another illegal alien admits to voting fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another illegal alien admits to voting fraud

Remember just a few months ago when democrats were outraged that Trump would even suggest that illegal aliens voted?
    A green card holder can not vote, she worked at the polls, I wonder how many ballots she stuffed.
    When Rosa Maria Ortega was a teenager, her mother was deported to her native Mexico after being arrested twice.

As she grew up, Ms. Ortega decided to take a different route. Lacking a high school diploma, she signed up for the Job Corps at age 18 and snagged a position at a state employment office.

In 2012, she registered to vote, and not only cast ballots in the next two elections but served as a poll worker. Divorced, she raised four children, now teenagers, sometimes working three jobs.

“When my mom was here, she did everything illegal,” Ms. Ortega, 37, said in an interview. “I wasn’t going to let that happen to me.”

She may not have a choice. Ms. Ortega, of Grand Prairie, Tex., a suburb between Dallas and Fort Worth, is a permanent resident with a green card, but she is not an American citizen. In a case that made national headlines last month, she was found guilty, fined $5,000 and sentenced to eight years in prison because the ballots she cast in 2012 and 2014 were illegal. While green-card holders have many of the rights of citizens, they cannot vote.

If the verdict is upheld, she will serve her sentence and, in all likelihood, be deported to Mexico. For green-card holders, a criminal conviction is effectively a ticket for deportation.

Her punishment may be unprecedented for an offense that often draws a minimal sentence or probation. Ms. Ortega, who has a seventh-grade education and a sometimes shaky grasp on the complexities of her life, has steadfastly insisted that she did not know she was violating the law — that she is being imprisoned and probably deported for the crime of being confused.

“I thought I was doing something right,” Ms. Ortega said. “It wasn’t to hurt somebody, or the state, or the government. I even worked for the government.

“I voted like a U.S. citizen,” she said. “The only thing is, I didn’t know I couldn’t vote.”

The case resonates in a polarized political environment where some are convinced that immigrants threaten to upend the nation’s shared values more than they continue its long history of accepting and assimilating outsiders. Ms. Ortega’s lawyers say they believe the severity of the sentence stems from the furor over immigration and false claims about voter fraud raised by Donald J. Trump’s nationalistic presidential campaign.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-t...piO?li=BBnb7Kz
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Strawman.

“The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Strawman argument can't be applied in this case because it actually did happen. If one could do that, the likelihood that others may have done so can only go up.

But okay whatever, go on living in your own little fantasy world, kid. Let the real grow ups take care of things.

Go back to your playroom. Please.
      Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
        Strawman argument can't be applied in this case because it actually did happen. If one could do that, the likelihood that others may have done so can only go up.

But okay whatever, go on living in your own little fantasy world, kid. Let the real grow ups take care of things.

Nope. Nothing to do with the event. Read the opening line of the POST, not the story:

Remember just a few months ago when democrats were outraged that Trump would even suggest that illegal aliens voted?
        He makes up a strawman argument by stating Democrats were outraged that President Trump 'even suggest' the illegals voted. Perfect example of a strawman, make up a false target and attack it. Democrats have never stated the illegals don't vote. They stated the President Trumps idiotic statement that they voted in the millions and millions was wrong.
        “To talk of many things:
        Of cabbages—and kings—
        ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post

Interesting comment I highlighted. So if one is caught then more most be doing it.

So:

http://www.houstonpress.com/news/for...-twice-8933116

Trump supporter votes twice in TX...

But that's exactly what happened Tuesday evening, when the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office says it arrested a man who claimed to be a Trump supporter. In a tweet, the sheriff's office said the man claimed to work for Trump and was "testing the system." (It appears the system worked, since the man got handcuffs instead of an "I voted" sticker).
          Trump supporter votes twice in Iowa.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...ines/92892042/

A Des Moines woman has been arrested on suspicion of voting twice this month in the general election, police and court records show.

Terri Lynn Rote, 55, was booked into the Polk County Jail about 3:40 p.m. Thursday on a first-degree election misconduct charge, which is a Class D felony.

Rote, a registered Republican, reportedly cast an early voting ballot at the Polk County Election Office, 120 Second Ave., and another ballot at a county satellite voting location in Des Moines, according to a Des Moines police report.
          Seems you maybe right. Maybe many more Trump votes came from those voting twice....

