Trump orginization to donate profits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
    Are you trying to suggest his donation is a bad thing?
    Or just trying to put a negative spin on a donation that will benefit others?

Yes, he could have given more, but he didn't have to give anything.
    No, I'm not trying to suggest, spin or otherwise imply that it would have been a bad thing. The donation was good. How it came across ain't. Point was that Trump's budget proposal included rather massive cut to the dep that runs the park thing. Then making a dog and pony show out of donation is just weird. Like hitting some one with an axe and then giving him a band-aid.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

Originally posted by Reimnitz View Post
      President Trump plan to donate his presidential salary to charity and will allow the media to decide which charity gets the money.
      I wonder if the media chose the National Park Service to rec his paycheck.
      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Vaeltaja View Post
        No, I'm not trying to suggest, spin or otherwise imply that it would have been a bad thing. The donation was good. How it came across ain't. Point was that Trump's budget proposal included rather massive cut to the dep that runs the park thing. Then making a dog and pony show out of donation is just weird. Like hitting some one with an axe and then giving him a band-aid.

The dog and pony show is what politicians do, but the difference here is that he was giving his own money rather than money collected from other taxpayers.

The fact that he is recommending massive budget cuts isn't relevant to whether he was being generous.
        When a government must borrow as much as ours does just to function, cuts are inevitable and necessary.
        Budget cuts are necessary not because of anything trump did, but because of what government has done for the past generation.
        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

You are trying to put a negative spin on the donation. Cutting fat out of federal departments is something that nearly every candidate had promised since the beginning of time and Trump is one that is actually delivering on that campaign promise. Just because you don't like him does not make it bad how it comes across as it abundantly clear that everything he does or does not do will come across to as bad due to your personal feeling about him as a person. The check to the NPS should be seen as Trump while being frugal with the nation's money is generous with his own in thing he personally care about.

You need to separate Trump the guy you don't like and Trump the President trying to do what he promised to the people that put him into office. I don't like Trump the person either, but I find it so puzzling the collective anger and hate that so many are hanging on to and criticizing a donation is as petty of an issue as there can be.
          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
            You are trying to put a negative spin on the donation. Cutting fat out of federal departments is something that nearly every candidate had promised since the beginning of time and Trump is one that is actually delivering on that campaign promise. Just because you don't like him does not make it bad how it comes across as it abundantly clear that everything he does or does not do will come across to as bad due to your personal feeling about him as a person. The check to the NPS should be seen as Trump while being frugal with the nation's money is generous with his own in thing he personally care about.
            No. Not on the donation but on how Trump & friends went forward to spin with it. That comes across pretty much as hypocritical as it can possibly get. He is free to toss his coins where ever he so chooses to do but any one having just a remote control of their faculties would have done that one discreetly - that he politicized the whole thing via WH press is the problem, if you do that you can't argue that it would have been in any way private or personal matter.
            You need to separate Trump the guy you don't like and Trump the President trying to do what he promised to the people that put him into office.
            Why? Anything he does will reflect upon the USA and its institutions regardless so why exactly would that be so important?
            It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

No. Not on the donation but on how Trump & friends went forward to spin with it. That comes across pretty much as hypocritical as it can possibly get. He is free to toss his coins where ever he so chooses to do but any one having just a remote control of their faculties would have done that one discreetly - that he politicized the whole thing via WH press is the problem, if you do that you can't argue that it would have been in any way private or personal matter.

You seem to be the only one who have a 'problem' with how he announced it.
              "Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" George Carlin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X