Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The US Apologizes to the British Government...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The US Apologizes to the British Government...

Presidential press secretary Sean Spicer made a jackass out of himself at the press briefing yesterday, not only engaging in useless arguments with the journalists but levying false claims against the British government, citing two people from Fox News (The Trump Channel), never a good idea:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/17/politi...ial/index.html
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

I wonder if it actually happened...
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

I'm surprise anyone would use CNN as a source anymore. I find myself avoiding them now.
      "Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
        I wonder if it actually happened...
        THIS was my very first thought!
        "Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" George Carlin

Comment

RT has it - so it must be true

https://www.rt.com/uk/381119-gchq-trump-wiretap-obama/
          Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39300191

Former Foreign Secretary Sir Malcolm Rifkind was interviewed this lunchtime and it sounds as if it isn't over. Number ten it seems regards it as a direct accusation of the Prime Minister's involvement either directly or indirectly as any such intervention if it had been carried out would have had to be authorised by the PM. If it had merely been raised by Fox news it could have been treated with icy contempt but because Spicer specifically gave it credibility in public that makes it one government accusing the other. Not a particularly diplomatic effort between allied countries.

Rifkind has seen a copy of the "apology" and said that didn't go far enough
            Last edited by MarkV; 17 Mar 17, 10:00.
            Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
            Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by Reimnitz View Post
              I'm surprise anyone would use CNN as a source anymore. I find myself avoiding them now.
              They lost me as well as a legitimate news source, their bias is so blatantly obvious lately that I don't even think that they trying to hide it anymore.
              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

The Trump administration once again embarrasses themselves and the Nation in front of the world. Also once again it's based on a right-wing hack in the media.
                “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                “To talk of many things:
                Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                Of cabbages—and kings—
                And why the sea is boiling hot—
                And whether pigs have wings.”
                ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Lets see in 2009 we had the fake news 'scandle' about then President Obama moving a Bust of Churchill. Now in 2017 we have an actual diplomatic faux pa between the US and the UK.

Leadership in action. The Ego must be protected even at the cost of relations between the US and UK.
                  “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                  “To talk of many things:
                  Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                  Of cabbages—and kings—
                  And why the sea is boiling hot—
                  And whether pigs have wings.”
                  ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                    Presidential press secretary Sean Spicer made a jackass out of himself at the press briefing yesterday...
                    He became a Democrat?! Okay...

Comment

Another tornado in a shot glass.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Storm in a teacup ?
                        "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                        Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          It might be IF they had apologised.

Trump and Spicer trying to claim that they can't be blaimed for repeating something they heard a Fox News commentator say, even though Fox News doesn't believe it is true.

Comment

Off-topic post deleted.

Please focus on thread topic.

ACG Staff
                            Last edited by Salinator; 17 Mar 17, 16:49.
                            "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Just shows what happens when you trust the fifth estate...
                              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X