“To talk of many things:
          Of cabbages—and kings—
          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Get your straw here

In an ABC News interview that aired Jan. 25, President Donald Trump doubled down on false and misleading claims about voter fraud.
            Trump falsely claimed that a Pew Charitable Trusts report supports his claim that millions of people voted illegally. The report documented millions of instances of voter registration inaccuracies.
            Told the Pew report found no evidence of voter fraud, Trump falsely claimed the report “all of a sudden changed” and the author was now “groveling.” It did not, and he did not.
            Trump claimed that “you have people registered in two states. They’re registered in a New York and a New Jersey. They vote twice.” The 2012 Pew report found that 2.75 million people were registered in more than one state — as apparently are four members of Trump’s cabinet or staff — but there is no evidence that any of them voted twice.
            Trump claimed “I didn’t say there are millions” of fraudulent votes cast in the 2016 election. But he did — in a tweet in November, and again at a meeting with congressional leaders on Jan. 23.
            Trump claimed “if you look at it they [fraudulent voters] all voted for Hillary.” Since there are no reports of widespread fraud, we’re not sure what to “look at,” but even the author who penned a disputed report on noncitizens voting found that 80 percent — not all — backed Barack Obama in 2008.
            Trump said, “if dead people are registered to vote and voting, which they do …” But experts say this is largely urban myth and so-called cases of dead people voting are extremely rare.
            As we wrote recently, Trump has continued to claim — without any evidence — that there was massive voter fraud in the 2016 presidential election. And on Jan. 25, the new president announced via Twitter that he will ask for a “major investigation into VOTER FRAUD.”
            In an interview that aired on Jan. 25, ABC’s David Muir asked Trump for evidence of widespread fraud, given that “what you have presented so far has been debunked. It’s been called false.” We found several of Trump’s claims in defense of his statements to be inaccurate. (In some cases, we relied on an unedited transcript of the entire interview, posted by ABC News, which aired an edited version of the interview.)
            http://www.factcheck.org/2017/01/mor...n-voter-fraud/

Democracy Now website
            https://www.democracynow.org/2017/2/..._2016_election
            Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
              You just proved my point and that I was correct about your strawman. Both of your links about about Democrats claiming WIDESPREAD voter fraud claims by President Trump are wrong.

Your OP mentions nothing about that. You claim Democrats attacked President trump for claiming:

Trump would even suggest that illegal aliens voted?
              No one attack him for that. Hence the OP is a strawman.
              “To talk of many things:
              Of cabbages—and kings—
              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Engineer View Post
                He makes up a strawman argument by stating Democrats were outraged that President Trump 'even suggest' the illegals voted. Perfect example of a strawman, make up a false target and attack it. Democrats have never stated the illegals don't vote. They stated the President Trumps idiotic statement that they voted in the millions and millions was wrong.
                Democrats are outraged that illegals can't vote.

Fifty-three percent (53%) of Democrats think tax-paying illegal immigrants should have the right to vote.
                http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ts_should_vote

Rep. Luis Gutiérrez (D-IL) may have let the cat out of the bag when he confirmed the true reason behind his party’s push toward*amnesty for illegal immigrants.

Elections. Specifically, amnesty would bring in 4-5 million new Democrats.
                Gutiérrez, appearing on MSNBC’s Morning Joe, railed against portions of his own party standing*in the way of human rights at the border. He urged his colleagues in the Senate not to play politics on this matter.

Then he provided this little dangling carrot.
                Amnesty after all,*can be a good thing*for the Democrat party:
                “Let me just say in about an hour, I’m going over to the White House. I’ll be meeting with Jeh Johnson and the Chief Legal Counsel to the President of the United States. We’re going to sit down and we’re going to negotiate additional terms and avenues the President can use and prosecutorial discretion, and I think we can get*three or four or maybe even five million people.”
                http://thepoliticalinsider.com/whoop...-want-amnesty/

And, Democrats want to make it easy

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.19433a627f74

Even the Huffpo says so...

Why are Democrats so uniformly opposed to proof of citizenship in order to vote? They and their interest group surrogates insist there is no problem with voter security. But why should we believe this when we know illegal immigrants routinely lie to obtain employment? (Federal law requires employees to sign a document called an I-9 Form upon becoming employed swearing under penalty of perjury that he or she is authorized for employment, i.e., is a citizen or lawfully admitted alien and to provide two forms of ID to prove it.) I have seen thousands of bogus I-9 Forms signed by illegal immigrants and copies of their false social security cards in my RICO cases against employers who hire them. These false attestations are rarely prosecuted by federal authorities. And why would we think illegal immigrants, whose very presence in this country is a crime, would be above a little more crime in order to obtain employment?
                http://www.huffingtonpost.com/howard...b_1418523.html

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                  Not sure you understand what the word 'outraged' means. But OK.

Otherwise you post does nothing to demonstrated that my comment on the OP using a poor Strawman fallacy is wrong.
                  “To talk of many things:
                  Of cabbages—and kings—
                  ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Dem's question Tump's voter fraud claim,
                    Jan. 17, 2017

Top Democrats blasted President Donald Trump's proposed investigation into widespread voter fraud Friday, saying there is no evidence that 3 to 5 million people voted illegally in the presidential election.

