No announcement yet.

Another Family Values Conservative Bites The Dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 'definition' is 'what my family values', MM... that's my point.

It ain't for me to define the values of somebody else's family...

But the whole '"Family Values" narrative so often employed as some sorta pox on your house, or mine, is entirely non-relevant to the fact that this man is a sleaze ball.

Lest we invoke that Slick Willie is, at the very least, equally as much the same thing.

That would pretty much take care of the 'Democrat' thang, too!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Slick Willie was at least charismatic.

The Doctor Governor Doofus not so much. Seriously when he was sworn in he said that he had to be addressed as Doctor Governor or Governor Doctor. This jerk is a dermatologist, for crying out loud.

Slick Willie got a BJ from a chubby intern.

This old fool got taken by a couple that pimped the wife out. His defense of "no intercourse" even makes it worse. He got took to the cleaners and didn't even get any.

And he very much got cleaned out since his side piece phone and his wife's ipad were synced to the same cloud account.

Comment

Does anyone else find it odd that we celebrate infidelity in our entertainment, throw tons of money and fame at rock and movie stars when they exhibit promiscuity, then we freak out when politicians fail as humans?

Who exactly is the hypocrite?
        Them, or us?
        Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
        Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

The problem isn't the infidelity, it's the felonies he committed while covering it up
          First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
            The problem isn't the infidelity, it's the felonies he committed while covering it up
            If only he acted more like Mick Jagger and carried out his debauchery in public....
            Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.

Comment

Again, I literally don't care about his perfectly legal personal life. I care about the crimes committed in office as he tried to cover up his skeletons.
              First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                Does anyone else find it odd that we celebrate infidelity in our entertainment, throw tons of money and fame at rock and movie stars when they exhibit promiscuity, then we freak out when politicians fail as humans?

Who exactly is the hypocrite?
                Them, or us?
                All of us.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post

But the whole '"Family Values" narrative so often employed as some sorta pox on your house, or mine, is entirely non-relevant to the fact that this man is a sleaze ball.

Lest we invoke that Slick Willie is, at the very least, equally as much the same thing.

Thank you for proving my point and making it clear that no ne on this forum can even hope to discuss "family values", let alone criticize anyone else for theirs.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                    Story broke a year ago, he has been fighting it for a year. The state GOP closed their eyes until about two months ago. Sorry deflection to Dems noted and not successful.
                    If I might, would that head in the sand approach simply have been to avoid a scandal during the election - and now that Trump is in power and the elections are finished, they can safely allow it to burn out?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Thank you for proving my point and making it clear that no ne on this forum can even hope to discuss "family values", let alone criticize anyone else for theirs.
                      How long did it take for the democrats to finally shed Anthony Wiener?

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                        If I might, would that head in the sand approach simply have been to avoid a scandal during the election - and now that Trump is in power and the elections are finished, they can safely allow it to burn out?
                        I don't think that is the case here DoD. This really has been drug out for so long by the former Gov. who still claims nothing has went down. Heck listen to his resignation speech, he makes it out like God has called him to a higher calling. Most politicians would have the sense to know it was over and slink off after the wife divorced them and took everything. Old Gov said he hadn't done anything, but he had prayed to God for forgiveness so it was all good. Also if I recall correctly there were some questions about the whole impeachment thing and Alabama's wet mess of a Constitution (worlds longest btw).

Besides after the Republicans in Alabama have run after Democrats to chase after they have sort of been devouring there own. We did hit the trifecta of the heads of all three branches of government getting tossed.

I just cant wait to see what we will elect next.

Comment

Originally posted by MM
                          Originally posted by Admiral

Thank you for proving my point and making it clear that no one on this forum can even hope to discuss "family values", let alone criticize anyone else for theirs.
                          Nah, I prove nothing of the sort, mate... That's just my opinion. Like any & all others, results may vary just as much as any families values vary. It ain't rocket science that the term when used as a pejorative so often really ain't nothing but another kind of typical bigotry.

Odd, how that crap works, enh.

Just as odd that all to many people think bigot means racist... It don't. To say a racist is a bigot is most certainly true. To say that a bigot is a racist is as likely not true, as it is. We are all bigots jn one fashion or another, but (and in the same sentence, even) I doubt many of us at all are racists.

None of this changes the fact that this former Governor is an ass-hat.

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Family values ?

Love your children , teach them right from wrong , teach them to look at where the sun rises , show them that life is a gift .
                            Make well balanced adults of them ,and one day they save the world.
                            The rest is blah blah.
                            That rug really tied the room together

Comment

My folks turned off the tv and helped me with the home work till they understood I got the lesson. After dinner homework was something that I passed on to the daughter...
                              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X