Republican's Attacking Internet Privacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Republican's Attacking Internet Privacy

Republican's are attempting to roll-back privacy laws that currently forbid ISP's from selling your browsing data and personal information without your consent.

It has passed the senate and will likely pass the house.

http://www.businessinsider.com/repub...y-rules-2017-3

Republican's of course are in favor of allowing ISP's to sell your data without consent as it significantly helps their big donors at the expense of everyone else, Verizon, Comcast, etc.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

/facepalm
    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Why does the title have the Republican with a possessive 's'?

It should be plural.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Amazing...mostly because the poster never mentioned the same tihng that went on for eight years under Obama.

Apparently, the snowflakes plan to spend the next four years re-inventing the wheel in the name of Republicans, which is ironic because Trump is not a Republican but ran as an Independent.

Focus, snowflakes...focus.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Amazing...mostly because the poster never mentioned the same tihng that went on for eight years under Obama.

Apparently, the snowflakes plan to spend the next four years re-inventing the wheel in the name of Republicans, which is ironic because Trump is not a Republican but ran as an Independent.

Do you ever know wtf you're talking about?
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
            If you can't ask a simple question without profanity and the F word, you're not worth talking to.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

If you can't ask a simple question without profanity and the F word, you're not worth talking to.
              It was a rhetorical question, I already know the answer.
              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The article concerns overturning legislation that Obama implemented.....

So your first sentence makes no sense...

Oh I am so surprised.....

Comment

Sure, Trump wasn't elected by the GOP convention. Old age, old age, it does take it's total.
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

In a party-line vote, House Republicans freed Internet service providers such as Verizon, AT&T and Comcast of protections approved just last year that had sought to limit what companies could do with information such as customer browsing habits, app usage history, location data and Social Security numbers. The rules also had required providers to strengthen safeguards for customer data against hackers and thieves.

“Today’s vote means that Americans will never be safe online from having their most personal details stealthily scrutinized and sold to the highest bidder,” said Jeffrey Chester, executive director of the Center for Digital Democracy.
                    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.5b73d2db1039
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I guess this slipped past your attention...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...t-control.html

Yet, that one got little play in the press. Want to bet how they'd handle that if Trump did it?

Aside from that, if you think that your IP address and whatnot aren't being tracked and used by gobs of people, you're a fool. The US government can't control what providers and addresses outside the US do with your info.

Comment

Republican's are attempting to roll-back privacy laws that currently forbid ISP's from selling your browsing data and personal information without your consent.

Republican's of course are in favor of allowing ISP's to sell your data without consent as it significantly helps their big donors at the expense of everyone else, Verizon, Comcast, etc.

I noticed that the "law" in question was enacted only in October of last year. In other words the last administration thought this was so important that they waited almost until they were out the door to enact this protection.
                        Why? Didn't they care about us?

Now if we apply your logic we must assume that the dems waited almost 8 years to do anything about this to benefit their donors. Right?
                        Forgive me if I don't see this as evidence of republican evil like you do.
                        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

So all the "spam" I'm getting in recent years past, based upon my web-cruising, was being given away for free and now you claim the GOPers are suggesting it can be sold?

I'm thinking there is some sort of 'cart before the horse' here and a major disconnect on reality of the past few years.

TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                            I guess this slipped past your attention...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...t-control.html

Yet, that one got little play in the press. Want to bet how they'd handle that if Trump did it?

Aside from that, if you think that your IP address and whatnot aren't being tracked and used by gobs of people, you're a fool. The US government can't control what providers and addresses outside the US do with your info.
                            I didn't miss it, we already had a thread about it:

I think this is simply a way for our government to lawfully censor its own people by passing responsibility. Otherwise they would never be able to do it.

It's also worth mentioning, from what I've read, plans for this transition have been in place and progressing for over 3 administrations. So this isn't a democrat issue, this is an issue with the establishment.
                            What does that have to do with this though? The democrats did wrong so the republicans can too? This way we just pick our poison I guess.
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                              So all the "spam" I'm getting in recent years past, based upon my web-cruising, was being given away for free and now you claim the GOPers are suggesting it can be sold?

I'm thinking there is some sort of 'cart before the horse' here and a major disconnect on reality of the past few years.

No. A similar case would be the recent Vizio lawsuit, in which they unlawfully collected viewing data and sold it without customer consent. What the republican's are trying to do is make such acts legal, again, except in this case with ISP's we're dealing with a more serious breach of privacy. Also as the articles mention they no longer have to implement better safeguards against hacks either.
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X