Where will the USA be in 2047?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where will the USA be in 2047?

30 years from now, will the USA be the #1 superpower of the world as it is now? What will the homeless rate be in 2047, how about the age of retirement in 2047?

I think it will be interesting to see where technology is at in 2047 and how advancements in the STEM field have affected the USA.

Imagine a USA where robots control 80% of the workplace....poverty would be a massive issue there would probably be more violence than one could imagine. Its going to be interesting to see how technology affects the job market in the future.

Considering the US is no longer isolationist...where will US foreign policy be in 2047?

I do wonder where will NK be in 2047. It is my hope that the Kim regime will be gone in 2047. It is my hope Russia and Iran will force NK to change. Russia, a great country that fights ISIL... is admired by conservatives and even a few democrats such as myself in the USA. But also like how some Americans dislike everything Russia...some Russians dislike everything American, and for that matter some Iranians dislike everything American. In order for the USA, Iran and Russia to improve relations with each other....each side needs to treat each other with respect.

Iran and Israel will possibly be allies by 2047....for the naysayers and doubters....note how much the world changes in a span of 30 years. In even 10 years time, the world has seen tremendous changes...by 2047 Israel and Iran could be best friends.

How about ISIL, NK and their effect on the USA in 2047? I sure hope ISIL is defeated and that Americans can safely visit Damascus and Baghdad by 2047. Other than some blowhard democrats and GOP members....many see Iran in a hopeful manner. After all the p5+1...to the dismay of Israel and Saudi Arabia...made a nuclear deal with Iran which was a beautiful thing. Those with Saudi and Israeli connections might complain about the "threat" of a nuclear armed Iran but this is not done out of concerns of world peace but rather because Israel and Saudi Arabia are currently rivals of Iran. The notion that Iran would launch a nuke at a random country does not add up...Israelis, Pakistanis(both from a nuclear armed country) and Iranians have a similar mindset in any event...these are folk who work hard, want to raise a good family but they would not launch a random nuke. So hopefully Israel and Saudi Arabia will be on good terms with Iran by 2047.

A few folk, mostly agenda driven media personalities in the USA, Israel and Saudi Arabia talk about the "Mullahs of Iran" but what about Saudi Arabia which is allied to the USA? The common Iranian and American have just as much in common with each other as the common Canadian and American. Civilian Americans can badmouth Iran as much as they want talking about how "immoral" Iran is...it has not changed the fact that the USA and Saudi are allied to this day. It would be a disgrace if females do not have the right to drive in Saudi Arabia by 2047...but it would arguably be even more disgraceful if the USA was still allied to a misogynistic Saudi Arabia in 2047.

Suggesting the USA should not pursue improved relations with Iran due to moral reasoning can not be used due to the Saudi-US Alliance. History shows that alliances made around the world were and are often not made on moral terms....but rather due to financial gain perhaps one day this will change...but this one may never change due to human issues.

In ending this post I will say that my hopes for the future are positive. Social media will play a role in bringing humanity closer together, closer then it has ever been.
    Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 27 Mar 17, 11:57.
    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

It's easy to find complete books on this. They outline the processes that supposedly (depends on the author) bring us to a dystopia or a utopia.

So choose wisely.

Comment

I won't friggin' care...I'll be 96, Donald Trump will be long gone and probably the Democratic party as well. My main thought will probably be if I can make it to the head without soiling myself...
      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
        I won't friggin' care...I'll be 96, Donald Trump will be long gone and probably the Democratic party as well. My main thought will probably be if I can make it to the head without soiling myself...
        Same here...

Comment

Originally posted by mconrad View Post
          It's easy to find complete books on this. They outline the processes that supposedly (depends on the author) bring us to a dystopia or a utopia.

So choose wisely.
          Easy peasy the USA will still be the worlds most prominant military power,but not strong enough to overpower 2 and 3 combined.The USA will be the second most pre eminant economic power.The USA will be unlikely to be very high in the list of 5 most pr eminant powers in the field of culture.And the way things are going the USA 9state wise) will be planet locked.IMHO.
          Wack tac mac hey.
          Regards.
          Grishnak.

Comment

It will be about five feet further from Europe.

