Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump orginization to donate profits

well this is novel but think it a pretty good step in the right direction

trump organization will donate profits which are perceived to be from forgien officials staying at his properties

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cid=spartandhp

But But that will eliminate one of the counts that he could be impeached on!! That’s not fair!!!
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
      well this is novel but think it a pretty good step in the right direction

trump organization will donate profits which are perceived to be from forgien officials staying at his properties

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cid=spartandhp
      A logical and reasonable move. Good. The man is brilliant, if unhinged. The brilliance comes out in the organization, the unhinged is on Twitter.....

I wonder if the UAE and others will ask Hillary to donate their donations to something else as well.....
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Trump has made a habit of saying he will make donations without actually doing it.

https://www.propublica.org/podcast/i...charity-claims

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.ind...701.html%3Famp
        Last edited by Paddybhoy; 18 Mar 17, 06:24.

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
          A logical and reasonable move. Good. The man is brilliant, if unhinged. The brilliance comes out in the organization, the unhinged is on Twitter.....

I wonder if the UAE and others will ask Hillary to donate their donations to something else as well.....
          actually most of there donations were spent in south American and Africa already

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post
            But But that will eliminate one of the counts that he could be impeached on!! That’s not fair!!!
            naw only addresses a small part of Trumps problem on potential self dealing

Comment

President Trump plan to donate his presidential salary to charity and will allow the media to decide which charity gets the money.

“The president’s intention is to donate his salary at the end of the year. He kindly asked that you all help determine where that goes,” Spicer said.

Although the remark drew laughter, Spicer said the request was serious.

“The way that we can avoid scrutiny is let the press corps determine where it should go.”
              Last edited by Reimnitz; 21 Mar 17, 02:11.
              "Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" George Carlin

Comment

There is proof!

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
                Trump has made a habit of saying he will make donations without actually doing it.

President Trump is true to his word. Yesterday he donated his first paycheck ($78,333.32) to the National Park Service. This is the same dept that irked Trump over crowd size at his inauguration.
                "Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Reimnitz View Post
                  President Trump is true to his word. Yesterday he donated his first paycheck ($78,333.32) to the National Park Service. This is the same dept that irked Trump over crowd size at his inauguration.
                  It not his paycheck we are worried about it the money his company can rake in because he is president.

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
                    It not his paycheck we are worried about it the money his company can rake in because he is president.
                    How much was Obama worth, or the Clintons, before either took office? How much afterwards on leaving?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      How much was Obama worth, or the Clintons, before either took office? How much afterwards on leaving?
                      TA I don't care they are dems I am a republican and worry about hold republicans to a specific standard that we rails against.

stop using them as your standard and hold Trump to the standard you want the guy you supported to maintain.

btw if they are the standard Trump going to rake in a few billion maybe. well Trump inc or whatever it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
                        That is pretty much what happened here too. He gave a check of 78 333 $ to the National Park Service while docking around 1 500 000 000 $ from the department that runs the NPS in his budget proposal. I guess that mean Trump needs to donate mere 1 499 921 666 $ to make it even... http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/03/trump...very-much.html
                        It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

President Trump's paycheck will go toward improving the nation's historic battlefields, which happen to be under control of the National Park Service.

Comment

Originally posted by Reimnitz View Post
                            President Trump's paycheck will go toward improving the nation's historic battlefields, which happen to be under control of the National Park Service.
                            Problem is they would need around 1300-3000 such checks (as stated in the linked article, "We're about a hundred [million] or $229 million behind in deferred maintenance on our battlefields alone") just to make up for the deficit they have in that respect. So all in all it really is just a tiny drop in a huge bucket from which Trump already plans to pour water out.
                            It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

Originally posted by Vaeltaja View Post
                              Problem is they would need around 1300-3000 such checks (as stated in the linked article, "We're about a hundred [million] or $229 million behind in deferred maintenance on our battlefields alone") just to make up for the deficit they have in that respect. So all in all it really is just a tiny drop in a huge bucket from which Trump already plans to pour water out.

Are you trying to suggest his donation is a bad thing?
                              Or just trying to put a negative spin on a donation that will benefit others?

Yes, he could have given more, but he didn't have to give anything.
                              Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X