Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And Who Believes Russia is Not an Enemy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
    Including McCain? How do you keep it unbiased like the 911 Commission if the only choosers are from one party?
    The topic is nonsense, so the only real goal of such a board would be to **** off the DNC.

For that you need GOP selection.

You are missing the point of this entire business: it isn't about the Russians.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

There are several members here that are about to embark on a vacation if they rather discuss each other rather than remaining focused on the subject matter of the thread.

The choice is yours.

ACG Staff
      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
        The topic is nonsense, so the only real goal of such a board would be to **** off the DNC.

For that you need GOP selection.

You are missing the point of this entire business: it isn't about the Russians.
        Maybe it's your benevolent trusting ways that make you think that. Or it might be my suspicious nature that makes me overly suspicious of both Russian interference in the last election and Trump-Russian campaign coordination. If those strong suspicions I have could be put to rest then I would wish Trump nothing but the best.

Comment

Massena: Germany was no friend of ours through two world wars, but they are now. Japan was no friend of ours either, but they are now. No democracy can really trust a non democracy because they aren't held accountable, become corrupt, and they don't support the rule of law and the sanctity of treaties. But Russia could become a friend if it was a democracy that supported those things. Germany took three tries before democracy took. Russia has tried twice, maybe a third time will be a charm once Putin collapses.

Comment

Originally posted by Merkava188 View Post
            I think Russia is a serious threat to the U.S. in both Europe and Asia. Anyone who doesn't see it is as big a fool as Obama or Clinton.
            How? They have no power projection. They are a threat to their immediate neighbors, but not us. Russia<USSR by a long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
              How? They have no power projection. They are a threat to their immediate neighbors, but not us. Russia<USSR by a long shot.
              They seemed to have thrown United States into turmoil.

Comment

Just keep in mind Russia has been attacked by AQ type terrorists as has the USA, Saudi Arabia, Israel, and France. Russia like the USA and its allies have a common enemy in ISIL, AQ, Taliban.

Considering Russia has recently suffered another Terror attack....the US should consider following Israel and France by standing by Russia,

Mayor of Tel Aviv

@MayorOfTelAviv

In solidarity with our friends in #SaintPetersburg, #TelAviv city hall is lit tonight in the colors of the #Russian flag 🇷🇺🇮🇱
                1:54 PM - 3 Apr 2017

https://www.rt.com/viral/383372-pete...lidarity-flag/

Arnold J Rimmer, ....

On Syria your incorrect...the Syrians supported the US during the first gulf war. Syria has a rich and vibrant history...including being a part of the history of the Roman Empire. and Russia is allied to Israel.....Russia supports Syria so put two and two together partner...Israel and Syria are not as far apart as you think....Syrians and Israelis have similarity , both of them are largely Arab for example.
                Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Maybe it's your benevolent trusting ways that make you think that. Or it might be my suspicious nature that makes me overly suspicious of both Russian interference in the last election and Trump-Russian campaign coordination. If those strong suspicions I have could be put to rest then I would wish Trump nothing but the best.
                  Its because I'm an American and you are not. You don't get the tiny scope of this non-event.

It is political drama, pure and simple.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                    Its because I'm an American and you are not. You don't get the tiny scope of this non-event.

It is political drama, pure and simple.
                    maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Merkava188 View Post
                      I think Russia is a serious threat to the U.S. in both Europe and Asia. Anyone who doesn't see it is as big a fool as Obama or Clinton.
                      As it turned out Obama and Clinton have been the larger threat.
                      My worst jump story:
                      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                      No lie.

~
                      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

maybe
                        One thing to look at is this: the GOP won in Congressional and in record numbers of State elections.

So the Russians were able to affect one election, putting a GOP POTUS over a GOP Congress instead of an easily bought Dem.

If the Hillabeast had been elected, she would have been crippled into inactivity by a GOP congress, and vulnerable to blackmail over rigging her own party's convention, not to mention the embarrassments of tens of millions of foreign money into her foundation.

Russisa would benefit from an gridlocked USA.

Occam's Razor: helping the Hillabeast makes more sense than Trump the outsider.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                          So you choose Russians over your own countrymen just because you disagree with them politically.

That is monstrous.

Perhaps you should relocate to Russia? Or perhaps North Korea or Iran?

Good luck with that.
                          I don't consider Democrats as American or anyone else that shits on the US Constitution.
                          My worst jump story:
                          My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                          As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                          No lie.

~
                          "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by AJR
                            Occam's Razor: helping the Hillabeast makes more sense than Trump the outsider.
                            Trust me, that's not "Occams Razor", mate!

Long ago, William of Ockham put forth a worthy 'device' when engaging in research & debate of such contentious & wide ranging subjects. It is used not only by historians, but by the legal, business, scientific, ... communities where determination of truth, likeliest truth, or likeliest explanation of observable phenomena/conditions/trends/realities must be determined by as much fact as is available, & where empirical interpretation or evidence is, or has become, so much a part of the discussion or consideration in yielding up the probable. Though the empirical should never be completely outside the bounds of potential for explanation, it must be discounted when held in relation to, or comparison to known observed/observable facts... this, until such time as fact might become known which will lay its empirical nature to rest.

Occams Razor:

"pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate"
                            "Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora"
                            "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

My own preferred operative translation, in English terms:

That which requires the least fudging of facts... is most likely true.

Others:

One should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything.

The explanation requiring the fewest assumptions is most likely to be correct.

Stephen Hawking: "We could still imagine that there is a set of laws that determines events completely for some supernatural being, who could observe the present state of the universe without disturbing it. However, such models of the universe are not of much interest to us mortals. It seems better to employ the principle known as Occam's razor and cut out all the features of the theory that cannot be observed."

Isaac Newton: "We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances."

Ernst Mach: "Scientists must use the simplest means of arriving at their results and exclude everything not perceived by the senses."

Cheers!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Oh, & I still don't consider Russia an enemy...

Putin, I do!

Kinda like all the Crits think of the current pResident, here.

Sorry!
                              On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
                                Oh, & I still don't consider Russia an enemy...

Putin, I do!

Kinda like all the Crits think of the current pResident, here.

Sorry!
                                Agreed!

I'm still waiting to see specifics on how Russia manipulated the votes cast or their count ???

I don't see the revelations from Democrat emails having a significant factor in changing the way most citizens voted. Hilldabeast still got more than DJT, and from states she would already have carried and doubtful that the ones that voted for Trump weren't going to anyway. The voters not strongly in favor of, or already opposed to either, mostly look to have voted one of the "third" party choices.
                                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X