Surveillance findings raise concern about spying on Trump campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surveillance findings raise concern about spying on Trump campaign

Well, now we likely have a clue why "unmasking' tasks - once exclusively held tight within the NSA only - were expanded to all the other intel agencies by the former pPresident after the election...

The unmasking of private US citizens - not (yet) in government service - and then the flooding of intel - until then held by the NSA exclusively until disseminated on specifically authorized needs to know - into all the other 16 intel agencies is, by far, the greatest & gravest travesty in the entire witch hunt. Specific surveillance of pre-election campaign staff would be bad - no public signs of that at this point - but even "incidental" post election/pre-innaugeration unmasking & dissemination that flies entirely in the face of FISA mandate is even worse. That action by the former pResident (expanding the task of unmasking & non-essential dissemination to the other 16 agencies without specific need to know) is entirely unacceptable to those that actually hold their Constitutional Rights most dear & now become nothing more than a failing last gasp impediment aimed squarely at the current pResident.

Oh, wait... my, and all of your, Constitutional Rights do not rise to the heights of import in terms of partisan - no matter what side - political hack-jabbery...

Never mind!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

It's too early to tell one way or another, if the feds are listening to you while your on a cell phone its legit. Blame the Supreme Court for that one. No expectation of privacy and all that...

Also my friend, don't watch faux. They lie like a rug...
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Nah, mate... they ALL semantically fashion & massage their reports to shape & impress their desired impression upon the consumer...

ALL of Them!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

I completely confused by the Republicans on this stuff

Nunes said the surveillance collection was "legally collected foreign intelligence under FISA incidental collection." But Nunes said he was "alarmed" the intelligence "ended up in reporting channels and was widely disseminated."
        people were lying and intel community had evidence they were. It seems to me that this stuff would come out

For all the complaining about Hillary's emails and the leaked information about it Which was used against her

and lets not even get into stolen data that was leaked and encouraged by the republicans.

Rubio was right becareful what you wish and do because next time it might be you.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
          Nah, mate... they ALL semantically fashion & massage their reports to shape & impress their desired impression upon the consumer...

ALL of Them!

That's true enough, But one time Meagan Kelly freaked out my folks warning about a tsunami warning from a quake in Peru for the west coast of the US. I checked on-line if it was true. A outright lie. They've lost all credibility with me...

I get my news on-line, text only. It's the only way to filter out the emotionalism and sensationalism...

Also you have to filter that as well...
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
            I completely confused by the Republicans on this stuff

people were lying and intel community had evidence they were. It seems to me that this stuff would come out

For all the complaining about Hillary's emails and the leaked information about it Which was used against her

and lets not even get into stolen data that was leaked and encouraged by the republicans.

Rubio was right becareful what you wish and do because next time it might be you.

Nonsense :

Proof that people were lying ?

What stolen data were leaked by the republicans ?

Besides, there is a big difference between what was done by the secret services (which was illegal ) and what was done by Wiki leaks : if Wiki leaks were the Russians, it was not illegal ,but the US secret services violated US law .

If someone in Moscow was hacking the computer of Podesta, he did not violate US law:you can't violate US law if you are not in the US .

Comment

"Trump lied!"..."He should apologize!"

Looks like Trump was right again...
              {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

No, Trump was wrong again and leveled a false accusation against Obama.

Nunes reiterated in his news conference today that there is no evidence that Obama ordered or authorized any surveillance of the Trump campaign.

And that is the issue and the accusation has been proven false.
                We are not now that strength which in old days
                Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post

I think in this case it's more of Trump took something with a grain of truth in it and turned it into a new conspiracy theory.

In other words, 1% fact, 99% BS. Percentages may vary locally...

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                    No, Trump was wrong again and leveled a false accusation against Obama.

Nunes reiterated in his news conference today that there is no evidence that Obama ordered or authorized any surveillance of the Trump campaign.

Who ordered it then?
                    I posted this in another thread:
                    New today from the AP, and Obama was still President then, perhaps Trump knows something that no one else knew and he ain't so full of sh-t after all.
                    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
                      To this day, nothing known by the NSA that is public is known to include 1 thing that was not legal. The lie to which you seem to be referring has been acknowledged to have very little to do with foreign or domestic security. Further, that liars name should never have been unmasked ( much less disseminated to any of the other 16 agencies in the absence of their need to know for criminal investigative purposes by any of each agencies) & is required protection by even the Constitution. The flood into the other agencies & increase of individuals delegated responsibility for unmasking simply increased the numbers privy to private information from less than 10 to God knows how many dozens that gained access to the American Citizens Name. Chance for leaks was magnified in vastly manifold terms. And anyone thinking reasonably without malice or partisan bent could easily surmise that the timing of the expansion was not coincidental.
                      Originally posted by craven

Point of fact... the Puglicans did not steal or hack Hillary, the DNC, or even Podesta. Being no Puglican, but watching from the sidelines, I can easily say that any "encouragement", as you say, was much more along the lines of partisan joy & disdain from a party in opposition that could not believe their luck, nor the stupidity of those that fell prey to the hacks. There could have been no damage to the Crits if they had not said what they said, in the format that they said them & in such fashion as that what they did say ended up lain bare for the world to marvel at.

The Crits would have done exactly the same thing, and any reasonable person knows it.

In quite the same fashion, the Crits are now quite happy that the liars name was leaked, even though that private citizens rights were trampled in the absence of anything illegal.

The Publican/Russian Collusion thang - at this point - has pretty much been debunked publicly before Congress by the NSA, FBI & just about anybody else now in government whose responsibility it is to determine such. Unless or until further evidence arises, that is where it is currently at.
                      Originally posted by craven
                      Indeed, and he is right... especially when one is considering what I am talking about... which isn't 'wiretapping', 'the Russians', 'Hillary's server', hers, the DNCs, or Podestas 'e-mails'... I'm talking about Constitutional protections that apply all the way down to the newest baby born in our nation itself. That would be "We, The People".

Sadly, I say "nevermind" because most that continue the conversation herein will do nothing more that deflect from the OP.

But you & I both know that, I'm almost sure.

Howdy, Roslyn!

Very good to see ya, lass!

Wes

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                        This is true.
                        Originally posted by Massena
                        No, mate, that is NOT "the issue"...

I said NOTHING about the 'ordering' or 'authorizing' of any surveillence by the former pResident.

I've been relatively specific about what THE ISSUE here IS...

If you wish to deflect, please take it elsewhere, mate.

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                          Who ordered it then?
                          NOT the ISSUE, here.

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                            I think in this case it's more of Trump took something with a grain of truth in it and turned it into a new conspiracy theory.

In other words, 1% fact, 99% BS. Percentages may vary locally...
                            Likely, so, but still not the "ISSUE".

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post

Prolly, not!

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X