Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manafort firm received Ukraine ledger payout

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Manafort firm received Ukraine ledger payout

    WASHINGTON (AP) Last August, a handwritten ledger surfaced in Ukraine with dollar amounts and dates next to the name of Paul Manafort, who was then Donald Trump's campaign chairman.

    Ukrainian investigators called it evidence of off-the-books payments from a pro-Russian political party and part of a larger pattern of corruption under the country's former president. Manafort, who worked for the party as an international political consultant, has publicly questioned the ledger's authenticity.

    Now, financial records newly obtained by The Associated Press confirm that at least $1.2 million in payments listed in the ledger next to Manafort's name were actually received by his consulting firm in the United States. They include payments in 2007 and 2009, providing the first evidence that Manafort's firm received at least some money listed in the so-called Black Ledger.

    The two payments came years before Manafort became involved in Trump's campaign, but for the first time bolster the credibility of the ledger. They also put the ledger in a new light, as federal prosecutors in the U.S. have been investigating Manafort's work in Eastern Europe as part of a larger anti-corruption probe.
    http://bigstory.ap.org/article/20cfc...-ex-trump-aide

  • #2
    So a consulting form consulted.

    Who could possibly have anticipated that?
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

    Comment


    • #3
      Definitely not the Democrats, the CIA, the NSA, DHS or much of anybody else, for that matter.

      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
        So a consulting form consulted.

        Who could possibly have anticipated that?
        And lied about it. Though again, considering his work expertise, lying isn't exactly uncommon. Add into that Ukraine - a nation synonymous with corruption - and it surely is "surprising".

        I imagine some "I don't recall" commentary in the future could be a possibility.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
          And lied about it. Though again, considering his work expertise, lying isn't exactly uncommon. Add into that Ukraine - a nation synonymous with corruption - and it surely is "surprising".

          I imagine some "I don't recall" commentary in the future could be a possibility.
          I seem to recall that Manafort was accused of connection with Russian agents and that Trump himself had said that Manafort's firm worked with Ukrainians.

          All that fake news is getting you spun around and confused.........
          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

          Prayers.

          BoRG

          http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Salinator View Post
            I seem to recall that Manafort was accused of connection with Russian agents and that Trump himself had said that Manafort's firm worked with Ukrainians.

            All that fake news is getting you spun around and confused.........
            Didn't read the article, did you?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
              Didn't read the article, did you?
              No, don't want to and don't care. It means nothing to anyone other than Trump-haters. But it does seems that he is vindicated as far as Russians are concerned. Will the Trump-haters and Anti-Trump media ever admit they were full of it?
              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

              Prayers.

              BoRG

              http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                No, don't want to and don't care. It means nothing to anyone other than Trump-haters. But it does seems that he is vindicated as far as Russians are concerned. Will the Trump-haters and Anti-Trump media ever admit they were full of it?


                The truth burns them!
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                  No, don't want to and don't care. It means nothing to anyone other than Trump-haters. But it does seems that he is vindicated as far as Russians are concerned. Will the Trump-haters and Anti-Trump media ever admit they were full of it?
                  So you fully admit you don't even read what is said, don't care to understand what they're talking about, but you still know it is factually wrong.

                  That is American politics in a nutshell.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                    So you fully admit you don't even read what is said, don't care to understand what they're talking about, but you still know it is factually wrong.

                    That is American politics in a nutshell.
                    No, I think it is based upon the OP's posting habits.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                      No, I think it is based upon the OP's posting habits.
                      Which would only be known if read. It's a Catch-22, claiming to not read something while still understanding just what is posted.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                        Which would only be known if read. It's a Catch-22, claiming to not read something while still understanding just what is posted.
                        The thread title and a clear knowledge of the poster's biases and shortcomings is sufficient.

                        You don't get figs from a tomato vine.
                        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                          The thread title and a clear knowledge of the poster's biases and shortcomings is sufficient.

                          You don't get figs from a tomato vine.
                          And that's two red marks: judging content from a title alone, and an ad hominem fallacy.

                          To turn this into a trifecta, I imagine neither statement will be backed up by anything concrete in response either. Which is, again, American politics in a nutshell.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            No, but a broken clock is right twice a day.

                            I'm afraid you can't call someone else a Trump bigot based on your own bigotry towards him.
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              No, but a broken clock is right twice a day.

                              I'm afraid you can't call someone else a Trump bigot based on your own bigotry towards him.
                              Quite right. Good thing nobody has called anyone a bigot here, Trump or otherwise.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X