Senate confirms Neil Gorsuch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senate confirms Neil Gorsuch!

WASHINGTON - The Republican-led Senate on Friday gave Donald Trump the biggest triumph of his young presidency, confirming his Supreme Court nominee over stout Democratic opposition and restoring a conservative majority on the highest U.S. judicial body.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...r-trump-senate
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Main objective for voting for Trump achieved.

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post

Tuebor
      Mine as well!
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post

Tuebor
        Yup. Everything else is a bonus.

If Kennedy retires and we get a second appointee it will be gravy.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
          Yup. Everything else is a bonus.

If Kennedy retires and we get a second appointee it will be gravy.
          I was thinking more like Ginsburg keels over dead... She's 84 right now. That would be a mortal blow to the Progressive Left. They'd be looking at a Centrist to Conservative Supreme Court well into the 30's if that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            I was thinking more like Ginsburg keels over dead... She's 84 right now. That would be a mortal blow to the Progressive Left. They'd be looking at a Centrist to Conservative Supreme Court well into the 30's if that happened.
            Interesting times.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              Actually I wouldn't mind either Kagan or Latin Woman (whatever that is) to drop dead. Imagine the outrage from Progressive Left if their younger judges are knocked out dead, it'd be far worse than Ginsburg dropping dead.

As far I am concerned, we need all four liberal judges to drop dead like right now. As a bonus, I'd like to see Kennedy out as well.
              Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Well, seems like Trump's steamroller keeps grinding forward, to our benefit. I may not like him personally, but I am damned relieved that he's doing what he said he would do so far.
                The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
                  Actually I wouldn't mind either Kagan or Latin Woman (whatever that is) to drop dead. Imagine the outrage from Progressive Left if their younger judges are knocked out dead, it'd be far worse than Ginsburg dropping dead.

As far I am concerned, we need all four liberal judges to drop dead like right now. As a bonus, I'd like to see Kennedy out as well.
                  Kagan is 57
                  Sotomeyer is 63
                  Kennedy is 81
                  Breyer is 79

Ginsburg is the oldest right now and well over the median life expectancy in the US. I also think she's easily the worst justice on the bench. Remember her interview in Egypt where she basically said she thinks the US Constitution is $h!+ and should be rewritten to resemble that of South Africa...? Which has a lot of the same stuff the 3rd Soviet Constitution had in it. Really good sounding Progressive ideas that were completely unrealistic and unworkable.

Comment

Are you guys actually hoping Supreme Court justices should die?
                    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                      Why not? Liberals would do the same thing to us if our positions were reversed.

As that may be, I don't wish any ill will toward liberal judges other than the usual partisanship. It's not like I'm drawing up plans to gun them down or sneak in a few poison pills to be dropped into their cups of coffee or whatever they like to drink.
                      Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Everyone dies. Best to plan ahead.

Comment

No. I'm just pointing out that the odds are pretty good one will on Trump's watch based on age. If it happens, it happens. I wish that on no one, but nobody lives forever. Ginsburg seems the most likely based on age.

Speculation about what would happen afterwards is within the realm of political discussion.

Comment

In the case of Ginsburg, yes.

Tuebor

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X