No announcement yet.

The Trump travel ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're likely to see a rehash of many posts seen in this prior thread on same/similar topic;
    http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=175705
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
      Poor G2 on your part. That link contains several embedded links to more MSM type sources/articles.
      Infowars is a haven for 9/11 truthers and other far fetched conspiracies. They prey on the gullible and ignorant. The site is complete junk and I refuse to click their links, they're not getting a cent of advertising revenue from me. Terrible source. Again, unless you support that type of nonsense. Do you think 9/11 was an inside job?
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Judges on 9th Circuit Just Torched Court’s Decision on Trump Travel Ban to Correct ‘Many and Obvious’ Errors

EXCERPT:
        The five judges wrote that halting the travel ban was “unreasoned,” a “clear misstatement of law” and “ignore[d] the realities of our world” and that they had a duty to set the record straight:
        Above all, in a democracy, we have the duty to preserve the liberty of the people by keeping the enormous powers of the national government separated. We are judges, not Platonic Guardians. It is our duty to say what the law is, and the meta-source of our law, the U.S. Constitution, commits the power to make foreign policy, including the decisions to permit or forbid entry into the United States, to the President and Congress. We will yet regret not having taken this case en banc to keep those lines of authority straight.
        Wednesday, a Hawaii judge ruled against Trump’s rewritten travel ban.
        President Trump has vowed to take his travel ban cases to the U.S. Supreme Court.
        http://ijr.com/2017/03/826494-judges...bvious-errors/

Comment

Originally posted by Naffenea View Post
          So infowars is an acceptable source these days? How is that going unchallenged in favor of the more mundane bobo/drumpf drivel?
          Linked within ...
          http://www.staradvertiser.com/2017/0...t-to-honolulu/
          https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...6l&sh=078e7237
          https://www.popsugar.com/celebrity/B...-2017-43311474
          http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...roma-home.html

Source bias needs to be tempered if engaging proper G2.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
            That isn't true. The vetting now takes between 18 months and two years. All you have to do is a little research on the subject.

You're doing nothing but believing the propaganda of the far right and of Trump and his minions, who are proven liars.
            Problem is that the nations listed on the first and second ban either have no functional government or no effective one to assist with the vetting process. Also the conflicts in the area hinder any of our agents operating there or the validation of the limited documentation that many of the immigrants/refugees might have.

Insult to injury is that the Obama Admin did lessen some of the process and procedures that should have been followed. My oldest son has worked for Immigration doing this vetting/background check for a couple of years now and has noted the difference in policy and directives between the Trump and Obama administrations.

Like their "Fast and Furious" folly, the Obama Admin. was losey-goosey with some of the security needs of filtering potential threats among immigrants/refugees. There has been a heightened direction to apply the literal rules and laws with the Trump Admin.

Speaking of security, some of the details and specifics my son isn't at liberty to share

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
            https://www.uscis.gov/

Comment

You have the audacity to consider reddit a source
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                Context. On the same scale as SPLC.
                Was just showing that the InfoWars article wasn't all made-up by Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                  Context. On the same scale as SPLC.
                  Was just showing that the InfoWars article wasn't all made-up by Jones.
                  The context is you trying to defend an article on a website that believes 9/11 was an inside job. You then ignore the question as to whether or not you believe in those conspiracies then continued to defend the article by listing their references. Two of which reddit and popsugar, as if that's somehow supposed to lend to the credibility of the article or source.
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    I find it interesting that this latest round of court challenges adds to the number of judges Obama appointed that are opposing the President's travel ban order. All but one to date are Obama appointees. I wonder why that is...?
                    It's called court shopping. Both sides do it.

Liberal groups appeal to liberal judges that have appeals that go to liberal circuit courts. That's why you see these cases being brought out west where they go to the 9 th Circuit Court. The 9th is Widely seen as the most liberal circuit court. And in the past the circuit court with the most rulings overturned by the supreme court.

Conservative groups do the same thing. Bringing their appeals to more conservative judges.
                    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

The war against the MSM isn't about seeking the truth, it's about seeking confirmation bias. People don't care about the source so long as it supports their side.

The MSM hasn’t dealt with the truth in years. Remember the Bush fitness report that was a total forgery but still put out on broadcast TV. (Just the most egregious attempt to control an election (before CNN)).
                      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Actually, Alex Jones did, but some interesting information pops out, QUOTE:
                        WTF

I don't know the rules on this subreddit are about posting personal info. Until I get a clarification on that...all that I'll say is that if they drove from golf (Mid Pacific Country Club) to dinner (Noi Thai Cuisine) by car, they would have been just 5 minutes from the judge's house at one point during the drive. (Basically just turning off of the main road into one of the neighborhood developments)
                        I'm sorry, but when you consider that:
                        (i) Obama and the judge having been the same year at Harvard Law,
                        (ii) Obama having appointed the judge for the position,
                        (iii) Obama traveling to Hawaii in precisely when the judge is preparing a legal opinion on an Executive Order issued by Obama's successor that Obama does not like, and
                        (iv) Obama and the judge potentially being within 5 minutes driving of each other.
                        Some red flags should be going off. Maybe coincidence. But its definitely something worth asking questions about.
                        EDIT: It's possible that on the drive over they took Route 61 instead of Highway 1. If that's the case, they would miss the strip of road where the judge's house was 6 minutes off, but they would instead be brought to within 4 minutes of the courthouse. So no matter which way they travelled, they were roughly 5 minutes away from the judge's home or workplace (though I think it's the Highway 1 way because I doubt they'd want to drive through downtown Honolulu)

Comment

The context is you trying to defend an article on a website that believes 9/11 was an inside job. You then ignore the question as to whether or not you believe in those conspiracies then continued to defend the article by listing their references. Two of which reddit and popsugar, as if that's somehow supposed to lend to the credibility of the article or source.
                          They help validate the timeline coincidence of BHO's trip to Hawaii ...

Your question on "those conspiracies" is too vague and open ended for me to answer (and you haven't paid my fee), so I'll do as you most often do and not respond and leave you guessing ...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X