The Trump travel ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Trump travel ban

I find it interesting that this latest round of court challenges adds to the number of judges Obama appointed that are opposing the President's travel ban order. All but one to date are Obama appointees. I wonder why that is...?

To add to the "WTF". It seems that the Obama flew to Hawaii less than 48 hours prior to Judge Derrick Watson handed down his decision. Oh, they both graduated in the same year.
    https://www.infowars.com/coincidence...mp-travel-ban/
    Where have I heard a similar event something like this? Wasn't it in Phoenix
    HMMMMM
    Last edited by FTCS; 16 Mar 17, 23:57.
    Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      I find it interesting that this latest round of court challenges adds to the number of judges Obama appointed that are opposing the President's travel ban order. All but one to date are Obama appointees. I wonder why that is...?
      I wonder why you are asking? You know quite well that Obama's policy was to let everyone into America unchallenged no matter what their reasons for being here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        I wonder why you are asking? You know quite well that Obama's policy was to let everyone into America unchallenged no matter what their reasons for being here.
        That isn't true. The vetting now takes between 18 months and two years. All you have to do is a little research on the subject.

You're doing nothing but believing the propaganda of the far right and of Trump and his minions, who are proven liars.

Comment

Bobo's loyalties are always on the side of the enemies of the USA.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
            That isn't true. The vetting now takes between 18 months and two years. All you have to do is a little research on the subject.

You're doing nothing but believing the propaganda of the far right and of Trump and his minions, who are proven liars.
            Nonsense. "The vetting now" takes place under the Trump administration and not the Obama administration. Obama let them all in and Trump is trying to keep the wrong ones out. Even you should be able to distinguish between the two goals. Read what's posted and try to keep up.

As for "proven liars"....well...as an Obamite disciple you would know all about that.

Comment

Nonsense. "The vetting now" takes place under the Trump administration and not the Obama administration. Obama let them all in and Trump is trying to keep the wrong ones out. Even you should be able to distinguish between the two goals. Read what's posted and try to keep up.

As for "proven liars"....well...as an Obamite disciple you would know all about that.

There was vetting before Trump, simple fact....

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
                There was vetting before Trump, simple fact....
                Yes, there is one in place, that is why there isn't a global travel ban.

The countries that are on thelist, don't have a process in place to do the vetting..........simple fact.
                "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

To bad there was no one around to keep out all the Irish.
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by FTCS View Post
                    To add to the "WTF". It seems that the Obama flew to Hawaii less than 48 hours prior to Judge Derrick Watson handed down his decision. Oh, they both graduated in the same year.
                    https://www.infowars.com/coincidence...mp-travel-ban/
                    Where have I heard a similar event something like this? Wasn't it in Phoenix
                    HMMMMM
                    Terrible source that's probably not true, unless you also believe aliens secretly run our government because infowars does.
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

First passed in 1952 and with updates since as noted at end of page;

U.S. CodeTitle 8Chapter 12Subchapter IIPart II › § 11828 U.S. Code § 1182 - Inadmissible aliens
                      https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182
                      One excerpt;
                      (B) Terrorist activities (i) In generalAny alien who— (I) has engaged in a terrorist activity;

(II) a consular officer, the Attorney General, or the Secretary of Homeland Security knows, or has reasonable ground to believe, is engaged in or is likely to engage after entry in any terrorist activity (as defined in clause (iv));

(III) has, under circumstances indicating an intention to cause death or serious bodily harm, incited terrorist activity;

(IV) is a representative (as defined in clause (v)) of— (aa) a terrorist organization (as defined in clause (vi)); or

(bb) a political, social, or other group that endorses or espouses terrorist activity;

(V) is a member of a terrorist organization described in subclause (I) or (II) of clause (vi);

(VI) is a member of a terrorist organization described in clause (vi)(III), unless the alien can demonstrate by clear and convincing evidence that the alien did not know, and should not reasonably have known, that the organization was a terrorist organization;

(VII) endorses or espouses terrorist activity or persuades others to endorse or espouse terrorist activity or support a terrorist organization;

(VIII) has received military-type training (as defined in section 2339D(c)(1) of title 18) from or on behalf of any organization that, at the time the training was received, was a terrorist organization (as defined in clause (vi)); or

(IX) is the spouse or child of an alien who is inadmissible under this subparagraph, if the activity causing the alien to be found inadmissible occurred within the last 5 years,

 is inadmissible. An alien who is an officer, official, representative, or spokesman of the Palestine Liberation Organization is considered, for purposes of this chapter, to be engaged in a terrorist activity.
                      TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

So infowars is an acceptable source these days? How is that going unchallenged in favor of the more mundane bobo/drumpf drivel?

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                          To bad there was no one around to keep out all the Irish.
                          Not a good day for that sentiment, actually peace on the island might have been greatly advanced if during the 19th and early 20th century the bloody Irish Americans could have been prevented from coming back and upsetting every settlement (and then bu**ering off back). We might have a peaceful federal UK now.
                          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                          Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by Naffenea View Post
                            So infowars is an acceptable source these days? How is that going unchallenged in favor of the more mundane bobo/drumpf drivel?
                            The war against the MSM isn't about seeking the truth, it's about seeking confirmation bias. People don't care about the source so long as it supports their side.
                            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                            - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                              Terrible source that's probably not true, unless you also believe aliens secretly run our government because infowars does.
                              Poor G2 on your part. That link contains several embedded links to more MSM type sources/articles.
                              TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X