Connecticut officials said they are confident that there was no widespread fraud in the state's elections this year.

"Normally, allegations of wrongdoing are made by sore losers, not sore winners," said Secretary of the State Denise Merrill, who is also president of the national secretaries of state organization. "It is very surprising to me that the President would question the legitimacy of his own results. He won the election, fair and square, under the rules that we currently have. ... There is simply no evidence of widespread voter fraud."

While Trump had promised on Twitter that he will ask for "a major investigation into voter fraud," he had not yet issued an executive order by Friday afternoon.

In Connecticut, officials are investigating 16 allegations of possible in-person voter fraud in the 2016 elections, including the primaries and the presidential election. In November, more than 1.676 million votes were cast, which represents about .00095 percent of the total vote, she said.

Nationally, an academic study found 31 instances of voter impersonation out of more than 1 billion votes cast between 2000 and 2014, she said.
                    http://www.courant.com/politics/hc-c...127-story.html
                    Last edited by Urban hermit; 19 Mar 17, 17:52.

Comment

Pa. officials denounce Trump on voter fraud claim, Ja. 25, 17

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2017/01...nsylvania.html

N.Y. Dem Lawyers denounce Trump voter claims, 1/25/17

http://nydlc.nationbuilder.com/nydlc...aud_conspiracy

Trump’s Bogus Voter Fraud Claims Revisited
                      FactCheck.org FactCheck.org
                      Robert Farley
                      1/25/2017
                      http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cid=spartandhp

Comment

Here's more hay for your

California Official Says Trump’s Claim of Voter Fraud Is ‘Absurd’
                        LOS ANGELES — When President-elect Donald J. Trump claimed on Twitter that he was losing the popular vote because of major fraud by millions of voters, one of the states he pointed to was California, where the latest voting returns showed Hillary Clinton, the Democrat, crushing Mr. Trump.

But Mr. Trump’s baseless claim led to a furious reaction from California’s top election official, Alex Padilla, the secretary of state, this weekend. Mr. Padilla asserted that there was no evidence for the claim by the president-elect, and denounced Mr. Trump for what he said was unpresidential behavior.

“His unsubstantiated allegations of voter fraud in California and elsewhere are absurd,” Mr. Padilla posted on Twitter. “His reckless tweets are inappropriate and unbecoming of a president-elect.”

This state has historically been slow to count ballots, a reflection of both its vast size and inefficiencies in many county voting operations. Given the fact that this is an overwhelmingly Democratic state, that has meant that Mrs. Clinton’s total vote count has grown steadily as ballots were tallied, adding to a national lead of close to two million votes.

As of Saturday, Mrs. Clinton had 8.1 million votes in California, compared with 4.2 million for Mr. Trump, according to the secretary of state’s office. It was not clear when the vote count might be concluded.

The count, and outcome, has been no surprise to anyone in a state with a history of slow vote-counting. Officials in both parties had predicted this would happen as early as election night.
                        https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/28/u...rnia.html?_r=0

Comment

Dem's question Tuml's voter fraud claim,
                          Jan. 17, 2017

http://www.courant.com/politics/hc-c...127-story.html
                          Thanks once again for proving my point.

Top Democrats blasted President Donald Trump's proposed investigation into widespread voter fraud Friday, saying there is no evidence that 3 to 5 million people voted illegally in the presidential election.
                          “To talk of many things:
                          Of cabbages—and kings—
                          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

I can keep this up all week CE, ready to say "uncle"?
                            Donald Trump continued to declare Monday - without evidence and as fellow Republicans distanced themselves from the claim - that "large-scale voter fraud" will happen in the Nov. 8 general election for president.

A group of elected officials from Philadelphia gathered in City Hall on Monday to rebut the Republican presidential nominee's claim, made most recently in a morning tweet.

"The real threat to the integrity of elections in Philadelphia isn't voter fraud, though it does rarely occur," said Al Schmidt, vice chairman of the city commissioners and the three-member board's lone Republican.
                            http://www.philly.com/philly/news/po...officials.html

Trump falsely claims that millions voted illegally, costing him the popular vote

Donald Trump falsely claimed Sunday that he won the popular vote, alleging in a tweet — without evidence — that "millions" of people had illegally voted for his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton.

"In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally," Trump wrote, hours after he tweeted his opposition to a recount in Midwestern states initiated by the Green Party.
                            http://www.latimes.com/nation/politi...htmlstory.html

Comment

Thanks, once again you are supporting my point. I'd stop helping me if you want to try to support your OP. Quit while you are behind. Or edit your OP to make it not a strawman.
                              “To talk of many things:
                              Of cabbages—and kings—
                              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X