Who Do They Work For?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Do They Work For?

Does anyone know who the House and Senate Intelligence Committees work for?

Or, who do they report to when they have finished an investigation?

They both have oversight of the intelligence services and those report to them on a variety of topics.

But to whom do the committees themselves work for and report to?

I'm asking this because today the chairman of the house committee, without informing the committee, went to the White House and the president to inform him of possibly new information regarding the current investigation.

I don't believe he was supposed to do that, especially as he had not informed his colleagues on the committee.

Representative Devin Nunes then held a news conference in front of the White House, again without informing his colleagues on the committee, what he told the president.

As a footnote, Nunes was on the Trump transition team.

Does anyone know the answer here? Nunes does not work for the president or the administration, that is certain, as they are two different branches of government.

Again, who are the committees responsible to?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/22/politi...ons/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/videos/cnnmoney/2...report-sot.cnn
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

They work for their districts and their party.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
      Does anyone know who the House and Senate Intelligence Committees work for?

Or, who do they report to when they have finished an investigation?

They both have oversight of the intelligence services and those report to them on a variety of topics.

But to whom do the committees themselves work for and report to?

I'm asking this because today the chairman of the house committee, without informing the committee, went to the White House and the president to inform him of possibly new information regarding the current investigation.

I don't believe he was supposed to do that, especially as he had not informed his colleagues on the committee.

Representative Devin Nunes then held a news conference in front of the White House, again without informing his colleagues on the committee, what he told the president.

As a footnote, Nunes was on the Trump transition team.

Does anyone know the answer here? Nunes does not work for the president or the administration, that is certain, as they are two different branches of government.

Again, who are the committees responsible to?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/22/politi...ons/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/videos/cnnmoney/2...report-sot.cnn
      Nominally for "We the People", but ...

Since we are looking at an Executive 'Agency' of that Branch of the guv'mint ...

They report to the national CEO, a.k.a. POTUS ...

Like Duh! here ...

While it might be "courteous" to report to committee members in this regard, our rather open/loose media/communications channels means they aren't "out of the loop" if they choose to be 'not other' ...

Primary "report to" personage is the National Leadership. a.k.a. POTUS!

Deal with it and put on your 'big boy' long pants!

Comment

I would think that they would report to Congress.

Comment

They definitely don't work for the president. That would be a conflict of interest.

One committee member characterized Nunez' conduct in this instance as 'the president whisperer.'

It might be an ethics violation.

And depending on what he divulged to the president, it could be a felony.
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
            Nominally for "We the People", but ...

Since we are looking at an Executive 'Agency' of that Branch of the guv'mint ...

They report to the national CEO, a.k.a. POTUS ...

Like Duh! here ...

While it might be "courteous" to report to committee members in this regard, our rather open/loose media/communications channels means they aren't "out of the loop" if they choose to be 'not other' ...

Primary "report to" personage is the National Leadership. a.k.a. POTUS!

Deal with it and put on your 'big boy' long pants!
            So, you don't actually know, now do you?

Comment

They definitely don't work for the president. That would be a conflict of interest.

One committee member characterized Nunez' conduct in this instance as 'the president whisperer.'

It might be an ethics violation.

Ultimately they work for their constituents. Members of Congress meet with the POTUS all the time. I don't see how this is any different. What is discussed by them behind closed doors is between the meeting parties. How can it be an ethics violation if Congressmen and Senators meet with the POTUS on a regular basis? The only way this could be a crime is if Nunez told Trump something that Trump doesn't have security clearance to know. Being the POTUS I think it would be safe to assume that Trump is cleared to know everything.

Comment

You need to recover your common sense (or sanity) here Massena Trump is POTUS!
                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Thought it was fairly clear that I do and you don't ...

Re-read your Constitution, etc. ...

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                    Thought it was fairly clear that I do and you don't ...

Re-read your Constitution, etc. ...
                    Yes, and there are three articles (the first three) that designate the three branches of government, none of which controls the other. Congress does not work for the president, but for the American people.

Therefore, Nunes does not report to the president. He is supposed to be heading an independent investigation, part of which may be investigating the White House.

In point of fact, this article may help you on that point:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cid=spartandhp

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                      You need to recover your common sense (or sanity) here Massena Trump is POTUS!
                      No one is disputing that Trump is president.

The issue is why is the chairman of an independent committee in Congress conducting an investigation reporting to the president. He doesn't work for the president.

Comment

Originally posted by phil74501 View Post
                        Being the POTUS I think it would be safe to assume that Trump is cleared to know everything.
                        We-e-e-ll, I dunno 'bout that. 'Way back in the day us 'sparkies' sometimes got clearances higher than those that didn't have a "need to know" only because we had to handle the encrypted traffic and disseminate it to the proper recipients. There were things (way back in the day) that POTUS didn't "need to know". If he did, he would have no deniability.
                        ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

What did you find when you Googled the question? You did, right?
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

...The issue is why is the chairman of an independent committee in Congress conducting an investigation reporting to the president. He doesn't work for the president...
                            He was out of line and it has gotten him into trouble.
                            http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/23/politi...ess/index.html

Comment

No one is disputing that Trump is president.

The issue is why is the chairman of an independent committee in Congress conducting an investigation reporting to the president. He doesn't work for the president.
                              Didn't say you did. but if there is something pertinent to know about shouldn't he know or should you know first.
                              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X