Tuebor

Comment

Who ever continues to go around defacing threads with one star ratings is a loser...grow up and learn some manners. It's a shame thread starters have to put up with cowards who hide behind anonymity. Its that type of immature behavior of giving a thread a one star rating that leads to further bickering among posters. Folks have a right to insult entire threads well the thread starters have a right to defend their thread.

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
              Ill be 58...if I live that long that is. Trump might still be around in 2047 possibly due to advancements in medicine.

Many would have doubted that a man like Trump would become GOP nominee let alone POTUS....it is very well possible that Kanye West will run for POTUS in 2024

George S Patton

Comment

I understand your anger and frustration, but your thread is no more sacred or valuable to anyone here than any other thread is, and all of them get poor treatment by most posters.

And if you expect everybody to love everything you post, you're going to be disappointed a lot.

Where will the US be in 2047? Impossible to tell given the rapidity and fluidity of events these days.

Probably not number one any longer - that will most likely be China, but the world will still be demanding that we solve their problems because neither China nor Russia will do so for free, the way we are expected to do.

Comment

Dystopia or utopia? Nah. The US will most likely still be a major economic and military power. The world is very likely to have reverted to a two or three major power situation where these are opposed to some degree with each other as rivals.
                  The Electronics Revolution will have continued at a brisk pace changing the economic patterns of commerce and the world in likely unforeseen ways.

Who will be the major players? The US and China. If there's a third it could be Russia, India, maybe Europe if they get more united than they are.

China's sheer mass of manpower will be far more a negative than a positive. In the Industrial Age it would have made them a powerhouse. In the Electronics Age it is a burden.

China's and India's population pressures are the most likely cause of a major conflict too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
                    It will be about five feet further from Europe.

Tuebor
                    Hooray for plate tectonics!

Comment

Originally posted by mconrad View Post

So choose wisely.
                      Yes its easy to find books on this topic, but seemingly next to impossible to predict how the USA will handle itself 30 years from now. For example take the year 1946...in 1946 1 year after WW2 ended...who would have thought the next 30 years would see the US get involved in the Korean and Vietnam war? Its possible that in the next 30 years the USA and North Korea will go to war with each other.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        Dystopia or utopia? Nah. The US will most likely still be a major economic and military power. The world is very likely to have reverted to a two or three major power situation where these are opposed to some degree with each other as rivals.
                        The Electronics Revolution will have continued at a brisk pace changing the economic patterns of commerce and the world in likely unforeseen ways.

Who will be the major players? The US and China. If there's a third it could be Russia, India, maybe Europe if they get more united than they are.

China's sheer mass of manpower will be far more a negative than a positive. In the Industrial Age it would have made them a powerhouse. In the Electronics Age it is a burden.

China's and India's population pressures are the most likely cause of a major conflict too.
                        I wouldn't count out Brazil being a player. Large population, surrounded by much smaller countries...so they can concentrate their resources on infrastructure, economic development, and developing technologies instead of on their military...growing economy. I've seen some claims that Brazil will pass the US in GDP by 2050.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if India and China don't get into a shooting match between now and 2050. I'm surprised they haven't by now.

Comment

Yeah... they did so good with the olympics.

I don't see how they pull out of the badlands.
                          SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Where will the USA be in 2047?
                            Experiencing the Awakening of magic and metahumanity!

I know. I'm a geek.
                            A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              I understand your anger and frustration, but your thread is no more sacred or valuable to anyone here than any other thread is, and all of them get poor treatment by most posters.

And if you expect everybody to love everything you post, you're going to be disappointed a lot.

Where will the US be in 2047? Impossible to tell given the rapidity and fluidity of events these days.

Probably not number one any longer - that will most likely be China, but the world will still be demanding that we solve their problems because neither China nor Russia will do so for free, the way we are expected to do.
                              Good points, from now on I will simply deal with the thread rating tool.

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

You both brought up China, I should have mentioned China in my OP.... It is my hope that the US and China will grow closer to each other. Nixon opened the gates to China, perhaps his fellow GOP man Trump will elevate China-US relations to a level we have not seen. I find that China is no longer the same Communist country it was under Mao...in Macau for example we see the Las Vegas of China. Certainly Macau and even China in general have a # of Capitalistic elements. The US and China have plenty in common, surely more so then what separates each other.

George S Patton

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X