Is Fox News Imploding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Fox News Imploding?

More lawsuits are being levied against Fox News for sexual harassment.

The amount of money paid to help O'Reilly in his troubles is amazing.

And some of the best journalists on the channel have left.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fox...cid=spartandhp
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

We can sincerely hope faux rids themselves of that a-hole. I really loath both him and faux. Damn .

The parent company of Fox News is standing by star on-air talent Bill O’Reilly in the wake of a news report detailing multiple settlements of claims of sexual harassment against him. According to the New York Times, 21st Century Fox or O’Reilly have made payments totaling roughly $13 million to settle complaints made by women who worked as on-air contributors or producers during his time at the channel, which dates back to 1996, the year Fox News launched. O’Reilly is the host of “The O’Reilly Factor,” the news channel’s most popular show.
    In a statement, 21st Century Fox FOX, -0.66% said it takes these matters of “workplace behavior very seriously.”
    “Notwithstanding the fact that no current or former Fox News employee ever took advantage of the 21st Century Fox hotline to raise a concern about Bill O’Reilly, even anonymously, we have looked into these matters over the last few months and discussed them with Mr. O’Reilly,” 21st Century Fox said in the statement.
    “While he denies the merits of these claims, O’Reilly has resolved those he regarded as his personal responsibility. O’Reilly is fully committed to supporting our efforts to improve the environment for all our employees at Fox News.”

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bil...ims-2017-04-01
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Typical BS double-speak: they've paid out $13 million for problems that they don't admit exist.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Nope. It's just a run of the mill scandal unlike the Dan Rather CBS implosion of a few years back. This is the sort of office scandal big corporations have to deal with from time to time. Sex in the workplace is often a problem.

Comment

Sexual harassment in the workplace.*

O'Reilly is disgusting, old and angry. Really shows what Fox is about by standing by him.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

I would have been sued for sexual harassment if I worked there also...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNj0T4uK3lE

Comment

The Democrats seem to be the ones imploding.
              We hunt the hunters

Comment

The left just jerking Fox off. No cause for alarm, attention ****** are everywhere.
                My worst jump story:
                My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                No lie.

~
                "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Somehow I doubt they're worried about much... they can be just as wrong as the rest & still carry on like nothin happened!

SOSDD!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

They learned from the Clintons.
                    My worst jump story:
                    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                    No lie.

~
                    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Fox's genesis was inspired by the them.

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Now there's a thought!
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

The situation is worsening at Fox:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/03/medi...hp-toplead-dom

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/03/medi...nts/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/videos/cnnmoney/2...-sale.cnnmoney

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/02/medi...nts/index.html
                          We are not now that strength which in old days
                          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

So far, unlike Dan Rather, they haven't been caught fabricating stories...
                            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

To imply that sexual harassment is a lower offense?
                              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                              - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X