the Press Sec in this thread. Simply pointed out facts.
                          You said comparing current events to Nazi/Hitler is a violation of a basic rule.
                          Basic rules usually apply to everyone, unless the violation is committed by a democrat.
                          Then everyone else is a Nazi/Hilter, if I understood you...
                          Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                          Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Really? Now where were those villagers supposed to go in the middle of a war zone without reliable mass transportation?
                            By foot ?

                            Or using the transportation that was used to transport the wounded to Turkey

                            Besides :why did they decide to remain in a war zone where it was not safe ?

                            These people preferred not to leave their villages and to continue to live in a ISIS stronghold . They suffered the same fate as the inhabitants of Mosul who also preferred to remain in their city only leaving when they were liberated .

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by JFKvsNixon View Post
                              I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but is not me who is claiming that chemical weapons were used, it was the claim of the medical teams who were treating the casualties, I'm just repeating it.

                              1 ) you mean doctors as Shajul Islam, suspended as doctor for his role in the kidnapping of western journalists and whose brother has joined ISIS ?

                              2 ) I never said that CW were not used


                              3 ) It was not the claim of medical teams (there is no proof that there were medical teams ) but the claim of media who concealed the fact that ISIS also used CW .

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X