Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
    French jets are like us : discret
    You may not hear 'em coming, but you'll surely smell 'em.

Rimshot

Don't bitch: you asked for it.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Esquadron 2/4 La Fayette Mirage 2000

Last year France celebrated the 100th Anniversary of La Fayette Squadron
      Last edited by PGT Beauregard; 27 Mar 17, 15:35.
      à vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire (triumph without peril brings no glory) P. Corneille

Le probleme avec les cons, c'est qu'il ne se fatiguent jamais
      (The problem with Pr.cks, is that they never get tired ) Michel Audiard

Comment

Nieuport 23, the Squadron had 13 victories in Verdun
        à vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire (triumph without peril brings no glory) P. Corneille

Comment

Rafale with the Colour of the Squadron

Comment

Originally posted by PGT Beauregard View Post

Nieuport 23, the Squadron had 13 victories in Verdun
            That reminds me: have got to take the kids to Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome.

Seb: you'll love it.

Comment

Originally posted by PGT Beauregard View Post
              Esquadron 2/4 La Fayette Mirage 2000
              I love me a Mirage 2000....one of my favorites.

The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
                Sorry Marc.
                I heard it on the french tv a couple of hours after it happened...

Plus : for once that you had a shower , didn't wanted to interrupt you
                RIMSHOT!
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Ditto.

Regards.
                  Grishnak.
                  Wack tac mac hey.
                  Regards.
                  Grishnak.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                    Silly name changing appears to be one of the less attractive US reactions to a crisis as in WW1

Hamburgers = Liberty burgers
                    Frankfurters = Liberty Sausage
                    German Shepards = Alsatians, Police Dogs etc
                    Dachshunds = Badger Dogs, Sausage Dogs
                    During the First World War didn't the Battenberg's change their name to Mountbatten, and the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha's to Windsor in order to sound less German?

Its much the same as thinking that making up and using a silly name for one's political opponent is the epitome of political wit. From a nation that brought forth the likes of Bierce, Twain, Runyon. O Henry, Menken, Steinbeck and other great masters of cutting with words this is like deploying playground soakers when you posses rapiers
                    Maggie the Milk Snatcher? Iron Duke? This from the island that bred Shakespeare? How about "The Welsh Goat," or "The Coroner"? Seems that Britons are pretty clever when it come to slinging the . . . . nicknames.

It would seem appropriate for the Alpha jets to have laid a trail in front of the Statue of Liberty another great symbol of French support for American values (and sadly ones no longer in fashion)
                    In another thread one of your compatriots raised the notion of suspending Habeas Corpus, as if King John had never signed the Magna Carta. US, UK, France: our very notions of individual liberty, crafted over many centuries, are now being viewed as so much intellectual refuse by so very many of our countrymen. No longer are we separated by a wide ocean, but by a thin veneer of reason covering a quivering mass of paranoia.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                      During the First World War didn't the Battenberg's change their name to Mountbatten, and the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha's to Windsor in order to sound less German?
                      Yes. And in the US, entire cities were renamed to avoid the taint of Germanhood. Which is only a more visible part of all those families who changed their names to avoid the discrimination, such as Mueller = Miller and Schmidt = Smith, etc.

My favorite one though is that German Measles was renamed Liberty Measles, which is all kinds of strange when you consider it.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                        Yes. And in the US, entire cities were renamed to avoid the taint of Germanhood. Which is only a more visible part of all those families who changed their names to avoid the discrimination, such as Mueller = Miller and Schmidt = Smith, etc.
                        Ahh, the good old days. Wasn't Budweiser marketed under the brand name "Rice Water Pee Pee" during 1917 and 1918?

My favorite one though is that German Measles was renamed Liberty Measles, which is all kinds of strange when you consider it.
                        Rubella? I want some documentation of that one. I mean, wouldn't you think that a disease that makes children blind, you'd want to name it after the Germans?

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                          Ahh, the good old days. Wasn't Budweiser marketed under the brand name "Rice Water Pee Pee" during 1917 and 1918?

Rubella? I want some documentation of that one. I mean, wouldn't you think that a disease that makes children blind, you'd want to name it after the Germans?
                          http://neologisms.rice.edu/index.php?a=term&d=1&t=1754

Like I said, a pretty dang strange one. But then, hysteria is rarely logical, and makes about as much sense as the "freedom fries" morons in the Pentagon.

Comment

French Aerobatic Team Patrouille de France Announces Official U.S. Schedule

https://theaviationist.com/2017/02/2...-u-s-schedule/

Comment

http://neologisms.rice.edu/index.php?a=term&d=1&t=1754

Like I said, a pretty dang strange one. But then, hysteria is rarely logical, and makes about as much sense as the "freedom fries" morons in the Pentagon.
                              During WWI, French renamed Café Viennois (VienneseCoffee), Café Liégeois. they didn't want to mention The capital of Austria at war against France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X